=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Plodding Along

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the Plodding Along pledge to complete 1x Cerberus to the defence of the Imperial Faction by year's end.

gallery_62972_9848_519491.jpg

To do:
~ Complete magnetisation of sponsons and pintle weaponry
~ Shading, highlights, detail, etc

Alright, finding some free time now, and figured out how to get the new phone to save images in sizes I can upload, so here we go. I, Sabadin , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January vow to finish 1 Brother Garus for the Adeptus Astartes faction, and vow a slowburn of 1 Noise Marine to showcase standards.

gallery_48561_7422_639891.jpg

gallery_48561_7422_421786.jpg

Edited by Sabadin

This month's vow has taken on a bit of a life of its own. What started out as a plan to do base edges and clump foliage on everyone in the top drawer of my desk has turned into a drive to get my army from battle- to parade-ready standard. Every squad is now getting the following (so much so that I've had to start a page in OneNote to keep track of it all, as I kept thinking of more improvements and work got desynchronised between squads):

• Base edges
  • Clump foliage
  • Ruins and/or razor wire
  • Screen and lens improvements
  • Face highlights
  • Parchment shading
  • Tilting plate freehanding
  • Squad numerals
  • Neaten shoulder pad insignia

Oh well. I'm making decent progress, with 23 models left to do basing upgrades for (the original vow). Ideally though, I'd like to do the detail pass on them, plus a further 20 that have received base upgrades already, by the end of the month.

Dark clouds gathered in midnight skies, and with them, the storm built, then broke, rain pouring down upon the barren plains below. Lightning flashed and thunder followed, rumbling across the land. And in the midst of the storm, a surge of ice-blue light flashed beneath a rocky cliff face, a harsh crack echoing faintly amidst the deluge.

A figure emerged from the light, a faint smile lingering on twisted and worn lips, before suddenly grimacing. The storm, while useful to obscure his arrival, lashed fiercely at the warped flesh that had broken free of the ancient, twisted armour he was bound to. Resolving to move as quickly as possible, he began his ponderous march to the coordinates where the Gate was located, determined both to ensure the safe passage of his Lord's forces, and to escape from the torrential downpour of rain stinging at his back.

12 Months   Vow 2 - 1

12 Months   Vow 2 - 2

12 Months   Vow 2 - 3

(Complete!)

...Resolving to move as quickly as possible, he began his ponderous march to the coordinates where the Gate was located, determined both to ensure the safe passage of his Lord's forces, and to escape from the torrential downpour of rain stinging at his back.

The idea of an Obliterator being annoyed with his back getting wet is hilariously lovely! :woot: :thumbsup:

Further to yesterday's post, the 20 models that had received the base upgrades but not the rest of the detailing pass are now complete. This now leaves 23 models of the initial vow that need bringing from battle-ready to parade-ready.

This should be possible by month's end, given I've already sorted out 68.

My main goal for the coming year is on the new Sister of Battle and finishing my Space Wolfs, as such I guess I am Imperial for this event.

Grotsmacha, as the Imperial participants currently outnumber the rest if you want to assign me to one of the others for balance feel free.

Any way I see that a lot has already happened as we are on page 7 and the year is only two weeks old so far. I will have a look at what everybody has done so far in a little while.

I, Trokair , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Jannuary pledge to complete 2 Van Saar (Skitarii conversion) Gangers and at least one Missionary/Preacher by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_33102.jpg

I have also pledged the below for Loyalty & Treachery V but I know I won’t get to these for a while, so I will pledge them here in a later month.

gallery_29932_12734_66180.jpg

Edited by Trokair

Test mini for scheme is done. Well, still needs varnish and deciding on the basing scheme, but I'm fairly happy with this guy - I was aiming for something that looked like he'd give you tetanus from just being in the same room.

http://i.imgur.com/YQFe0dvl.jpg

I think I might go for a dank swamp base, but a bit worried that's a bit too 'standard' for Death Guard.

Edited by Arkhanist

Maybe give him a more standard "grassy" type base, with the area behind him being all dark and goey like everywhere he steps he brings decay?

Oh, and his paint job is excellent - I particularly like his lighter armour - brings out the differences in colours and shades in the rest of the model.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Test mini for scheme is done. Well, still needs varnish and deciding on the basing scheme, but I'm fairly happy with this guy - I was aiming for something that looked like he'd give you tetanus from just being in the same room.

I think I might go for a dank swamp base, but a bit worried that's a bit too 'standard' for Death Guard.

I also really like the pale and rather cool colour of the armor. Brings to mind the original colour scheme of the Heresy era DG. Good job!

EDIT: My second SG has been completed.

med_gallery_105306_14251_484205.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_102873.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Well since I kind of have to have these done by the end of the month anyway...

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 3 battlesuits and 4 drones to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

edit: Picts

Vf1wip2

Drones are in the bags.

Edited by Focslain

It was a rare moment of calm between engagements and Mandos cherished them as much as he could. Working on his armor and blade allowed him to push the gene-encoded rage and fury back to the adamantine cage of his will. As strong as it was, he sometimes wondered if it may not be strong enough. He was bred for combat and he excelled in it. His fury was his gift from Sanguinius. A powerful tool but a dangerous one.

He was glad of his taciturn brother's presence. Brotherhood helped.

He raised a head at the rustle of his brothers feathers to see a rare smile playing on his uncovered features.

- More will come.

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge for the third time to complete 2 Sanguinary Guards to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_455438.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Original January vow complete - the last 23 models have had their bases sorted out. Photos to follow once I finish off the other details on them (10 models done, 13 to go), as I've kinda updated my vow from "rebase everything" to "detail everything".

For my next trick, I'll vow the Contemptor-Mortis I'm doing from Loyalty & Treachery:

I, Gederas, Vow, by the Glory of the Emperor, to complete Perturabo, Primarch of the Iron Warriors, one Siege Breaker, one Contemptor-Mortis with Dual Kheres Assault Cannons, and three separate Legion Vindicators, for the Loyalist effort for The Moral High Ground in Loyalty & Treachery V.

FKx2co5.jpg

It's in the bottom left box

January vow complete - painted base edges, clump foliage, and loads of extra detail besides. Non-potato photos to follow once the detailing pass is completed (probably the end of February or March).

aVt4wGd.jpgXHpDgIo.jpg

I assume I have to wait until February to vow doing fancy bases for these guys?

DBUrRD3.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Going to jump in on the Xenos faction since my main project this year will be getting my Dark Eldar painted up, but I got a bunch of marines over the holidays so I can start with some targets for their raid

I, Zujara embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 5x Primaris Infiltrators to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

gallery_47372_16083_72794.jpg

January vow complete - painted base edges, clump foliage, and loads of extra detail besides. Non-potato photos to follow once the detailing pass is completed (probably the end of February or March).

aVt4wGd.jpgXHpDgIo.jpg

I assume I have to wait until February to vow doing fancy bases for these guys?

DBUrRD3.jpg

Nope, jump on in with a second pledge :tu:

Could we get a close up of one of the finished bases? They're a little hard to make out with the current pics

Going to jump in on the Xenos faction since my main project this year will be getting my Dark Eldar painted up, but I got a bunch of marines over the holidays so I can start with some targets for their raid

I, Zujara embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 5x Primaris Infiltrators to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

gallery_47372_16083_72794.jpg

Welcome to the Challenge, looking forward to seeing the Dark Eldar particularly :tu:

Nope, jump on in with a second pledge :thumbsup:

Could we get a close up of one of the finished bases? They're a little hard to make out with the current pics

I'm not going to go through and do closeups of everything with one of my nice cameras until the full detailing pass is complete (setting things up for that is a bit of a faff), but here's a closeup of one of my Phobos Lieutenant for an example of what they look like.

zMCptRB.jpg

It might be a little bit late to vow my Inceptors - they're nearly done.

JeaeLYP.jpg