=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Damn Gederas, those guys look super sweet.  Nice clean lines.

Thanks!

Nice work guys! Gederas those yellow and black lines turned out great. Do you use tape, to tape  off the lines when you paint it?

Thank you! And nope. I probably should have used tape, but I simply used a mechanical pencil and the MkI Eyeball to gauge straightness :lol:

Thankfully it seemed to work, but.... yeah

I, Dwango, pledge to complete a nightwing for the sun blitz brotherhood by june as my plodding on project.

This is an ebay rescue. I need to add top fins and create a cockpit. I've already stripped it from its original paint scheme.

med_gallery_141590_15861_410090.jpg

I hope the wings work as well.

It was a pain in the arse to get the flight stand to work for mine.

I hope the wings work as well. 

It was a pain in the arse to get the flight stand to work for mine.

Sadly no, there were no connectors with it. Although that doesn't overly bother me. The stand was also missing so I'll be making my own (or sourcing another one more likely!). It might mean I'll have better luck getting it to fit at least!

Very cool :thumbsup:

Thanks man

@Spaz really cool conversion and painting, nice work!

Thanks Kolgrim

I , Spazmolytic, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1 Cultist to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

49350551176_817a5cc824_c.jpg

Grot: is it possible to paint terrain for this challenge? If so, is one fortification "segment" worth the same as a regular model?

I've just acquired one of the old Tempestus Firebase boxes (made up of an Aquila Strongpoint, two Firestorm Redoubts, and two Vengeance Weapon Batteries) and some Wall of Matyrs trench networks with a couple of bunkers and I'd like to pledge at least some of it this month and then the rest later on in the year. :)

Grot: is it possible to paint terrain for this challenge? If so, is one fortification "segment" worth the same as a regular model?

I've just acquired one of the old Tempestus Firebase boxes (made up of an Aquila Strongpoint, two Firestorm Redoubts, and two Vengeance Weapon Batteries) and some Wall of Matyrs trench networks with a couple of bunkers and I'd like to pledge at least some of it this month and then the rest later on in the year. :smile.:

Having just Googled the images, each piece listed below will be worth a Seriously;

1x Aquila Strongpoint 

1x Firestorm Redoubt 

2x Vengeance Batteries

1x Wall of Martyrs (Both trench sections)

So from what I believe you've got, that's 5 months of Seriously, with each piece credited 5 Attack/Defense

sml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.png

gallery_48988_13197_117360.png

I, Grotsmasha, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for my Plodding Along Pledge, vow to complete AT LEAST 1/2 of my Heresy First Legion back-log to the defence of the Imperial Faction by year's end.

gallery_48988_16024_172207.jpg

So that's:

40x Tactical Marines, 10 Support Plasma, 10 Support Heavy Bolter, Praetor, Chaplain, Terminator Praetor. I also 5x Cataphractii, 10 Indominatus, 1 Spartan, 2 Rhino and 20 or 30 Resin mkIII's as well to be finished.

This is the scheme I'll be going for,

gallery_48988_11572_362973.jpg

This guy was completed for the first ever Boxing Day Bash, way back in 2015.....

I've just acquired one of the old Tempestus Firebase boxes (made up of an Aquila Strongpoint, two Firestorm Redoubts, and two Vengeance Weapon Batteries) and some Wall of Matyrs trench networks with a couple of bunkers and I'd like to pledge at least some of it this month and then the rest later on in the year. :smile.:

Having just Googled the images, each piece listed below will be worth a Seriously;

1x Aquila Strongpoint 

1x Firestorm Redoubt 

2x Vengeance Batteries

So from what I believe you've got, that's 5 months of Seriously, with each piece credited 5 Attack/Defense

Alright, cheers Grot!

How about if I wanted to paint, say, the Aquila Strongpoint and Firestorm Redoubt in one month? Would I get +5CP and then 10 Attack/Defence?

Sadly no, there were no connectors with it. Although that doesn't overly bother me. The stand was also missing so I'll be making my own (or sourcing another one more likely!). It might mean I'll have better luck getting it to fit at least!

Shame, though it's rare you might take it out of swept wing configuration.

I'll get picts of my flight stand mod, it's basically combining the two types of stands with a few magnets for extra support.

I, Grotsmasha, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for my Plodding Along Pledge, vow to complete AT LEAST 1/2 of my Heresy First Legion back-log to the defence of the Imperial Faction by year's end.

So that's:

40x Tactical Marines, 10 Support Plasma, 10 Support Heavy Bolter, Praetor, Chaplain, Terminator Praetor. I also 5x Cataphractii, 10 Indominatus, 1 Spartan, 2 Rhino and 20 or 30 Resin mkIII's as well to be finished.

Gearing up for the new releases by any chance Grot?

1x Aquila Strongpoint 

1x Firestorm Redoubt 

2x Vengeance Batteries

Alright, cheers Grot!

How about if I wanted to paint, say, the Aquila Strongpoint and Firestorm Redoubt in one month? Would I get +5CP and then 10 Attack/Defence?

In that case, it would be 1x Completion, 1x Seriously (if Completed in the one month), so only 3CP but you are correct on the 10 Attack/Defense.

So that's:

Gearing up for the new releases by any chance Grot?

I wish I had the funds.....they all look so, so sweet

Edited by Grotsmasha

Shame, though it's rare you might take it out of swept wing configuration.

I'll get picts of my flight stand mod, it's basically combining the two types of stands with a few magnets for extra support.

That would be great. Cheers Focslain!

Hey guys, another additional action added to the Campaign Rules, allowing for a bit of Tactics....

The Great Dividing Ranges

gallery_48988_16024_133590.png
The Great Dividing Ranges, separating the three Factions are Difficult Terrain, and cost 2CP to move in to. When moving into this tile, the vantage point from the mountain top awards the Tile Commander a free Survey action. The Tile Commander may choose three consecutive connected tiles to Survey, revealing any forces or installations they may contain. The Tile Commander may choose to make additional Survey actions while occupying the tile for 1CP. Enemy Faction Armies will only be updated if the vantage point is maintained.

Some people are off to an absolute flyer. Hats off to anyone who's already notched up their first completion of the year. I've not got that far yet, but have finished the base and shade stages of my brood brother squad. 

squad 2

Still a long way to go, but getting the shade on always feels like a significant moment.

Made some progress on my fiends - basically just gold left for my basic colours, then I can move on to washes.  Not a great photo, but its just a WIP so it will have to do.

Xkk7UrN.jpg

I would like to make a "plodding along" vow to complete what is left to be done to a set of wall of martyr trenches - basically one trench, all 3 gun pits, and all the end pieces.  Given the discussion above, this would count as 2 or 3 models, I think.

l2qoBfm.jpg

I also want to make a really plodding along vow to complete a FW heresy era land raider that I bought at GW HQ  1 and a half years ago (one can't travel 4000 km and not buy something).  I'll be fielding it (when its done) as a regular 40K chaos landraider.

mhhJ7EQ.jpg

I would like to make a "plodding along" vow to complete what is left to be done to a set of wall of martyr trenches - basically one trench, all 3 gun pits, and all the end pieces.  Given the discussion above, this would count as 2 or 3 models, I think.

l2qoBfm.jpg

That complete set is worth a Seriously, and 5 Attack/Defense :tu:

Realspace shuddered and strained, and finally snapped as the ship emerged from the Warp. Alarms blared, for the journey was neither safe, nor was it quick, but the Twofold Nightmare, with fires burning across its hull, at long last arrived in the Voltronus System, to strike down the Loyalists and to claim the Inviolate Rage in the name of their Master. Forces gathered in the hold of the ship, eager to make planetfall, stirred up into the heights of fury by the words of the Corruptor.

One who aspired to glory shifted in his armour, then slipped away from the gathering muster. He would seek glory on his own, or die trying. Offering prayers to the Dark Gods, he stole away into the night, towards the ruins on the surface of the planet, far below. He smiled beneath the helm hiding his face, and spoke, unknowingly echoing those he left above.

We Are Returned!

And We Have Come For You!

12 Months   Vow 1

I, Arakos The Corruptor, hereby pledge in the First Month (January) to complete 1 Aspiring Champion for the Glory of Chaos and Lord Abaddon by month's end.

Death to the False Emperor!

January

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 2x Sanguinary Priests, 1x Librarian to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_4513.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_15646.jpeg

To do:

~ Bases (move to 32s on the bottom image)

~ Shading, highlights, detail, etc

~ Magnetise priest #2 weapon choice, maybe the Librarian's backpack