=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

September

gallery_48988_15094_8250.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_4206.png gallery_48988_15094_4287.png gallery_48988_15094_4149.png gallery_48988_15094_1602.png gallery_48988_15094_1243.png gallery_48988_15094_7031.png gallery_48988_15094_4025.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_3505.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating
Vowed, No pic
Vowed, with pic
Complete

List of Participants

Imperium

Axineton -
Brother Argent - 4 Terrain Pieces, 5 Assault Intercessors
Brother Cambrius -

Crovan -
Etheneus - 2 Chimeras

Focslain - 10 Necron Warriors, 1 Command Barge
Gederas - 1 Primaris Master, 1 Primaris Chaplain, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 3 Primaris Bladeguard, 3 Primaris Outriders
Gore Crow - 3 Vertus Praetors (Riders)
Grotsmasha - 9 Poxwalkers, 1 Cultist (Stubborn)
Jolemai - 1 Drop Pod
(Knight-Master)Skywrath - 1 Ravenwing Apothecary, 1 Deathwing Ancient, 2 Primaris Outrider Squads, 1 Leviathan Dreadnought, 1 GK Brother Captain, 15 GK Stike Marines

Kolgrim DeathHowl -
mactire - 6 Ork Boyz
Majkhel - 5 Assault Intercessors, 1 Whirlwind Missile Launcher, 1 Judicar
Oshkai -
robofish7591 -
Sabadin -
SufficientAnonymity - 1 Marshal, Primaris Techmarine, 4 Servitors, 5 Assault Intercessors
Trokair - 7 Tau XV25 Stealth Suits
Wakkomaster - 3 Deathwatch Terminators
Wolf Guard Einar -

Chaos

Ace Debonair - 3 Plague Marines
Aeternus - Narik Dreygur (Stubborn),
Arakos The Corruptor - 10 Poxwalkers
Arkhanist -
Dr_Ruminahui - 2 Terrain Pieces, 5 Seekers

gaurdian31 - 2 Plague Marines, 4 Objective Markers, 1 Plague Burst Crawler, 3 Plague Marines
Givemead - 4 Chaos Cultists, 1 Plague Drone

LameBeard -
Llagos_Tyrant - 6 Scenery Barrels, 1 Devastator Cherub, 2 Ultramarine Devastators, 1 Iron Warriors Havoc, 2 Iron Warrior Helbrutes, 2 Iron Warrior Havocs
Mandoaloriano -
Spazmolytic - 1 Wraith Knight

Xenos

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch -
Dwango - 1 Weapon of Vaul, 5 Howling Banshees, Pheonix Lord Jain Zar
Ferrus Manus -
longjohnsilver -
Rogue - 1 Achilles Ridgerunner, 1 Primus, 7 Rock-Saws

roguechaplain -
The_Chaplain - 29 Scenery Barrels,
toaae - 1 Trukk

TPS - 5 Iron Havocs, 5 Custodian Guard, 3 Allarus Terminators, 3 Custodian Venatari, 24 Tactical Marines, 5 Support Marines, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 1 Laser Rapier, 2 Rapier Crew, Kh Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 2 Chimeras with all options to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

P3nLR10.jpg

Once again I will repaint models that are red and I bought of an Ebay equivalent (Tradera).

I acctually started repainting one when I bought these a few months ago but didn't think repainting would look good so stopped. Lessons learned and now I feel ready for it.

Having magnetized the options and added a commander last night they ate ready.

Oh, and I'm going to go the Royal Castle to be a honorary guard for a week so part of this will be painted in down time in the castle.

Thought I had less time than that - so, this isn't as last moment as I thought it was. :) 

Okay, finished basing (for now - I might patch some bits that are a bit bare) and painting all the options for my Keeper of Secrets, completing my vow for August.

First, the Shalaxi variants:

yeJdd27.jpg

F0GuDw9.jpg

Next the pony-tailed head with the knife and the whip:

ImgxGEz.jpg

xPbMlQ7.jpg

Last, the cow head with the claws:

4XOFLO7.jpg

Thought I had less time than that - so, this isn't as last moment as I thought it was. :)

Okay, finished basing (for now - I might patch some bits that are a bit bare) and painting all the options for my Keeper of Secrets, completing my vow for August.

Excellent work, Dr_Ruminahui. I especially commend the painting and detailing you did.

Does this Daemon remind anyone else of RuPaul?

Looks good, Jolemai.  Though... did he swipe some librarian's tome? :P

Thanks Bjorn - and to be fair, after I finished the first body and head, one of my first thoughts was "It looks like a drag queen"... which IMHO is appropriate for a a daemon of slannesh. :)

I, toaae, serving the glory of the Xenos faction, vow to complete in the month of September an Ork trukk.

med_gallery_14776_14614_239201.jpg

This has sat half-painted for like three and a half years, so here's to finally knocking it out. I'm going to make a Speed WAAAGH! for Crusade.

The better photos of the latest models as promised:

A Night Lords test model in prep for a big NL vow in October, with a cheeky freehand turning the Ultramarines logo into the Night Lords'.

50295176708_f8bb76a9fb.jpg50296010887_d34f1b0d38.jpg

50296011277_cee677fc09.jpg

50295177213_0c12302a95.jpg50296011422_fa614f5aa2.jpg

The big one, the Plodding Along vow, the Defiler. This thing turned into a growing nightmare to paint. It was a great learning experience, but man, trying to get it done in a packed month for me was ambitious. I did though, and I may return to it in the future, but for now, it's done.

50295851816_e40e77e2d6.jpg

Much more enjoyable, while also being a great learning experience, was the Blood Angel which kind of turned from a test model into a one off attempt at something that felt more like art for me. It was always a one off as I don't have other Blood Angels, but this has turned out great. I can definitely see myself doing more in the future.

Please indulge me this one model to really showoff.

50295875961_fc23f5e0c0.jpg 50296035807_62922b8857.jpg . 

50295200938_5e0603f65c.jpg50295211193_5ac8b5590a.jpg

50295852771_f4180c952f.jpg50295177613_9a78803f86.jpg

gallery_36568_16061_10523.jpg

And just scrapping through as usual. One of my better photos. Still crap but not completely that way. In other news I am thinking of rebooting a thread or two of my own to start better showcasing my stuff and encouraging myself to push further. See how I go.

Next up... not sure. About to re-organise a major project (or Ten...) so see where that goes.

Good job to the rest of you. Good to see so much progress from all of you.

I, Focslain, vow for the Imperium in the month of September. To complete 8 Necron warriors and 1 command barge.

Here's the pre-spray pict form the weekend. I've barely started on them due to several distractions and my want to do something different.

20200829 193315 HDR

Here's what the warriors are mostly going to look like.

20200823 003324

Feth, these past few weeks have been ridiculous. Moving house, problems with my internet, chemical burns on my hand from a puctured glove whilst cleaning... anyway, I'm finally able to paint properly again, and so have made a little more progress on Indomitus, but still not enough to consider doing formal vows yet. I've nearly finished the chunky highlight on the black of my first five Assault Intercessors, then it'll be time to do the really fun stuff - fine highlights and freehand insignia :biggrin.:

After that, I think I'm going to do the Marshal in gold like my Gravis one, then the other half of the AI squad. Thinking further ahead, I'm considering using legion Destroyer Squad insignia on my Eradicators, really weathering them up etc etc to contrast with the rest of my army.

So, stand by for a September vow SOONTM

New month! And I'm finally free from that stomach flu that had taken residence in my guts last week. Woo!

I, TPS, vow to paint ... *checks painting table* ... 5 Iron Havocs, 5 Custodian Guard with sword and board and 3 Allarus Terminators, by end of September, to reinforce the Xenos.

GleuhJo.jpg

Edited by TPS

Got a big one for this month as well, due to a tournament happening in 2 weeks from now. Let's see how much I can get through.

EDIT: Revising this list, in light of a game that I had. I'll still vow a Leviathan Dreadnought and those outriders. Grey Knights are on hold, temporarily.

EDIT n2: Revised this list for something a bit more reasonable.

Grey Knights:

- 2 x Strike Squads

- 2 x Interceptor Squads

- 1 x Vortimer-Land Raider Redeemer

- 1 x Brother-Captain

Dark Angels:

- 1 x Ravenwing Apothecary

- 1 x Deathwing Ancient with TH/SS

- 2 x Primaris Outrider Squads 

- 1 x Leviathan Dreadnought with all weaponry painted with the assumption that he will arrive this month.

*If all the above is painted, then I will vow a Grey Knight stormraven with all the weaponry as well.

Current Progress: 1 Strike Squad is nearly done, and both Interceptors are base-painted. Deathwing Ancient nearly done as well as well as the Ravenwing Champion.

We are the Hammer!

Edited by Skywrath