Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Year Long Crusade. My Restart on my Black Templar collection

black templar

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MarshallRigaud

MarshallRigaud

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

So, at the beginning of 8th edition I decided it was time to get out my Templar models and give them a revamp. I had started this army back in 3rd edition and collected and played it over the years with taking a few breaks here and there to pursue other hobbies.  This is a collection of photos that I decided to finally take with some Christmas 2019 gifts that my wife and parents gifted me, a new Lightbox and a Macromat system. Please enjoy these, as its been a long process to update to this new paint scheme, and im very proud of where the army has come to.  There is much work to be done with this, as its only a small set of miniatures in the vast collection that is my Black Templar army, and I will add new photos as squads get finished. 

And now for the Photos!

Jump Captain
Primaris Lt
Gravis Captain
Gravis Captain Side
Gravis Captain Rear
Terminator Chaplain
Captain
Emperors Champion

Squad Section

Intersessors
Intersessors
Infiltrators
Vanguard
Devastators
Inceptors
Sword Brethren
Eliminators

Vehicles

Sicarian
Sicarian
Leviathan 2
Deredeo
Drop Pod
Leviathan
Contemptor

Land Speeders

Group Shots

Command Staff
Dreadnoughts
Drop Pods

WIP
Helbricht WIP

• Black Blow Fly, jeremy1391, Grotsmasha and 5 others like this

gallery_45765_12339_13106.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, SoBs
Well done, what an awesome post to start a thread with.

Kyliadan

Kyliadan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

I really like the muted, clean feel of your painting !

04:00: Morning Prayer: Neophytes are berated for their perceived failings by their responsible Initiates, who are in turn berated by their superiors, up to the Marshal who berates the entire Fleet then swears a solemn vow to an icon of the Emperor that they will do better and prove themselves worthy by stabbing heretics in the throat with their swords. Tactics may also be discussed and orders of battle issued, assuming they involve rushing headlong at the enemy.

Brother Carpenter

Brother Carpenter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion
Nice.
Really love the scitarians.
Can you use them in 40K rule wise?
  • MarshallRigaud likes this
ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

MarshallRigaud

MarshallRigaud

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

Nice.
Really love the scitarians.
Can you use them in 40K rule wise?

Yes, they are relics however, so require other choices of the same battlefield type to unlock them.

I really like the muted, clean feel of your painting !

Thank you very much.

gallery_45765_12339_13106.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,191 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Fine works, all. Your efforts honor Dorn and the Emperor.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

MarshallRigaud

MarshallRigaud

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

Updated a few more images from works I've recently completed.  

LRC
Centurions
Chaplain Dreadnought

• Marshal Laeroth, Bjorn Firewalker, Reinhard and 1 other like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,795 posts

again very nice models. 

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, SoBs

You continue to knock it out of the park - I particularly like that old metal LRC.

MarshallRigaud

MarshallRigaud

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
That Land Raider was a huge pain, that was purchased the day that kit came out WAY back in the early days. It had so many coats of paint on it that it took forever to strip and the hurricane bolter assemblies completely came apart in the stripping solution. Rebuilding those was "Fun".

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,191 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Brother Carpenter

Brother Carpenter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion

the hurricane bolter assemblies completely came apart in the stripping solution. Rebuilding those was "Fun".

I purchased my LRC at the same time. I got it in the Armagheddon boxed BT set I believe. I sometimes still have nightmares about the hurricane bolter assembly.

all parts there? check

super glue? check

glued together fingers? check

metal parts falling to the floor and attaching themselves with the superglue to your carpet, shoes, pet ect..? check..

Oh yeah fun it was.

BUT a very nice LRC!

Edited by Brother Carpenter, 12 February 2020 - 09:02 PM.

ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,693 posts

the hurricane bolter assemblies completely came apart in the stripping solution. Rebuilding those was "Fun".

I purchased my LRC at the same time. I got it in the Armagheddon boxed BT set I believe. I sometimes still have nightmares about the hurricane bolter assembly.
all parts there? check
super glue? check
glued together fingers? check
metal parts falling to the floor and attaching themselves with the superglue to your carpet, shoes, pet ect..? check..

Oh yeah fun it was.

BUT a very nice LRC!

I also have one of these metal hurricane bolter monstrosities...but I neglected to build it until I purchased the plastic LRC upgrade kits so I dodged that bullet.
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black templar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users