=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Why does it have a big stick sticking out of it?

As seems to have become my habit, I've gained a head-start with my current batch of models - here's how they looked originally, and where they're up to coming into December:

metamorphs

metamorphs

(Not the greatest photo, but you get the idea - progress has happened)

And as we're now in December, here's the official pledge for them:

I, Rogue, vow to complete six hybrids (three metamorphs and three acolytes) by the end of December, for the glory of the Xenos faction.

Why does it have a big stick sticking out of it?

Aha, that is my way of making sure I've sprayed every bit of it.  I have been using wooden kebab skewers to pin my models to of late while I paint them, particularly if I'm doing sub-assemblies like I am for the Venomcrawler.  That said the body is a bit big for the skewer so I may have to switch to something else.

December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1x Cerberus Heavy-tank Destroyer to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_111118.jpeg

To do:

• Subsequent coats of red, recess wash, highlight
  • Detail
  • Magnetisation (just weapon mounts left, weapons complete)
  • Assemble and touch up
  • Bonus - if I have time I might go for muzzle burn, but this remains in the maybe category.

Plodding along vow complete. 12 skyweavers. These seemed like a bit of a slog. Mainly as I had to repaint the bikes I think. Not my best diamond work on the riders but they will do

gallery_141590_16070_387543.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_982266.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_141590_16070_90978.jpggallery_141590_16070_133924.jpggallery_141590_16070_384505.jpggallery_141590_16070_242374.jpg

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 solitaire for the masque of the soaring spite to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

Last one! On the home stretch now.

med_gallery_141590_15861_146397.jpg

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 Leman Russ battle tank (no options unfortunately) and a infantry squad to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

l72OdVt.jpg

Starting to get to the end of my second hand purchase. These, another inf squad, 5 scions and 7 converted Crusaders is all that's left of the red-painted army.

I, LameBeard, embark on the 12 months of hobby challenge, and for the month of December pledge these three Alpha Legion (heresy era) marines, for the glory of the Chaos faction.

med_gallery_93054_12142_15075.jpg

They were part of my failed 'Loyalty and Treachery' pledge at the beginning of the year, and have been languishing around since then. Well I finally managed to put a bit of blue shade on them and feel like the pledge might be the momentum they need. I think the bases are already done, if I can find them. I notice now I need to find heads as well. And shoulder pads. And the backpack swords. Suddenly this looks like more of a bits hunt than a painting challenge.

Edited by LameBeard

December vow progress update:

• My Eradicators are basically done, just needing a few little finishing touches to their bases
  • My Mistress of Repentance still hasn't arrived, so fingers crossed I'll be able to work on her as part of my December vow, but if not...
  • ...I've also picked up a Dialogus, as whilst I'll likely never run her on the tabletop, the model is just too pretty to not own

Alright, let's give one final push to this.

I, Focslain, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 2 Primarius Lts, 1 Judicar, 3 Bladeguard Vets, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 3 Intercessors and 1 Impulsor to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

20201206 140806

Edited by Focslain

To contrast last month, I'm probably going to have no time to really paint anything this month. :sweat:

Nevertheless:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of December, I pledge to complete One (1) Seraphim with bolt pistols, of the Order of the Iron Tower, to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_21850.jpg

Now I just need to wait for some free time - hopefully that doesn't take me all month! :laugh.:

EDIT:

Typo expunged!

Edited by Ace Debonair

For the Month of December, I'm going out with a bang! Here is what I vow (most of which is already sort-of complete)

Dark Angels

1. Primaris Interrogator-Chaplain on Bike (done)

2. Primaris Lieutenant Zakariah

3. Azrael (Balthasar proxy)

Grey Knights

1. Paladin Ancient conversion (nearly done)

2. Kaldor Draigo (nearly done)

We are the Hammer!

Edited by Skywrath

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 Druid (Primaris Techmarine) of the Emperor's Spears, 1 Legion Consul-Praevian of the Dark Angels Legion, 1 Legion Siegebreaker of the Dark Angels Legion, 1 Night Lords Master of Executions and 1 member of the perfidious Fallen (Exalted Champion) to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end:
F7uOTXN.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Ok, finished my vow over the weekend. Just wanted to get them to battle ready standard.

3 Intercessors to fill out my Ultramarine units (light was not friendly)

20201213 111915

3 Bladeguard, Primarius Lt, Bladeguard Ancient, Judicar

20201213 112011

their ride, an Impulsor which I did a little of the inside.

20201213 111747

20201213 111814

This were of a White Scar successor chapter called the Crimson Jackels. Not my design, originally by a WSC_Miniatures on Facebook.

Finally the second Primarus Lt, this time for the Rampagers which I'll be doing my second Indomintus set in.

20201213 114339

Next up I vow to complete a squad of Outriders for my Ultramarines by the endo of the month for the Imperials.

20201213 111102

gallery_46204_9220_628.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"You fought bravely."

"I... I tried, ma'am. There were too many of them..." The soldier groaned. He sat slumped against the splintered barricade, one hand gripping his laspistol, the other gamely trying to stop the blood from pouring out of the nasty wound in his stomach. Scattered around him were six dead cultists, armed with sharpened churchyard railing spikes.

"I-I counted ten more... maybe eleven... got past me..." the soldier gasped. Sister Amaralis knelt before him, a comforting hand on the man's shoulder, a gentle smile breaking across her normally stern features.

"You did The Emperor's Work this day, soldier..."

"Bartallus, ma'am. Omari Bartallus."

"Soldier Bartallus. Can you stand?"

"Not sure I can, ma'am. Those scum got my leg with a mace, I-I can't move it."

"Then I need you to wait here, and stay alive. My sisters are on the way, and I'll need you to point them after me."

"They got me badly, ma'am," Omari winced as he shifted his weight. "Not sure I can..."

Amaralis tried to ignore the blood dripping in a steady trickle from the soldier's stomach wound as she replied, urgently.

"Be still. Focus on your duty, soldier. Stay alive. My sisters will see to your wound. They'll be here soon," she added, glancing up at the distant sound of gunfire. Sister Amaralis plucked her helmet from the ground and put it on in a single, swift movement.

"As for the heretics, leave them to me." Her jump pack's engines began to thrum back to life. "They can't run far or fast enough to escape the Seraphim."

Her jump pack thrummed into life once more, and Sister Amaralis leapt into the sky, vengeance made manifest on wings of iron.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vow complete! :biggrin.:

I actually finished this Sister a few days ago, I just haven't had chance to take any pictures. :sweat:

Speaking of which, more pictures in the spoiler below:

Back view:

gallery_46204_9220_56861.jpg

Group shot! (Alright, two models is hardly a proper group, but that's what I've got so far):

gallery_46204_9220_103685.jpg