=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Lastly for my plodding along vow, I finished the conversion on the Inquisitor. For some reason I cannot find my Clawed Fiend so this monster will do instead. Any suggestions for a paint scheme for the big boy?

gallery_29932_13153_11559.jpg

Sorry bud, somehow managed to miss this guys, my vote is for some sort of Lava monster, glowing from the inside, like the LotR Balrog,

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99121499016_BalrogNEW02.jpg

Ok, so my Hobby mojo has been pretty low for the last two months or so, and just getting to the point of picking up a brush has been hard. Yesterday, I was wasting the day on YouTube when thee dude said in the same circumstance, he finds just forcing himself to start will kickstart the hobby juices and he'll get cracking on.

So I primed all mu Poxwalkers/Cutists from Conquest (42), watched Duncan's vid for painting them, and set about batch painting them.

Here's the starting pic from midday yesterday, This will be my Speed Demon attempt for this month and I'll post up however many I get done by midday today (3hrs from now).

gallery_48988_16024_173727.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

One. The answer is one.

gallery_48988_16024_36108.jpg

The good news is, it only took 10mins to get from where the rest are, to this one complete, which means if I keep up pace, I'll finish them all today, or tomorrow after work.

Edited by Grotsmasha

Just noticed that I never posted for August :huh.: .

It was just a single RuntHerder

Before

med_gallery_61271_15936_515652.jpg

And Completed Yesterday

med_gallery_61271_15936_330332.jpg

Have to think what to do for September, maybe a few Boyz, my little Whaaargh is taking shape, should have a few KillTeam options when this is over. Keep up the good work everyone else.

Here's my completed pledge for August:

genestealers

Grotsmasha - I have a question for you. How do vehicles work with the 'seriously' badge? Are they worth just one model, or do they count for more? I'm asking because I've managed to paint at least five models every month so far this year, and I'd like to keep the streak going, but my next project is going to be a ridgerunner.

Thanks for your help. 

Here's my completed pledge for August:

Grotsmasha - I have a question for you. How do vehicles work with the 'seriously' badge? Are they worth just one model, or do they count for more? I'm asking because I've managed to paint at least five models every month so far this year, and I'd like to keep the streak going, but my next project is going to be a ridgerunner.

Thanks for your help. 

A single vehicle is worth a Seriously :tu: 

One. The answer is one.

gallery_48988_16024_36108.jpg

The good news is, it only took 10mins to get from where the rest are, to this one complete, which means if I keep up pace, I'll finish them all today, or tomorrow after work.

That's still like crazy-crazy-CRAAAZYYY fast for me :D

Well done Grot!

I managed to also complete ONE Outrider :P

med_gallery_105306_14251_555221.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_115875.jpg

Some slow going on the Lieutenant after the quicker 6 swarms, been organising a house which is hopefully sorted now so can crack on with the rest of the red, though having done one leg can't say the original plan to do this detail for all the marines is gonna stay...maybe just the bladeguard and characters. Still, quite pleased with it, don't often do red this shade, though some of the weathering could be tidied up a bit.

IMG-20200824-130205-01.jpgIMG-20200824-130208-01.jpgIMG-20200824-130220-01.jpg

Edited by Aeternus

Some slow going on the Lieutenant after the quicker 6 swarms, been organising a house which is hopefully sorted now so can crack on with the rest of the red, though having done one leg can't say the original plan to do this detail for all the marines is gonna stay...maybe just the bladeguard and characters. Still, quite pleased with it, don't often do red this shade, though some of the weathering could be tidied up a bit.

Dude, that is awesome.....

Adding 1 more before this month is out because why not!

I Brother Cambrius do hereby pledge to complete 4 Intercessors in the colours of the Sons of Doom chapter for the Imperial forces before the end of this month's deadline!

med_gallery_26154_4148_212951.jpg

It's been interesting to see what kind of kitbashes I can make with the push fit varieties from the Conquest magazines and such using firstborn and Reiver bitz. Doesn't look too bad I think. :D

Cambrius

Alright, I got quite the admission for this month. Completed a Doomglaive Dreadnought (from my May's vow, I believe), a primaris chaplain (with some fluff to establish him), and that paladin squad of 10. Unfortunately the Land Raiders didn't arrive, so looks like they are happening for next month. Pictures/Fluff in spoiler.

Grey Knight Primaris Chaplain
gFXfC92.jpg
MFH41C2.jpg
F6X450U.jpg
yW4V1hy.jpg

Fluff to go with him:

999.M41, 0.01 Excerpt Log, Brother-Sergeant Koriel of the Dark Angels 5th company.

“Throne, I’m not even sure what I saw”. One moment he has there, one moment he was not. Nothing out of the ordinary too, just a regular patrol, reinforced with the hellblasters from the 5th company. We encountered, xenos, the Tau’va, those throne-forsaken species. The hellblasters gave them every chance to leave, but the damn xenos refused. We opened fire, and our Chaplain, Argentius preaching sermons that even the machine-spirits of our weapons were soothed by. He would have made a fine Techmarine if he was not the overly spiritual type.

We put down the xenos incursion and we were on the way to our Stormraven. Then we saw them, silver-armoured marines, bearing unknown heraldry. They were not traitors, that much I am certain, their runes on the armour glowing gold, and their imperial heraldry pristine. The leader asked our chaplain to come with him, beckoning to a stormship of the same silver grey as his armour. I asked the question of who he was, and which chapter he hailed from. Then suddenly our muscles were locked – we could not do anything, however other than dumbly stare at the lens of their captain’s helmet. Our Chaplain, as if by some hidden consent followed them, flashing me a look of sadness and loneliness that to this day haunts me. That is the last thing I remember, and as I woke up, none of the silver space marines, nor our chaplain was there, with the hellblasters still lying comatose. Of course, I reported this to Master Lazarus of the 5th company, but he advised me in not many words to forget what I saw.

End log.

999.M41, 0.03 Excerpt Log, Brother-Sergeant Koriel of the Dark Angel’s 5th company.

Today, I think I saw him – dressed in the same silver armour of that chapter, with that strange helmet, and the rune-escribed plate. It was him; I am certain – I would never forget my first attempts at writing litanies which he, Argentius reverently sealed to his backpack. He even still had the seals of the Indomitus crusade, alongside his backpack, crux, and crozius, given to him by Rouboute Gulliman himself. After the battle, I approached him – his silver comrades with their strange helmets parting way, as if again by hidden, psychic consent. So many questions flashed through my mind – Who were they, where is he, why are they freely wielding the power of the warp, dancing around their silver armour?

Their leader, obviously a chaplain, just simply nodded, showing the same gesture that my old friend Argentius showed during the Indomitus crusade – the Aquila with his hands intertwined, reinforced by his crozius. Then as a gate of psychic power opened behind him, he followed his new comrades into the depths of whatever that gateway lead. That is how I know, Argentius is now one of those marines. Emperor protect him.

End log.

Paladin Squad 1
5ilAdsT.jpg
IMksG7A.jpg
5Ur2GDv.jpg
UQuHxAc.jpg

Paladin Squad 2
eN9drr6.jpg
xU9Er1o.jpg
KDPVxQj.jpg
DyPrEdx.jpg

Doomglaive Dreadnought (basing WiP)
V1T8ZnE.jpg
zexBpiS.jpg
3ux6Rti.jpg
IB4A1LL.jpg

Looking good all!

@Grotsmasha: One poxwalker is still one done! And especially well done if you knocked that out in that short a time, keep going every now and then when the mood takes you and soon they'll all be complete :) And cheers for the compliment on the BA!

@Mactire: Solid work on the runtherd, a model I don't often see. Pity, it (or certainly the squig) has character :D

@Rogue: Loving the genestealers, the blue especially with the highlights has come out really nicely like a slightly shiny bug carapace

@Majkhel: Good paintjob on the biker, where did you get the wing bit you added from? Adds a nice bit of character.

@Etheneus: Always a sweet spot in my heart for the reliable old russ, you've certainly done it justice, with all the options to boot!

@Arakos: Good work on the legionnaire, The Phoenician would be proud :D 

@Skywrath: Quite the selection! All nicely done, think the ornamental indomitus chaplain armour lends itself quite nicely to the Grey Knights scheme, and appreciate the fluff excerpt behind it.

@Rogue: Let loose the mechadoghorses of war! Nice job with them, think this might be the first fully painted squad I've actually seen, and solidly done at that.

@Gederas: Christ, already almost through the box, impressed at the pace! Some well done Unforgiven, I'd both love and hate to be on the same table as them :P 

For a bit of a break from the BA and red in general I'm going to quickly knock out a couple of Legionnaires who've been in my to do boxes for far too long, in order to get some practice on other schemes and try and achieve a speed daemon award...we'll see how that goes. So for August, I, Aeternus, vow to complete 1 Night Lords Praetor and 1 Narik Dreygur by the end of the month (and maybe this time tomorrow)

IMG-20200827-191607.jpg

I had a tussle with the stomach flu (luckily not Covid) in the last couple days, so I had to stay off the delicous acrylic paints for a bit. Now back at it again - vow complete!

ZJNLv47.jpg

loBJlQu.jpg

Qp9R3la.jpg

zCypXvV.jpg

To turn my Marines into an actual Patrol detachment, I should probably finish their current commander too. I, TPS, vow to finish painting a Librarian for the Xenos forces, by end of August!

53Vcq11.jpg

The sludge needs some water effects, but these guys are essentially done - vow complete.

KDusvh0.jpg?1

As Monday is a day off in the UK I think I have time for another quick pledge.

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to base one plague drone by months end, for the glory of Nurgle and the Chaos faction.

znGKadg.jpg?1