=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I actually prefer the red scheme to the original one. Makes the teeth + claws really stand out and looks more intimidating!

Yeah, it's growing on me too. :laugh.:

But I'm sticking with my original scheme for the regular troops - it just feels right to make the bigger bugs more hostile looking!

Speaking of bigger bugs:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of November, I pledge to complete Two (2) Tyrant Guard of Hive Fleet Goliandr to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_434124.jpg

I'm on night shifts for the foreseeable future, so I'll need a nice, quiet, early-morning hobby to help me wind down before bed whilst not waking anyone else up early.

Painting with my headphones on ticks all the right boxes - let's see how far I can get with these guys!

That's a really nice Techpriest. :biggrin.:
It's the only AdMech model I've been sorely tempted to get, but I'm putting off new acquisitions until I get through my pile of unpainted stuff.

Speaking of which; Vow Complete!

gallery_46204_9220_84703.jpg

"I've seen the Adeptus Astartes in action, in the siege at Polon Var. I saw one shrug off a volley of fire from a rebel's autocannon, and another cut the arm off of one of their Ogryn with a single strike of their knife. They fought like machines - unwavering, unflinching, virtually indestructible. The perfect soldiers of the Imperium.

I remember wondering what sort of enemy could even provide a challenge to a Space Marine.

Then I saw what those red bugs did to the Astartes when they got close, and now I wonder what could challenge them."

- Memoirs of Major Bartholomew V. Matsuhide, Naxatian 17th Heavy Infantry ~131.M42

- More pics in the spoiler below!

The crab claws on this guy were so fun to paint I kinda wish I'd given them to all my Tyrant Guard.
gallery_46204_9220_63881.jpg
gallery_46204_9220_62362.jpg
This might be the best model I've ever painted, and as a bonus I figured out a decent colour scheme for the Stonebound into the bargain. :laugh.:
gallery_46204_9220_19390.jpg
gallery_46204_9220_65331.jpg
gallery_46204_9220_102259.jpg

Family photo, all my Tyrant Guard together:
gallery_46204_9220_19214.jpg

Painting of the Plaguebearers is done.  I'll base them up with Cypher when he's finished.

WiEb24P.jpg?1

I think I'll also base up the third Plague Drone that I painted about 2 years ago as that will be all my nurgle daemons properly based.

EDIT -

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to finish the base of 1 Plague Drone by months end, for the glory of Nurgle and the Chaos Faction.

YuVyvIY.jpg?1

Edited by Givemead

My acolytes are done - seven more hand flamers, which means I can now put down a brood of 12 if I want to.

acolytes flamers

As usual, I'm cracking on with what will be my December pledge, and here's how they look so far.

metamorphs

The two black ones are the last of the batch I picked up from ebay, and the other four are my last 'on sprue' acolytes (well, mostly metamorphs this time), who are all rounding out existing broods. It means that I only have a squad of neopyhtes and an Iconward left to paint in the new year, and my 'to paint' pile will have disappeared.

@toaae - you call it a quick and low-standard scheme, but as a final piece it looks good to me. And I like the colour combination too.

Edited by Rogue

....I'm done,

gallery_48988_16024_90456.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_16024_108258.jpg

Brother Garland cursed under his breath as he stumbled, again. Regaining his footing, he looked down to his feet, unsurprised to once again see that damn fish. Despite its apparent diminutive size, it had little trouble unsettling the bulk and weight of the Astartes. Brother Garland hated this tower, its walls seemed to shift and move, corralling and separating his squad. And that damn fish. No matter how many times he had shot, stabbed, crushed, eviscerated it, within minutes it was back beneath his feet.

Spying movement in the gloom of the hallway ahead, swiftly raising his pistol, he released a volley, only for it clatter harmlessly against the stonework as he stumbled once more. Releasing a roar of pent up frustration, Garland swooped low, snatching the troublesome daemon by its tail, swinging it full force, multiple times into the wall beside him, then tossing it the length of the hallway to noisily splatter against the distant wall. Perhaps this time it would stay down.

Taking a moment to regain his composure, Brother Garland once more set out to rejoin with his broken squad, within the cursed tower. Having taken no more than five steps, even over the sounds of distant warfare, the now familiar wet slap of the daemon fish’s footsteps began behind him.

EDIT: Just realised some explanation may be necessary. You see, that fish model is "Slop", a Tzeenchan daemon/familiar from Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower, and in-game if he negatively affects movement of the heroes.

Edited by Grotsmasha

The Inexorable Advance continues! :happy.:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of November, I pledge to complete One (1) Seraphim Sister of The Order of the Iron Tower to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_3623.jpg

I got caught up in the zeal of the moment and started painting before I remembered to vow this here. :wallbash:

...Also I see that I forgot to cut a helmet from the sprue.
I have no plans to paint a headless Sister just yet, so I'll have to remedy that! :laugh.:

"Today, as always, The Emperor protects you. But today is different - for today the Enemy comes for you, eager to claw and grasp and steal away your courage, your soul, your place in The Emperor's immortal halls.

But today, as always, The Emperor protects you! Not through divinity alone, but through iron, fire and discipline! Today, He does not simply protect you through immaterial means, but through the Order of the Iron Tower!"

- Canoness Bolara, M41.377

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vow Complete!

After painting giant bugs it sure was nice to get back to something small and simple.
I'd forgotten how much fun the new Sisters were to paint!

gallery_46204_9220_36831.jpg

It had to be Seraphim, of course. As far as I'm concerned, they're THE Sisters of Battle unit, and the first thing I think of when someone says "Adepta Sororitas". It's almost criminal that I didn't start my Order off with the Seraphim, in fact. :laugh.:

Oh, and I remembered to get her a hat.:biggrin.:

More pics below!

gallery_46204_9220_24627.jpg gallery_46204_9220_52447.jpg

Right, I have been way to busy and not kept up with the hobby, but I did at least manage to finish some of my models for this month. Have not even started on the Retributors, maybe I can do something in the coming week but mostly likely it will be next month or even next year.

Crusaders and Cherubs done.

gallery_29932_13153_98552.jpg

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of NOVEMBER vow to complete 3 Sanguinary Guards to the defence of the IMPERIUM by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_1283288.jpg

More rescue/repaint actions. These will take a bit longer to complete as metallics will require at least 3 base layers by brush for a good coverage.

So, I need an opinion here. Ignoring the required touch up, should I stick with the left scheme for my Scarabs and later on Tomb Spyders etc or should I instead go with the more scarab like colour on the right? Whilst I like the blue (not only that its much easier to paint) I think it might stand out too much with the rest of the army. If it helps the army will be based on desert style bases.

gallery_36568_16639_17361.jpg

NOTE: The flash kinda washes out the bone but its the same as on my other necrons:

gallery_36568_16639_39867.jpg gallery_36568_16639_52363.jpg

So, I need an opinion here. Ignoring the required touch up, should I stick with the left scheme for my Scarabs and later on Tomb Spyders etc or should I instead go with the more scarab like colour on the right? Whilst I like the blue (not only that its much easier to paint) I think it might stand out too much with the rest of the army. If it helps the army will be based on desert style bases.

NOTE: The flash kinda washes out the bone but its the same as on my other necrons:

I'd go with the blue exactly by the rule of contrast, to make them pop more. I think they look more sinister in this dark blue hue.

I'd go with the blue exactly by the rule of contrast, to make them pop more. I think they look more sinister in this dark blue hue.

Seconded - especially if you plan to paint the bigger constructs in the same way, it's going to look awesome. :biggrin.:

And of course with them standing out next to the bone-coloured troops, any prospective opponents might find themselves shooting at the wrong target by virtue of imagined threat.

Tactical painting! :laugh.:

Figure I drop an update here since it's been a while.

So my painting has slowed down, but decided to tackle the yearly project of the construction bay. It's a mess since I have to paint this sub-assembly. I might even finish it over the holiday since due to the plague we aren't doing our usual family meetup.

I might add to the bay later as well as I find more gibbins to add to it. But I have the basic stuff for this.

After this I'm going to work on my Ultramarine company in preparation for the new campaign book dropping. So will be vowing some of that in December.

To those of you that have been plugging away these 11 months. I salute you.