=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Bases have been added - vow complete!

Wanted to do marble tiles - ended up with limestone. Now have a recipe to paint limestone. Fun stuff!

9PWUeaO.jpg

Seems like I'm not tired with painting gold. For the month of August, I, TPS, vow to paint 4 Sagittarum Custodians, in support of the Xenos.

kPPJFnb.jpg

Okay so I just realised I also never added a photo and these guys to my July vow of

5x Chaos Marines

gallery_36568_16061_58681.jpg

And 2x Obliterators:

gallery_36568_16061_31845.jpg

So if possible I would like to add these to my vow for July. I have all but finished the marines:

gallery_36568_16061_57927.jpg So I suppose worse case I will vow to complete their bases by the end of the Month deadline.

Hope thats okay Grot. Stand by for completions of all vows incoming...

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge to complete the following models in the month of August:

1x Necron Overlord

1x Necron Royal Warden

1x Necron Plasmancer

1x Canoptek Reanimator

1x Skorpekh Lord

2x Cryptothralls

3x Skorpek Destroyers w/ Plasmacyte

6x Canoptek Scarab Swarms

20x Necron Warriors

med_gallery_14776_14614_226405.jpg

That's one Necron half of Indomitus, right there.

Very nice toaee-- which dynasty are you painting them up as?

The Kharezt Dynasty, a once powerful and glorious force of the Necrontyr, battered by the War in the Heavens and devastated by the passage of time, awakening and using the discord that WAAAGH! Tortoof has unleashed on the Pnoabsterix sub-sector to re-establish themselves as a preeminent power in the galatactic north-east. They may have even had a hand in the rise of the great Ork warlord.

Test model:

med_gallery_14776_14614_183325.jpg

Edited by toaae

I gaurdian31 embark on the 12 months of hobby challenge and for the month of August pledge to complete 1 Champion of Nurgle with powerfist and bolter, 2 plague marines with icons of despair and 1 plague marine with blight for the Dark Gods!

IMG 0559

They should be all that is needed to get me to 25 PL to start a crusade with hopefully.

Thats a mighty fine vow there toaae! Trying to resist the urge to drop the quins and work on indomitus myself. You joining in the necron event too?

My vow is complete. The glue is still drying on the guardian bases. Damn children not sleeping and interrupting my hobby time!

gallery_141590_16070_342701.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_103994.jpg

As I'm here.. ..

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 12 harlequin players (Masque of the soaring spite) to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_436950.jpg

I'm missing a zephyrglaive somewhere. Hopefully I'll find it or I'll have to fasion one out of something.

Thats a mighty fine vow there toaae! Trying to resist the urge to drop the quins and work on indomitus myself. You joining in the necron event too?

Yep! Already posted those pictures there. Will probably post all my WiP shots there; don't really need a third thread dedicated to my stuff :teehee:

I'm an idiot - finished this a couple of days back and forgot to post - I did actually finish my second July vow!

mXQ7pqF.jpg

I'm batching up some other stuff I'm working on currently (just finished an old metal Vindicare, and I've got a Venerable Dreadnought on my painting table), so there'll be prettier photos soon.

EDIT: Pretty photo

2IePqi4.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

So my pledge for this month is an exciting one for me - it's my first set of models that are building towards a 40K army and not just for using with KillTeam. As an AdMec player I was intrigued by the new models coming out, so my pledge for August is 3 Serberys Raiders.

July 2020 pledge

Grotsmasha, my local store is doing a painting completion, there are about 2 and a half months until the deadline, can I do a plodding along vow for the two or so models I am thinking of entering, one would be infantry and the other monster, with maybe some terrain thrown in.

So my pledge for this month is an exciting one for me - it's my first set of models that are building towards a 40K army and not just for using with KillTeam. As an AdMec player I was intrigued by the new models coming out, so my pledge for August is 3 Serberys Raiders.

Looking forward to them :tu:

Grotsmasha, my local store is doing a painting completion, there are about 2 and a half months until the deadline, can I do a plodding along vow for the two or so models I am thinking of entering, one would be infantry and the other monster, with maybe some terrain thrown in.

Absolutely :tu:

Ok, defiantly NOT going to finish the Knight this month, but I've completed a Praetor and 5 HW Support Marines from my HH Plodding Along vow,

gallery_48988_16024_31384.jpg

gallery_48988_16024_48610.jpg

I don't recognize the torsos on the dudes around the Sergeant. Where'd the come from?

The old Ravenwing Upgrade sprue, IIRC it had 3 unique torso's and shoulder pads? I bought 60-80 of these torso fronts when B@C was released.

Ok, defiantly NOT going to finish the Knight this month, but I've completed a Praetor and 5 HW Support Marines from my HH Plodding Along vow,

I don't recognize the torsos on the dudes around the Sergeant. Where'd the come from?

The old Ravenwing Upgrade sprue, IIRC it had 3 unique torso's and shoulder pads? I bought 60-80 of these torso fronts when B@C was released.

Huh... I need to look at my Ravenwing sprues more then :lol:

For August, I'm refocusing on my GK's as my main faction for 9th. Finally chose between the DA and the GK. With that in mind, I pledge the following:

1. A Watch-master conversion to a Brother-captain. Conversion complete, just painting him as we speak.

2. Squad of 10 Paladins

3. If point 1 and 2 are done, then a strike/interceptor squad of 10 with a Vortimer Land Raider-Redeemer.

We are the Hammer!

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the two and a half months or thereabout to 23 October pledge a plodding along vow to complete at least one converted Kyria Draxus and one monster (Clawed Fiend or some other monster) for my local gaming stores painting competition.

Pictures to come once I am have built.

I'm sorry I failed my vow - but I can revow for August right?

I have made a tiny bit of progress on him, and the rest of the squad. Part of the delay was sourcing some new shoulder pads. I wanted the resin ones for the sergeant, so they would have chunky rivets to match the legs, and a bit more 'bling' in case I want to claim it's artifcer armour. I paid a fortune since they are OOP, but now feel like maybe it wasn't worth the time and expense. At least they are on and since this photo varnished ready for decals and washes. I will complete this in August. For the Warmaster!

med_gallery_93054_12142_410761.jpg