=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

For the 4th legion! My first vow of September is complete (-2 Havocs who I don't want to proceed with):

50383579162_548efe6240.jpg

50382696953_5850aedb12.jpg

Although the vow was initially for 3 Havocs, I will only be completing 1. The other two are from the early days of my Iron Warriors some 8 years ago, and are so poorly constructed that the anatomy of the assembled marines demand significant reconstructive surgery, or the Emperor's mercy.

So much glorious Chaos on show here, brothers - you continue to make the Gods proud!

Also, I guess I really am back - I'm going again! :biggrin.:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete Two (2) Plague Marines of the Hollow Knights to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_426653.jpg

Is the name a reference to the video game Hollow Knight, or the undead in the Dark Souls video games?

It wasn't inspired by either, actually, I just thought it sounded like a cool name for some Chaos Marines.:sweat:

That said, I'm ok with people taking it as a reference to either or both of those things.:thumbsup:

And thus do I declare my first September vow finally finished:

gallery_36568_16639_15814.jpg

And declare for the month of September I shall also attempt to complete a Five man Assault Intercessor Squad, Squad Castus:

gallery_36568_16639_33440.jpg

Again excuse the artsy photos... At least I am getting better at taking photos.

I declare my September vow completed!
I can understand my fallen cousins a bit now after painting all those trims :teehee:
med_gallery_105306_14251_996575.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_547527.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_293521.jpg

sml_gallery_105306_14251_907438.jpgsml_gallery_105306_14251_1727926.jpgsml_gallery_105306_14251_202804.jpg

And I will attempt one more feat for September:
I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of SEPTEMBER vow to complete 1 Custodian of the Damned count-as-Judiciar to the defence of the IMPERIUM by month's end.
med_gallery_105306_14251_1296933.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Vow Completed!:biggrin.:

gallery_46204_9220_4788.jpg

Sorry about the poor-quality pic and lack of my usual flavour text stuff, but I've got to rush off to work. No rest for the wicked and so on!

I'll update this post with a better picture once I can get one.:sweat:

Trying to sneak in an end of month vow as well. I, TPS, vow to paint 5 Red Butchers, for the glory of KHORNE!!! the Xenos, by end of September.

6ksc6Dy.jpg

Edit: for a pair of painted Scourges for the Aeldari event, check here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/366398-the-good-the-bad-the-aeldari-event/?p=5606191

Edited by TPS

Seems like this month is full of disappointment for everyone. Let's add more to this list..

Ravenwing Apothecary
XYovX1k.jpg
eBgrhW0.jpg
RigjraO.jpg
G7VS6kC.jpg

Leviathan Dreadnought
hW0wuCT.jpg
Aj6perq.jpg
TuVDmGW.jpg
DqyTkrZ.jpg

3 Units of Strike Squads
mkFV50V.jpg

Brother-Captain
gEp6E4f.jpg
t3QUylj.jpg
owASsrr.jpg
DyVvrva.jpg

Relatively happy with the Ravenwing Apothecary, and fairly happy with the Leviathan Dreadnought. The Leviathan Dreadnought in the pictures has some white areas that I missed (damn resin!) that I will need to go over again, so I'll add a "patch-up" vow for next month. Still need to do the grav-flux bombard and the other stormcannon array, but I'll add those to the list. Strikes were done quickly for the tournament, so I'll add those along as well for the patch-up vow. Fairly proud with the brother-captain and his conversion (Blood Angel players please don't kill me), however as the picture details, some of the tissue I used to wipe the excess paint off, stuck, giving him his left gauntlet a furry appearance. His base is still in need of drying so I can add the snow effect, but otherwise, fairly happy with this, and I'll add him to the patch-up vow. He's also my first attempt at recess shading over a light color. 

Is this proposal OK, Grot? 
Edited by Skywrath

Not the most exciting way to get back on the painting horse but I vow to complete: 29 barrels for the Xenos faction before years end

https://flic.kr/p/2jMRYt6

Sorry for the link-- trying to figure out all these apps on my phone (doesnt help Im technologically impaired)

Edited by The_Chaplain

Hi folks,

Got the latest cultists and the Plague Drone based.  Really pleased with the drone which has a paper clip drilled/sculpted into the leg on its left side to attach it to the base and which looks like it is just dipping into the rancid goop.  I also managed to fix up the rider's horn quite nicely.

AxofrUu.jpg

aDGrxZa.jpg?1

Vow complete along with the Craftworld element of my vow for the Aeldari event. Their dark cousins are next, which will also be my October vow,

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of October pledge to complete 5 incubi and Drazar to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

gallery_141590_16070_10096.jpg

Jain Zar and banshees done.gallery_141590_16070_365156.jpg

And another vow, Drazar and incubi

sml_gallery_141590_15861_381679.jpgsml_gallery_141590_15861_1659094.jpg

I, Llagos Tyrant, vow to continue in the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Spooktober (October) pledge to complete 2 Night Lords Chaos Lords, 1 Night Lords Master of Possession, 2 Night Lords Greater Possessed, 5 Night Lords Warp Talons, 5 Night Lords Chaos Space Marines, 1 Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, and 1 Iron Warriors Exalted Champion (Total of 17 models).

The 2 Iron Warriors characters are also in the Liber challenge to convert, paint and make a house rules datasheet for a character.

50402910602_d02c9a224d.jpg

Well, I failed the total vow, but I got the Chaplain and Master done for September:

Next month for the Bladeguard Ancient, Bladeguard and Primaris Outriders

Well...... Turns out I misjudged myself. I actually finished the Outriders and the Bladeguard today (as in, before I went to bed :laugh.:)

TwqMOhV.jpg

AXrdbzY.jpg

Seems you can get a lot of painting done in two days if you call out of work because you're not feeling well. Whoda thunk? :lol:

Edited by Gederas