=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Llagos_Tyrant, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the Plodding Along Vow, pledge to complete 1x Defiler to the defence of the Chaos Faction by year's end.

It might not seem like a big task for some, but it's going to be the biggest and most complicated model I'll have ever put together. Plus it's been sitting in my cupboard intimidating me for over a year now. I'll add pictures of the sprue soon.

January vow complete - painted base edges, clump foliage, and loads of extra detail besides. Non-potato photos to follow once the detailing pass is completed (probably the end of February or March).

As promised (and somewhat ahead of schedule thanks to me still being unemployed), fancy photos of my January vow

5HyjYbL.jpg

eRr1lPL.jpg

PH8Wz7m.jpg

That's just a taster - the full album is here and in my WIP thread, and alternate angles/further detail/etc will be going up on my Instagram over the coming weeks.

Finished my January vow of 3 fiends.

aySP1ih.jpg

And individually:

b7IOGSM.jpg

mPbMj0A.jpg

POZUsdl.jpg

Sure glad to have them done.  Did the pale one last, and it really didn't look very good until almost at the end, when I got the wash done.  That, and the pale skin made it hard to see where I needed to touch up the gold, making it so that the only time I noticed is when I was painting some detail, and then I struggled to find it the mistake again when I was done.

Also got some work done on my plodding along while I was waiting for the sand glued to the bases to dry.

Think I have enough time to get a "Seriously"  and make a second vow for January of 3 cultists.

KmCzCHc.jpg

I, Mandaloriano, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 1 Death Guard Legion Champion with power scythe and plasma pistol by month's end.

This is my humble beginning and I hope in the coming months to increase the monthly amount painted.

49420857333_9c34821eda_w.jpg

Third vow completed:
med_gallery_105306_14251_955903.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_385820.jpg

Which brings me to a full squad completed :)
And for my consolidation move after this obvious success:

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge for the fourth time to complete 1 Inquisitor to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.
med_gallery_105306_14251_117797.jpg

Sorry no story this time. I may write some fluff when I complete him.

--== Message Incoming ==--
++ Clearance Code: ADR-03-4 NI VXM ++

My most noble Lord Inquisitor; I regretfully bring dire tidings.

Our fears are confirmed - the recent cultist uprising on Ghatarvia was merely part of a larger ploy. Through the manipulation of dark powers and fell rituals, the Chaos Warband known as the
Hollow Knights have sent part of their force far afield, aboard their dread Strike Cruiser, the Hollowheart.

Where they have gone, we can only speculate. I do not know what course of action is wisest at this time, and so defer to your instruction, beneficent Inquisitor.

The only certainty is this; wherever the Hollow Knights have gone, death and ruin will follow them.

I will pray to The Emperor that the worst is not yet to come.

Your loyal servant,
Marcanas

++ Message Concludes ++
--==--== ==--==--

I could use some motivation for getting my Plague Marines painted.
Throne knows I spent enough money on them, I have no right to just leave them as grey plastic for this long. :dry.:

So with that said:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of January, I pledge to complete 1 (One) Plague Marine to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_163047.jpg

[Please excuse the low-quality picture. I'll break out the better camera once he's finished!]

He's been sat like this for almost two months - my test model for the Hollow Knights went gloriously, but then my momentum kind of fell flat with all the work December threw at me. :sweat:

But no more!

Once this guy's done, I'll only have... fifteen more Plague Marines to paint. :ermm:
That is actually kind of a lot, by my standards - I may have my work cut out for me.

But what's life without a little challenge, eh? :biggrin.:

Those Fiends look great :thumbsup:

Thanks!  Your little titan looks great too.

I'm out of likes for Today, but I second that Fiends came out fiendishly-well. I especially like the eyes on the middle-one's claws and it's red hair. Also the pink is very appropriately disturbing. 

Even without a like, thanks for the feedback!  I too am happy that turning the claw gems into eyes worked as well as it did.  The "disturbing pink" (otherwise referred to as "hot pink" :) ) is the unifying colour of my army (you can see the rest in this thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356094-kadeths-handmaidens-dr-ruminahuis-slanneshi-host/?p=5317670) and is GW's Emperor's Children pink washed with a florescent purple airbrush paint (from Createx).  The bright hair was also a necessity - that's how I differentiate my squads. :)

Third vow completed:

Which brings me to a full squad completed :smile.:

And for my consolidation move after this obvious success:

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JANUARY pledge for the fourth time to complete 1 Inquisitor to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

Majkhel, your sanguinary guard is beautiful - especially like the red power sword.

As for your inquisitor, he must have serious augmentics to be able to hold the stormbolter out like that. :)  What's the base model?

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of January, I pledge to complete 1 (One) Plague Marine to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

Good to see more chaos allies join the fray - good luck with your plague marine!

Majkhel, your sanguinary guard is beautiful - especially like the red power sword.

As for your inquisitor, he must have serious augmentics to be able to hold the stormbolter out like that. :smile.: What's the base model?

Thank you also for kind words! :smile.:

Red power sword came to me because of the their name: Encarmine sword. Instinct told me I should undrstand this as sword "encarmined" or "turned red/carmine". Later I actually found this to be a true meaning derived from Latin (and possibly French?). So I decided that the power field of the sword would be red and the best color to complement that was a very dark brown-violet color - as the one you get by adding red to black. So the base color was black with a hint of Mephiston Red and later two red washes. After the first wash, I would paint the power field lighnings and blade edges. Last step would be just touches of almost pure white to accentuate the most sharp edges.

The inquisitor is a Delaria Inquisitor from Hexy MIniatures. It is actually quite big, as it's a 32mm scale. Still he is slim and smaller than a Primaris Marine so should not look too odd on the tabletop.

med_gallery_105306_14251_76009.jpg

Judging by his height only, definitely some bio-enhancements were applied to him :smile.: Which is not uncommon among the Inquisition. And with increased height, definitely some bone and muscle strengthening was required as well. Will this be enough for a Storm Bolter? We'll see during the upcoming battles :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

IT IS DONE!
Vow number 1 is complete!
Having a half-painted mini can be a real boon sometimes. :laugh.:
But it wouldn't be one of my posts if I didn't add more in-universe blurb, so here we go...

++-- Message Incoming --++
==--==--==--==--==--==--==
Clearance Code: XR17-1-OFR-8-001
==--==--==--==--==--==--==
Decoding:
=

Situation Report: Obsidian Wolf
Reporting Officer: Corporal Cassiria Fletcher

Our allies in the 14th Regiment failed to make contact at the prescribed time of =][=REDACTED=][=, so we sent a squad to investigate their position.

What we found was total slaughter. Heretic Space Marines had descended on their encampment, and killed everyone inside. All sixty-five men had been cut down before they could even radio for help.

More horrifying still, the heretics appeared to be eating the dead.

It's hard to describe what I saw. They were eating human corpses, ravenously.

Some amongst these Space Marines were missing limbs, and as they ate more, their lost limbs grew back.

Some of them grew back.... wrong. Tentacles, or claws, or other, hideous mutations.
Sergeant Gessir is currently unable to make a proper report - seeing those vile creatures has shaken him, badly.

I don't really know what we're dealing with, sir. But whatever they are, they're not entirely human.

Enclosed is a pict-capture that soldier Farancos took, detailing the armour of these vile heretics, in case the information sheds any light on their identity.

gallery_46204_9220_72641.jpg

I hope this news reaches you in time, before more of these monsters show up here.

- Corporal Cassiria Fletcher, Dexidian 2nd Regiment

More pics in the spoiler tag:

gallery_46204_9220_48417.jpg

A better look at dat axe (really happy with how the Plague Cleaver turned out)
gallery_46204_9220_88152.jpg

And a cheeky bonus pic featuring my original test mini:

gallery_46204_9220_4093.jpg

Good to see more chaos allies join the fray - good luck with your plague marine!

I can't let the good guys have all the fun, brother. :biggrin.:

The Gods will have their due from this world, one way or another!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Ok guys the Back to Badab: A Community Kill Team Project event has been announced, and participation in that event can earn you additional campaign Command Points.

You will earn 1CP for each individual Kill Team member you submit (up to a MAXIMUM of a 100 point Kill Team), each team member MUST be accompanied by a short fluff blurb, about either their personality, history, or squad role.

Finally I found a model I want to finish that I can pledge to this event!

It's one of my grey knights, a Paladin or maybe a Knight Captatin:

P 20200123 222214

I'll try to finish it and most importantly base it. I haven't based anything in years so it will be fun.

Now, as per protocol:

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete for the Imperium 1 Grey Knight Paladin with twin falchions by month's end.

That's it right?

PS: Question: how do I add images to my signature? Like the little badge for taking part in this? I earned a badge from the latest ETL and I can't even show it... :blush.: 

Edited by Wakkomaster

Finally I found a model I want to finish that I can pledge to this event!

It's one of my grey knights, a Paladin or maybe a Knight Captatin:

I'll try to finish it and most importantly base it. I haven't based anything in years so it will be fun.

Now, as per protocol:

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete for the Imperium 1 Grey Knight Paladin with twin falchions by month's end.

That's it right?

PS: Question: how do I add images to my signature? Like the little badge for taking part in this? I earned a badge from the latest ETL and I can't even show it... :blush.: 

Hey bud, welcome to the challenge :tu:

To add pics into your sig, click on your Name top Right of screen, then select My Settings. From there select Signature, and add pics as per normal, you can even turn the image into a link by selecting it and clicking the Link button.