=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Llagos_Tyrant, Those are some interesting Dreads, what the story behind the conversions?

50424932848_70f1452914.jpg

The spider-faced Helbrute is based on Legionnaire Aralan, a character in a fanfic story I had written in the Liber who at the time of the story was beginning to sprout spider like mandibles and eyes from his helmet - much to the chagrin of the other Iron Warriors who thought he should cut off the mutations and replace anything damaged with bionics. Eventually the character would have been much more mutated, until his survival was imperiled and his fellow Iron Warriors forcibly imprisoned, and then vivisected him, and interred him into the Helbrute.

50425795102_6e76a7291f.jpg

This one is more recent and actually had some fluff written for my IG account, and for my own background. He is the Carrion Knight, a counts-as Helbrute that is a daemon host of cadavers which it consumes for its own survival. A once brilliant warrior of my Iron Warriors tried to overthrow the warband's ruling Triumvirate, and caused a great deal of destruction to the VIIth Grand Battalion. Eventually he was forced to realign with the Triumvirate after being preyed upon by other Legions in the Eye of Terror. One of the Triumvirate then cut him down, and fed his corpse into the Carrion Knight, where his spirit overcame the daemon. Although the former warrior is the dominant personality in the Carrion Knight, he remains bound forever to the will of the Triumvirate due to the runes carved into the creature's flesh.

I am happy to show the Iron Warriors Chaos Lord is complete!

50420373326_77980064c8.jpg50420544767_32b9ccdc7b.jpg

I'm calling the 5 Warp Talons done. I can settle on battle ready for these models. Will add transfers when I wrap up the Night Lords this month.

50431893802_2f042c0679.jpg

On an unrelated note, I have decided that I don't ever want to buy the Raptors or Warp Talons kit and will attempt to kitbash any future Raptor squads to use the base CSM bodies. I think the single vent jump pack from the Heresy would look sweet on their backs.

:wallbash: I just lost the 99% complete September Update  :facepalm:

Nooooo :(

Yeah. I lost it a second time, rage quit and spent the day painting The Lion. On a positive note, I made significant progress on him, all I have left is pouches, bones, skin etc on the NL's on the base, and the magnetised weapons and scabbards for the big guy himself.

:wallbash: I just lost the 99% complete September Update  :facepalm:

Nooooo :sad.:

Yeah. I lost it a second time, rage quit and spent the day painting The Lion. On a positive note, I made significant progress on him, all I have left is pouches, bones, skin etc on the NL's on the base, and the magnetised weapons and scabbards for the big guy himself.

I'd ask for pics, but...

I, toaae, serving the glory of the Xenos faction, vow to complete in the month of September an Ork trukk.

med_gallery_14776_14614_239201.jpg

This has sat half-painted for like three and a half years, so here's to finally knocking it out. I'm going to make a Speed WAAAGH! for Crusade.

I didn't paint at all in September. The COVID-malaise is so real.

I, toaae, will attempt to complete an Ork Trukk in the month of October, in the name of the Xenos Faction.

Exploring the insides of a downed spaceship, 30k style. Vow complete!

shn9u0O.jpg

XsvJuQe.jpg

The World Eaters collection I recently took over contained a really cool conversion. All it needs is some paint. Therefore, as my second vow for this month, I, TPS, vow to paint a Brass Scorpion for the Xenos by month's end.

TdAG6rd.jpg

I, toaae, serving the glory of the Xenos faction, vow to complete in the month of September an Ork trukk.

med_gallery_14776_14614_239201.jpg

This has sat half-painted for like three and a half years, so here's to finally knocking it out. I'm going to make a Speed WAAAGH! for Crusade.

I didn't paint at all in September. The COVID-malaise is so real.

I, toaae, will attempt to complete an Ork Trukk in the month of October, in the name of the Xenos Faction.

Finally found enough hobby energy to knock it out this week:

med_gallery_14776_14604_1001706.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14604_263981.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14604_1067027.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14604_174320.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14604_996092.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14604_129505.jpg

This thing is hideous, as I no longer paint my vehicles the way it's painted, but there was no sense in stripping a 70% painted vehicle, so I wanted to knock it out. To add injury to insult, my son belly-flopped on it when it was about 90% done, resulting in me needing to re-install the gunner, pin the wrecking ball and half the chain to the rest of it it, and completely remove the exhaust pipe as it was too damaged to save. Suffice to say, he spent FOREVER in timeout.

TPS, that Brass Scorpion conversion is Awesome, looking forward to the paintjob now. Your Breachers also turned out nice.

Grotsmasha, are you painting one of the big boys next then? Also nice work on the Lion so far.

Gederas, nice work on the Apothecary, where do you find the time?

So far this month I have made good progress and finished Asura for the Iron Gauntlet as well as the three smaller models for The Good, The Band and the Aeldari. So for the rest of the month my focus will be on the Epic Titan and the plodding along vow, of which the Inquisitor is almost done.

Asura:

gallery_29932_13153_108090.jpg

For the Eldar, as I was going for a animated statue look I tried three different methods so far to see which I like for potently redoing my 6th/7th edition wraith host as. So far I am leaning towards the darker schemes, but I have not yet settled on the energy/ghost/accent colour, so further experimentation to go.

gallery_29932_13461_18292.jpg

gallery_29932_13461_34071.jpg

Edited by Trokair