Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Potential 2k GT list

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Blood Angels
Hello friends, I bring yet another brigade. Let me know what you think! It's only a 1/3rd painted and based but I have some time off to blitz paint.

Key units: big Sang Guard unit that's buffed by warlord ancient with 5+++. He'll take gift of foresight to add reroll 1's on fnp to himself. The goal is to have the power fists get +1 to hit from Astorath, get buffed with unleash rage and the sanguinor and literally punch their way through anything wounding anything without transhuman on 2+, everything else is meant to score board control objectives. lemme know what you think!

+++ Sanguinary shenanigans (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

Armoury of Baal: Additional Relics of Baal

Battle-forged CP

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Astorath: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 4. Mantra of Strength, 6. Canticle of Hate, Invocation of Destruction, Litanies of Hate

Captain: Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Chief Librarian Mephiston (Primaris)

Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Icon of The Angel, Jump Pack

The Sanguinor

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad
Scout: Combat knife
Scout Sergeant: Astartes shotgun, Chainsword

Scout Squad

Scout Squad

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword, Standard of Sacrifice, Warlord

Sanguinary Guard: Death mask
Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist

Sanguinary Guard
Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeders
Land Speeder: Heavy bolter

Suppressor Squad
2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute
Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

Suppressor Squad

+ Heavy Support +

Whirlwind: Whirlwind vengeance launcher

++ Total: [138 PL, 14CP, 1,999pts] ++

Edited by Neuralshock, 26 December 2019 - 06:52 PM.

• Drunken Angel likes this

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
This list lacks redundancy in buffs for the largest portion of your army.

If also lacks screens for your highest damage units which will likely be deep striking. Let's not forget stratagems like auspex scan and phobos cpts and lts with their deep strike denial

I also don't see much value of supressors especially 2 units. Out the gate they hit on 4+ and suck in HTH.

I'd shave off some sword SGs and make it one unit of 10. Use those points and the points from the supressors and land speeder-355 total

Try out
5 death company- jump packs, 2 hammers, 3 chainsword and pistols

5 vanguard vets- jump packs, 1 sgt-hammer/shield and 4 with chainsword and pistols

Phobos Captain

Also trade 1 whirlwind for an Eliminator squad and 1 whirlwind for a thunderfire cannon.

The whirlwinds are easily bracketed by most competitive lists on first turn ....2d3 @4+ hit and 3+ wound on a large portion of enemy units. That's possibly 1 or 2 wounding hits..

Dont sleep on that Phobos captain. He has access to some of the best warlord traits. 4+invulnerable, he can target characters, camo cloak..give him quake bolts. I've used him to straight slap down titans and big nasty characters...that extra +1 to hit is amazing.
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right about the hobo cap, he has great utility! unfortunately for this list being restricted to only 3 relics there's no room for quake bolts as reroll charges is way too good. Also I think having the Ancient as the warlord makes the mini death star work and hero of the chapter 100% goes on the smash captain.

I also disagree about the suppressors (and downgrading to a 2x battalion and Vanguard) I've seen that they have some play. With 48 range all that's required is decent deployment strategies against most targets. their primary job is to be fire support, if they pluck a centurion off the board (very doable with 12 -2AP shots) that'll stop a whole mess of overwatch and I'll consider them paid in full. If you're dropping them into CQC, wwwwhat are you doing?

as far as the MSU DC and VV, that'll make picking marked for death very simple as a secondary. As the list stands, it's not the easiest to pick secondaries against.

I've tried 2x elim squads and found them wanting. They don't have the quantity of shots to make that much of an impact in a BA list IMO. Also, if my opponent really wants to shoot my whirlwinds I'm all but happy for them to do so. They're mostly there to pick off 5 man msu squads rather than the lynchpin of my list. They can hold an objective out in the open better than intercessors. Also, BA doesn't have access to TFC's or tremor shells.

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
You're right about the thunderfire cannon. My brain half asleep and half in salamanders mode when I was writing that.
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,792 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades
The biggest change I would make is flip your weapons. Half swords half fists on both squads.

I play MSU DC and even though that is a PL 9 squad each I have so much that forces target priority I think I'm okay.

You're better off with the golden bricks because you don't have as much target saturation which isn't a bad thing.

I think whirlwinds are a great asset to the army and with most tournaments there's enough terrain to hide 1 or two of them. I usually stereotype mine with a little castle surrounded by smash turn 1 and UWoF him later.

It's a decent list. I think your hardest targets are going to be leviathans/T8.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgxpyOWpw.jpggallery_62972_14467_9083.jpg

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

The biggest change I would make is flip your weapons. Half swords half fists on both squads.

I play MSU DC and even though that is a PL 9 squad each I have so much that forces target priority I think I'm okay.

You're better off with the golden bricks because you don't have as much target saturation which isn't a bad thing.

I think whirlwinds are a great asset to the army and with most tournaments there's enough terrain to hide 1 or two of them. I usually stereotype mine with a little castle surrounded by smash turn 1 and UWoF him later.

It's a decent list. I think your hardest targets are going to be leviathans/T8.

There's merit to spreading the special weapon love, but I think it would dilute the effect of the buffs too much, especially death on the wind or the mass of doom. While I don't doubt the effectivness of MSU dc squads, I think it makes auto-taking marked for death against the list too easy and an easy 4 points to pick up.

combo'd with transhuman phys and the Standard makes them bananas level durable, it actually tilted my death guard friend pretty badly the other day (the irony considering he runs 2 bricks of blightlords on the regular)

the whirlwinds have been doing just fine in that they're just there, not an overly good target, doesn't give secondaries easily, but still annoying. They also give some kind of ranged presence that can touch all parts of the board.

I actually welcome those levies and other T8 shenanigans, with the priest I'll still be punching on twos rerolling. If it's a double storm cannon levi just touching the blasted thing and wrapping it saves you the problem of it shooting. With enough punches you'll slam right through duty eternal I think.

muda muda

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

Here's the new list after a few adjustments and an rtt under my belt:
+++ Sanguinary shenanigans (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

Armoury of Baal: 2 Additional Relics

Battle-forged CP

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Astorath: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 4. Mantra of Strength, 6. Canticle of Hate, Invocation of Destruction, Litanies of Hate

Captain: 2. Artisan of War, Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Chief Librarian Mephiston (Primaris): 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus

Sanguinary Priest: Bolt pistol, Icon of The Angel, Jump Pack

The Sanguinor

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad

Scout Squad

Scout Squad

+ Elites +

Death Company: Jump Pack
Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Chainsword
Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Power fist
Death Company Marine: Boltgun, Power fist

Sanguinary Ancient: 5. Gift of Foresight, Angelus boltgun, Death mask, Encarmine sword, Standard of Sacrifice, Warlord

Sanguinary Guard

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeders
Land Speeder: Heavy bolter

Suppressor Squad

Suppressor Squad

+ Heavy Support +

++ Total: [133 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

After a few test games I wasn't too impressed with the squad of 6 sang guard with swords. They didn't do much and we're pretty redundant and they didn't fit a role like the 8x powerfist squad did. Replacing them with a 9x DC squad gives me a glass cannon, but one that I can have as a multitool. Just two guys fully buffed gets out 14(!) Powerfist attacks. The suppressors and Whirlwinds are a bit of a sleeper hit too, on the first turn and with adequate positioning that whole backline can kill MSU squads or focus down single T7 and less chunky things and they don't give up secondaries. As a matter of fact the list as a whole doesn't give up too many obvious secondaries. Now to paint 30 ish models.

Edited by Neuralshock, 04 January 2020 - 01:11 PM.

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts
Ended up going 3-2 over the weekend! My 2nd only GT and it was a blast. Went on the first day I was 2-0 going into the third and then was paired with Alex Fennel for my third. Played on stream and managed to hold my own! The only thing that swung the game was when I thought I had his dev cents wrapped with my DC but he was able to slip through with microns to spare. loads of fun anyways and I was happy I was able to keep focused under pressure but man did my head hurt afterwards.

BrotherAetherick

BrotherAetherick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

Nicely done. Do you happen to know where the game was streamed?

Any stand out units or things you would change with the list?

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

Nicely done. Do you happen to know where the game was streamed?

Any stand out units or things you would change with the list?

I've been trying to find out but to no avail. I'll post when I find out though!

My "stand out" units didn't do much standing out at all, and that was the suppressors and whirlwinds! They weren't a high priority threat that they got nuked and they did some things for me every turn. They had long range and most times I didn't even have to move them. They held objectives and did damage here and there, and that's all they needed to do! as for hammers, the Sang guard combo did very well and was highly mobile and resilient, although reliant on the 5+++ to keep them around. also, chainswords with a sang priest are silly! my 2 DC dudes with fists were often pumping out 12/14 attacks! and str 5 chainswords at -1 was silly considering I was throwing out 50 attacks and wounding on 4+ rerolling 1's. All in all I think I'll be dropping The Sanguinor even though he's great I find that the benefit he brings is minor in the long run. most times I was over killing my targets by a wide margin with the +1 attack and Alex fennel even ran calculations to see that transhuman didn't even matter (I knew this and kind of wanted him to blow 2 cp!)

I'm actually thinking of taking a Terminator Inquisitor for the no overwatch and the 5++ psychic powers and putting that through the ringer, but I love this list and how it plays, it's very challenging but it has so much flexibility.

BrotherAetherick

BrotherAetherick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

You should consider Lord Hector Rex (forgeworld cheese) if you want a deepstriking inquisitor. 100 points (since Storm shield doesn't appear in CA2019 inquisition) gives you +1 cast + 2 denies over a terminator inquisitor, and you get a 3++ and a psychic hood. The tradeoff is 1 less wound and attack, and you don't get a relic if you use inquisitorial mandate.

I was debating if Sanguinor was win more and looks like your experience confirms it.

How were your incursors? 

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

You should consider Lord Hector Rex (forgeworld cheese) if you want a deepstriking inquisitor. 100 points (since Storm shield doesn't appear in CA2019 inquisition) gives you +1 cast + 2 denies over a terminator inquisitor, and you get a 3++ and a psychic hood. The tradeoff is 1 less wound and attack, and you don't get a relic if you use inquisitorial mandate.

I was debating if Sanguinor was win more and looks like your experience confirms it.

How were your incursors?

Oh wow, that's hilariously busted considering you give him the psychic mastery WL trait to cast no overwatch, 5++, and rip a CP from a character, AND 4 deny's lol. I'm sold!

Incursors were good! They were early pressure units and they helped to hound people in. Last longer than scouts by miles

BrotherAetherick

BrotherAetherick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

Yea. I've started despising the squishiness of scouts in the era of thunderfire cannons.

What were your other matchups? 

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 294 posts

My first game was against waveserpent eldar, but he played too cagey and I gave him first turn. Scored kill more hold mores for the first 3 turns and maxed my seconaries pretty easily. I even timed out and still won. next game was against pure knights with no screen, on pointy DoW, with me going first... he was not excited. My smash captain faceplanted and mephistion got punked because I erroneously charged him into a knight as well. it was tight going but my sanguinary guard coming down and made short work of them after a few turns. Then Fennel and the RG successors, Necrons next, but I had first turn against 3x croissants and he deployed on the backline of pointy longboard, smash cap failed the charge and I took 18 mortal wounds from the croissant deathray (will need to learn to screen out that later). I eventually lost as my dice turned sour with failed charges and poor positioning on my part. My last game was against 3x knights and an okay guard detachment. got first turn and Tomahawk slammed dunked on his castellan at which point he scooped, which was awkward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users