=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Good luck Skywrath, that’s quite the challenge you have set for yourself.

Dr Ruminahui, oh my the nostalgia with those ruins. Interested to see what you do with them.

Ok time for September vow, changing it up this month and taking a break from all the sisters.

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete some Tau XV25 Stealth Suits by month's end. Furthermore I aim to make progress on my plodding along vow and also on Asura for the Iron Gauntlet 2020 challenge 4.

Starting picture of the XV25s

gallery_29932_13153_69443.jpg

Minimal progress on my plodding along vow, but it is progress.

gallery_29932_13153_95034.jpg

Lastly, conversion progress for the character conversion for Iron Gauntlet Challenge 4

gallery_29932_13153_88333.jpg

Dr Ruminahui, oh my the nostalgia with those ruins. Interested to see what you do with them.

Nothing very exciting - they are going to be painted to match the 2 sets I painted years ago.  So, bleached bone, dark brown wash, and then likely a bit of bone drybrushing.

Really like how your rock beast is coming along, and your character conversion.

Narik Dreygur

'The Gravewalker'

Consul-Praevian of the IVth Legion

IW-F1-F.jpg

IW-F2-F.jpgIW-F3-F.jpgIW-L1-F.jpgIW-L2-F.jpgIW-B1-F.jpgIW-B2-F.jpgIW-R1-F.jpgIW-R2-F.jpgIW-A2-F.jpgIW-A4-F.jpgIW-A3-F.jpgIW-A1-F.jpg

So, managed to get this guy done, and pretty damn proud of how he's come out. During painting I was getting serious deja vu, so checked and yes, pretty much two years to this day I did my first Narik! So took this as an opportunity to try and do better, and judge what I've improved on and what maybe wasn't so good. Defo think the metal of the armour, the face apart from eyes (blends are smoother) and some small bits around are better, while I think this time round the skull on the front wasn't as good, some of the chipping could be tidied up and maybe I could've done more with the pistol as before, but still pretty happy with the improvement in two years from a model that (back then) I thought was good, and the model done now which I also think is one of my best recently. Who knows, I'll see where I stand in another two years :tongue.:

Anyway, hope you all enjoy him, and now it's onto the NL praetor for a bit of colourful contrast :biggrin.:

Edited by Aeternus

I. Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenege and vow to paint 4 chaos cultists by months end, for the glory of the chaos faction.

jnrKNrB.jpg?1

These are 'doubles' from the Blackstone Fortress chaos cultists that have been converted a bit to differentiate them from the earlier versions I did.

Edited by Givemead

Let's do this!

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete a Primaris Master, Primaris Chaplain, Bladeguard Ancient, 3 Primaris Bladeguard and 3 Primaris Outriders to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

mB0nZlP.jpg

TGKtmEa.jpg

a5v9ti0.jpg

ayrvPhH.jpg

Let's see if I can finish my Dark Angels Indomitus this month!

Finished my old mini ruins - a bit chalkier than I would like (that's what I get for drybrushing, though) but good enough for terrain.

hxkyvAk.jpg

lboJCim.jpg

They are slightly darker in person.

Looking good!

Always keeping an eye out for a set of those - trouble is, I'd have to paint them the same way as the other ruins in my collection (2nd ed card!) 0.0

September

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 1 x Drop Pod to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_172301.jpeg

To do:

~ Build and paint internals

~ Push outside to completion

September vow #2

I'm afraid the lack of pre-vow photos continues (:censored: my lack on internet) but I have finished the Marshal previously vowed, and started on a Primaris Techmarine and four servitors. Hoping this weekend I'll have functioning internet again, and thus be able to upload nice high res shots of the completed minis for both vows.

Trying to get off to a good start. 6x barrels and 1x Devastator cherub painted.

50328287783_cff1cf7506.jpg

The metal stippling/weathering looks a bit green in the light reflecting off the cutting pad, but it was my first time trying to dab colour onto something with a torn sponge, and I'm interested to try it on other models! Interested technique to explore more.

Your barrels look good - my only suggestion is to with a fine brush paint some of the leadbelcher onto the raised rims that circle the barrel, as realistically those are where the most wear and tear would occur, either from being rolled or from bumping against other objects.

I've gone and painted some stuff. Crusade now scheduled to start on the first of October. Go Custodes!

oXOFuNm.jpg

4DIyhU9.jpg

Also, some IV Legion goodness. I can now do hazard stripes almost on autopilot.

CaRjL8m.jpg

Vow complete!

For my second September vow, I, TPS, vow to convert and paint 3 Custodian Venatari by end of month, in support of the Xenos. It may be a case of modelling for disadvantage (those wings are huge!), but no silly GW flight stands!

OO7gLgE.jpg

To add to my September vow, I have also made a pledge in the aeldari event being run by trawlingcleaner

With a 3 to 1 swing to the banshees;

I, Dwango, vow to complete 1 unit of 5 Howling Banshees, inc exarch, and the pheonix lord Jain Zar before November 14thmed_gallery_141590_15861_224753.jpg

Edited by Dwango

Hey guys, August Summary is almost complete and will be up today, also, the following Challenges are eligible for additional CP

The Royal Awakening - 25 Jul to 8 Nov

There are four ranks of Completion, so up to 4CP is available

The Good, The Bad, The Aeldari - 12 Sep to 14 Nov

Up to 3CP available, 1 for Craftworlds, 1 for Drukhari, 1 for Halequins

Edited by Grotsmasha