=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Great work everyone! let's finish holiday season with a style :D

@TPS, your marines' coulor scheme is fantastically striking. With your painting style, they look very much like as if drawn in a comic book. Fantastic feel. Also I compliement your using of the BG-Ancient body to build a Librarian! Might steal that idea as I still have one more to utilize (one already I turned into Corbulo/Sanguinary Priest).
Your Furies also show how you have mastered the use of contrasts for a fast demonic painting ;)

@Givemead, loving your old Raptors! Do you have any more still by chance?

I managed to finish my second Outrider:
med_gallery_105306_14251_753304.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_392360.jpg

@TPS, your marines' coulor scheme is fantastically striking. With your painting style, they look very much like as if drawn in a comic book. Fantastic feel. Also I compliement your using of the BG-Ancient body to build a Librarian! Might steal that idea as I still have one more to utilize (one already I turned into Corbulo/Sanguinary Priest).

Your Furies also show how you have mastered the use of contrasts for a fast demonic painting :wink:

Thanks man! The Furies were great to relax when I needed a break from the fiddly lines and freehands on the Marines. I'm looking forward to your Librarian!

What does the ax on the bike symbolize? I notice the edge is pointed at the biker himself. Is it a reminder to self-reflect, lest he succumb to the Black Rage and require Astorath to grant him the mercy of the High Chaplain's ax?

Have you ever considered a career as an English Lit teacher? :P

(I mean no offence)

Edited by Aeternus

Have you ever considered a career as an English Lit teacher? :P

(I mean no offence)

None taken. As a young man (I'm 41 now), I had ambitions to be a comic book writer. Worldbuilding, mythmaking, character development, and daydreaming were all skills I practiced in an effort to achieve those ambitions.

What does the ax on the bike symbolize? I notice the edge is pointed at the biker himself. Is it a reminder to self-reflect, lest he succumb to the Black Rage and require Astorath to grant him the mercy of the High Chaplain's ax?

Hey mate :) The axe was used as this particular marine's heraldry to symbolise a single powerful, executing strike. It's edge is pointing towards the marine, because that is a proper heraldic a dextra direction (to the right of a person holding a shield against him). 

Augusts main vow is complete.

gallery_141590_16070_413531.jpg

And I'm going to try and sneak at least one of these in before the deadline.

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 2 heresey era dark angels to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_188816.jpg

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge to complete the following models in the month of August:

1x Necron Overlord

1x Necron Royal Warden

1x Necron Plasmancer

1x Canoptek Reanimator

1x Skorpekh Lord

2x Cryptothralls

3x Skorpek Destroyers w/ Plasmacyte

6x Canoptek Scarab Swarms

20x Necron Warriors

med_gallery_14776_14614_226405.jpg

That's one Necron half of Indomitus, right there.

To war, they march!

med_gallery_14776_16609_362005.jpg

My vow complete, I'll be back tomorrow with September's project.

(more pics in the Necron's Roral Awakening event)

New month, new models:

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 5 Assault Intercessors, 3 Eradicators a Primaris Lieutenant and Judiciar to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

And it's done:

IW8pf3z.jpg

91zPEkn.jpg

0d5PPnp.jpg

TIaqjGL.jpg

6Ppy3xP.jpg

Having finished my August vow (genestealers) a while back, I've been working on my plodding along vow, and I'm pleased to say that it's done - in fact, it was done a couple of days ago, so isn't a last minute contender, but I'm only getting round to it now.

pod1

pod2

pod3

The last photo is the new pod alongside one I painted a long time back, when they were still fairly new, and I wanted to try and match the painting style with the new one.

But as well as the pod, I'm also going to have a crack at both last minute and speed demon, with this final August vow:

dark angel

It's just after 8:30pm local time, and he'll be a Dark Angel (it's a long story) before midnight. Hopefully. (The current green (which was a test run for some other forgotten project) isn't going to be the colour he ends up, so it's not a head start.)

And I'm happy to report that my Intercessor sub-squad is now complete within the month!

Intercessor Sub-Squad Lechen of the Sons of Doom 5th Company:

med_gallery_26154_2055_813968.jpg

Now to work out what to do for September, as I'll be joining a Crusade event.

Cambrius

New month, new models:

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 5 Assault Intercessors, 3 Eradicators a Primaris Lieutenant and Judiciar to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

And it's done:

0d5PPnp.jpg

6Ppy3xP.jpg

Whoa that's awesome! I'm trying to get helmets for all my Indomitus primaris too. Where did you get the Eradicator sergeant one, from Aggressors? And the Justicar's?

And it's done, after 8 years:

Too sleepy to set up some kind of lightbox so this will do for now.

Welcome to the "Long-Time Coming" club, Wakkomaster! :D It's a good feeling when they're finally done, isn't it? I had one I started 13 years ago completed in this event earlier in the year and damn if it wasn't a satisfying moment when the paintbrushes were put down.

Cambrius

And done! That might be the fastest I've ever painted a single miniature, ever (at a little over 2 hours).

dark angel

It's not my finest work, and I'm not sure about the transfers, but I'm fairly happy with it as a quick one-off.

While I'm here, here's my September pledge:

I, Rogue, pledge to complete one Achilles Ridgerunner for the glory of the Xenos faction.

ridgerunner

New month, new models:

And it's done:

Whoa that's awesome! I'm trying to get helmets for all my Indomitus primaris too. Where did you get the Eradicator sergeant one, from Aggressors? And the Justicar's?

The Eradicator Sergeant's helmet is from the Aggressors, yes. The Judiciar's is from Kromlech, the "Prime Legionnaires Hooded Veteran" heads. I picked it because it looked like the original metal Asmodai's helmet.

I will post better photos later, but it's 11:40pm here and my vows are complete.

50292137503_a85d88512e.jpg

EDIT:I just realized you can also see some intended vows for September in the background.

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

AUGUST SUMMARY

August was a great month for the Challenge with 28 Frater returning to the Challenge and pledging 282 models. All bar one of the 27 Frater completed their pledges, and a total of 224 models. Once again, I'm impressed each month by both the volume, and quality of the models you're all putting out.

Now the important bit, badges,

gallery_48988_15094_31.png

LameBeard

roguechaplain

tn_gallery_48988_15094_11437.png

Aeternus

Etheneus

TPS

gallery_48988_15094_1349.png

Brother Argent
Brother Cambrius

Focslain
Gederas
Gore Crow
Grotsmasha
Jolemai
(Knight-Master)Skywrath

mactire
Majkhel
SufficientAnonymity
Trokair
Wakkomaster

Arakos The Corruptor
Dr_Ruminahui

gaurdian31
Givemead

Llagos_Tyrant

Dwango
Rogue

The_Chaplain

toaae

gallery_48988_15094_2750.png

Spazmolytic

gallery_48988_15094_2120.png

Etheneus

Lamebeard

roguechaplain

tn_gallery_48988_15094_9686.png

Aeternus

Brother Argent

Dr_Ruminahui

Focslain

Gederas

guardian31

(Knight-Master)Skywrath

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_13707.png

Dwango

Givemead

Llygos_Tyrant

Majkhel

Rogue

SufficientAnonymity

The_Chaplain

toaae

TPS

Wakkomaster

gallery_48988_15094_5231.png

Rouge - 1 Dark Angel - 2hrs, 17mins

Wakkomaster - Cato Sicarius - 11hrs, 6mins

sml_gallery_48988_15094_16121.png

Grotsmasha - 1 Poxwalker - 23hrs, 41mins

guardian31 - 1 Noxious Blightbringer - 25hrs, 57mins

sml_gallery_48988_15094_7593.png

Dwango - 2x HH Dark Angels - 12hrs, 2mins

Gederas - 1 Assault Intercessor - 13hrs, 55mins

gallery_48988_15094_3889.png

Gederas

Gore Crow

Rogue

toaae

Wakkomaster

tn_gallery_48988_15094_16025.png

Dr_Ruminahui

Majkhel

TPS

gallery_48988_15094_13896.png

Brother Argent

Brother Cambrius

Jolemai

Givemead

Llygos_Tyrant

Dwango

gallery_48988_15094_2519.png

Aeternus

Givemead

tn_gallery_48988_15094_826.png

Brother Cambrius

Etheneus

gaurdian31

toaae

TPS

sml_gallery_48988_15094_16967.png

Brother Argent

Focslain
Gederas

(Knight-Master)Skywrath

Majkhel
Trokair

Dr_Ruminahui

Llagos_Tyrant

Dwango
The_Chaplain

Rogue

gallery_48988_15094_4929.png

Dr_Ruminahui

(Knight-Master)Skywrath

Majkhel

sml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.png

Llygos_Tyrant

Rogue

The_Chaplain

gallery_48988_15094_3315.png

Boy was I spoiled for choice with excellent models for this Months Favourite (honourable mentions to Llygos_Tyrant's Defiler, and Dr_Ruminahui's Keeper of Secrets), but in the end it was a battle of 3 mounted Completions, The_Chaplain's Nob Biker, roguechaplain's Serberys Raiders, and Majkhel's Outriders. In the end though, it was the excellend shading on the Outriders that tipped the balance in Majkhel's favour, well done bud :thumbsup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign Summary

Once again, with the output of both The_Chaplain and TPS, the Xenos Faction has completed the most models for the month coming in at 117 models. The Imperium completed 79 models and Chaos completed 28 models.

The Imperial Faction has earned 154CP, maintaining their advantage, the Xenos Faction earned 83CP, with Team Chaos right on their heels, earning 79CP.

Edited by Grotsmasha