=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

For the month of December, im vowing a grot rigger (hes destined to ride on a big mek on bikes bike, so no base for him) for the xenos faction.

https://flic.kr/p/2khCpPb

Id vow something bigger-- but have a lot of projects going on in the background including getting my office setup ready to start hobby streaming!

Edited by The_Chaplain

I'm drawing close on the first stage of integrating the army I traded with a friend into my Iron Warriors. Those 9 Tactical Marines are the last in MKIII plate that are still not fully painted. I vow to finish them by end of December, for the glory of the Xenos.

BL4PQPK.jpg

Partial December vow completion. I'm cracking on with some Sisters of Battle in between getting distracted by Cyberpunk 2077, so should have another two models up soon to round out 12mths of the "Seriously" badge :D

NvZ43SI.jpg

Grotsmasha
This post was recognized by Grotsmasha!

Focslain was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2020 Completed'

One squad of Outriders battle ready and done.

20201217 203044

Might add more later, but need to see how my work schedule is going to pan out.

Well brothers, I'm not going to get to paint anything else this year. :sad.:

On the other hand, I had a look back through the thread and thought it'd be fun to have a 'family photo' of everything I've painted for the Twelve Months of Hobby Challenge 2020 (plus the one plague marine I painted last year, because I felt bad leaving him out :sweat:).

The end result of the Year of the Inexorable Advance:

gallery_46204_9220_141352.jpg

I think I need a bigger table - I cant' believe I painted all of these in a single year! :woot:

That's sixty-five (65) models if my maths is right. Sixty Five! It normally takes me a full year to paint a squad.:eek:

Also I'm not sure how I wound up joining team Chaos and then starting no fewer than three xenos factions this year.:blink.:

Hobby Butterfly Syndrome strikes again, I suppose.

More pics in the spoilers below:

Hive Fleet Goliandr: 3 Warriors in the background, 3 Tyrant Guard, and the claws/bases of 10 Hormagaunts.
gallery_46204_9220_247784.jpg
The [ERROR: Dynasty_Name Still Not Found]: 3 Scarabs, 10 Warriors.
gallery_46204_9220_315772.jpg
The Hollow Knights: 10 Plague Marines (plus my test run guy from last year).
gallery_46204_9220_230360.jpg
The Order of the Iron Tower: 10 Battle Sisters, 2 Seraphim and a Canoness.
gallery_46204_9220_206056.jpg
And the Ghostwalker Colony Defence Force: 3 Crisis Suits, 10 Fire Warriors.
gallery_46204_9220_53845.jpg

Massive thanks to the inestimable Grotsmasha for running this event - it's clearly worked wonders for my painting speed and motivation!

And on that note, thanks to everyone else who's taken part this year - you've all built and painted some beautiful stuff in the last twelve months, and you've all made this thread an endless source of inspiration. :happy.:

That's a really great achievement Ace! Be proud!

Christmas Sanguinala is approaching fast and my free time is shrinking exponentially, but I'm still chipping at my vow and hope to complete at least some part of it. It didn't help that I decided to give my Captain some really special NMM-treatment (gosh.... it's so slow work!).
But, I'm really happy and proud to show the final result:

med_gallery_105306_14251_149968.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_599150.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_456079.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_15321.jpg
More pictures in my WIP thread if someone is interested, Cheers!

Despite the lack of time recently I will attempt to complete the set and do this last month. Not sure what model yet, but I have few candidates in mind for the Boxing Day Bash.

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete at least one model by year’s end.

Starting picture to come.

Ace Debonair, nice family shots. Do they all get along?

SufficientAnonymity, Nice use of the Grey Knight Terminator Heads, also where are the candles on the Sergeant from?   

Grotsmasha, The Lion is finished!! Nicely done.

November Summary still not up?

Just an update, I'm more or less completely disregarding my previous vow for this month, in favour of some Custodes painted. So far I've done:

Vexilla Praetor

Primaris Chaplain on Bike

Paladin Ancient conversion

Furthermore I intend to add a 3m Aquillon Terminator Squad to that pile, and a 4m guardian squad (tentatively). 

Brother Tyler
This post was recognized by Brother Tyler!

Grotsmasha was awarded the badge '12 Months of Hobby 2020 Completed'

My December Completion, and my Boxing Day Bash Completion,

I, Grotsmasha, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base 1 Terminator Chaplain for the honour of the Dark Angels Forum within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_48988_11572_142679.jpg

And done,

gallery_48988_11572_201465.jpg

Okay so before I head to bed I just dropped this in the Boxing Day Bash and will make it part one of my December vow for this:

I, Brother Argent, accept the Boxing Day Bash Challenge and vow to complete Sister Arydia of the Order of the Martyr Redeemed for the glory of the Liber.

gallery_36568_16061_89817.jpg

Edited by Brother Argent

My Boxing Day Challenge vow -

Hello everyone,

That's a great start Grotsmasha!

I, Givemead, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base 1 Warpsmith for the honour of the Heretic Astartes Forum within the 24hrs time limit.

BswJagY.jpg?1

No Boxing Day Bash from me, as the projects I'm working on are all a bit too big, or too detailed to bang out in a day, but I've made lots of progress with my Tariana Palos > Imagifier conversion - all shades and contrast are now on, and layering and detailing will commence tomorrow.

Still on target to complete my December vows - should be able to get some nice photos of my three new Sisters characters before we hit 2021.