=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

So flattered to get Aug's Favourite, thanks Grot! :blush.:

Reporting completed last 2 Assault Intercessors:
med_gallery_105306_14251_202804.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1727926.jpg

So just the launcher left now. I've lost some of my initial motivation to paint it (I blame Heavy Intercessors' reveal) but it will be done.
Cheers!

Edited by Majkhel

Half way through the month and I am only just starting now again...

I am going to start with the ruins from the starter set:

gallery_36568_16639_99586.jpg

This I vow to complete by the end of the month for the glory of the Imperium.

Excuse the moody shot, from my new project log. Trying to go full fluffy log for the contents of the Command and Recruit sets...

The achilles ridgerunner is done.

ridgerunner A

ridgerunner B

The weapons and turret options are interchangeable, but this is my favourite-looking version. And after being mocked (mocked, I tell you) for painting 'too clean' tanks during the ETL last year, I've tried out a bit of paint chipping on the front.

Because we're not even half-way through the month, I'm going to make a second pledge:

I, Rogue, pledge to complete one Primus before the end of September, for the glory of the Xenos faction.

primus V2

(I got him second-hand, so breaking the arm off for painting purposes was intentional - it just didn't break where i thought it would. Hopefully it'll go back together neatly later.)

Good news: I've finished the Techmarine and retinue, and should have a chance to do some photography this lunch break (pending an expedition* into town to grab a new backdrop), so hopefully I'll have vow completion photos up for my first two September vows very shortly. To round out the month, vow #3, the last five Assault Intercessors from thr squad I started back before moving house.

*okay, like a ten minute walk :rolleyes:

Deploy the Venatari - vow complete!

7Jij0jQ.jpg

For my next trick: I recently traded a big pile of my unused 40k material for a friend's big pile of unused 30k material and am now in possession of this bunch of bloodthirsty maniacs. Unfortunately, their paint job and basing is a bit all over the place. To forge this angry lot into a coherent fighting force, I, TPS, vow to revamp the bases and fix the paint job on an army of World Eaters (24 Tactical Marines with mixed weapons, a 5 man support squad with rotor cannons, a Contemptor dreadnought, a Laser Rapier battery with a 2 man crew, Khârn and Angron), by the end of September, for the forces of the Xenos!

Got vacation, can't go abroad, so painting it is!

nF6voL1.jpg

Edited by TPS

TPS, on the Venatari, I can see the legs and wings are Stormcast, but where are the imperial eagles on the shields form? Very nice work on them, that look stunning.

SufficientAnonymity, that sword looks interesting, how did you get that effect?

September vow completed, time to focus on the plodding along models.

gallery_29932_13153_34295.jpg

TPS, on the Venatari, I can see the legs and wings are Stormcast, but where are the imperial eagles on the shields form? Very nice work on them, that look stunning.

Thanks guys!

The eagles are leftover bits from the Reaver Titan. The kit includes various skulls, scrollwork and imperial/Mechanicum symbols, including those eagles. Since they are resin, I could just heat them and bend them to follow the shape of the shields.

Edited by TPS

And my second Primus (Secundus?) is done. I've varied the colour scheme a little, so he's not just a clone of the first one (although I guess that would work in this context), and tried a new idea with the bonesword (unoriginally going for a bone-like look).

primus A

primus B

I've recently come into half-a-dozen rock saws, so that'll be my next project, but no photo yet.

These are really an October pledge, because I can't see me finishing them this month, and I don't want to end up rushing them; but as I'm getting into them, here's my 'before' photo regardless.

rock saws

I recently picked up a batch of acolytes online, and they included 6 rock saws. Plus one I already had painted, and one more from an unassembled sprue, and suddenly I have enough rock saws to go with anything from a fully-loaded brood of 20 acolytes, down to four minimum-size units popping up all over the table.

All properly based, recess shaded, bloodied and ready to eat a world or two. Vow complete!

y8o6bcc.jpg

I also dug up a pair of Scourges for the Aeldari event by Trawlingcleaner.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/366398-the-good-the-bad-the-aeldari-event/?p=5605706

Well, I guess I'm back. :happy.:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete One (1) Plague Marine of the Hollow Knights to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_485156.jpg

It's been a stressful couple of months since I even thought about getting something done hobby-wise - but a bit of paint-on-plastic sounds like just the reprieve I need! :biggrin.:

Good to see you back Ace :thumbsup:

Good to be back, brother! :happy.:

Oh, and before I forget: Vow Complete! :biggrin.:

gallery_46204_9220_48010.jpg

The Hollow Knights are slightly unusual amongst Nurgle-aligned warbands for their marked preference for melee combat over massed firepower. The rationale for such tactics is simple; blasting bodies apart means less meat for the post-battle feast.

Thus, against all but the sturdiest of targets, the Hollow Knights favour the cut and thrust of melee over a pitched firefight. This can make them a predictable foe to face in the field, but no less dangerous for it - sheer unnatural resilience and the urgency that desperate, ravenous hunger brings makes the Hollow Knights a difficult foe to deal with no matter how simplistic their battle plans appear.

EDIT: More pics:

gallery_46204_9220_49280.jpg gallery_46204_9220_65860.jpg

Also: I have really missed having time to paint stuff. It's the most relaxing thing on stressful days!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Really nice, Ace! Love the idea, have we seen these guys down in the Liber before? Is it some kind of hypermetabolism plague that consumes them from the inside out, but if they take in enough raw material they can keep it at bay? Nurgle, but with a Khorne-y flavour!

Really nice, Ace! Love the idea, have we seen these guys down in the Liber before? Is it some kind of hypermetabolism plague that consumes them from the inside out, but if they take in enough raw material they can keep it at bay? Nurgle, but with a Khorne-y flavour!

I've not yet written anything in the Liber for the Hollow Knights outside a throwaway line or two in the White Hawks IA. I'll get around to them one day! :happy.:

The Hollow Knights have a "Hunger Plague" that gives them Wolverine-style regenerative power for so long after they gorge on meat - the fresher the kill, the more potent the effect. It comes with a few downsides, to say the least! The most obvious one is rampant mutation, much more likely if you're recovering from major wounds like having your arm cut off. The other side-effects include occasional mindlessness, an addiction to eating your kills and gradually becoming less inclined to clean up after yourself. :laugh.:

Next time I get a day off, I'll get back to work on my Nurgle Bois.

I still have five models from a plague marine squad (plus a couple of monopose Plague Champions) to build up - I think I'll have some fun with the weapon options. :happy.:

Excellent works, Ace Debonair.

The Hollow Knights are slightly unusual amongst Nurgle-aligned warbands for their marked preference for melee combat over massed firepower. The rationale for such tactics is simple; blasting bodies apart means less meat for the post-battle feast.

Thus, against all but the sturdiest of targets, the Hollow Knights favour the cut and thrust of melee over a pitched firefight. This can make them a predictable foe to face in the field, but no less dangerous for it - sheer unnatural resilience and the urgency that desperate, ravenous hunger brings makes the Hollow Knights a difficult foe to deal with no matter how simplistic their battle plans appear.

Is the name a reference to the video game Hollow Knight, or the undead in the Dark Souls video games?

Painting on the latest 4 chaos cultist is done.

8pSn6De.jpg?1

I'll do their bases at the same time as...

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to complete the base of a Plague Drone by months end, for the glory of Nurgle and the Chaos faction.

2sJ8RE2.jpg

I'll also fix his horn.