Mini of the year 2019

Aramis K

I am biased.

It took forever for me to paint this, but it felt to be one of my best works, inspired entirely by the resculpt of Abaddon:

abaddon-prot-1-full.jpg?zoom=1.25&w=860&

It was so hard to make him work in tournaments, but I did take him to an ITC event where his greatest moment was killing a Primaris Chapter Master (Pre-NuMarines!!). It was hard to manufacture that moment, but it was worth it.

Sure he would fall to Eldar, and IG, and Knights.... but I just loved the model so much I didn't care. He actually won me best painted in that tournament, but I really think in good part that was because the Sculpt is just that damn good!

Edited by Prot

Ambots got my vote, although it was a close run with the marauder destroyers, enforcer subjugators and the rouge trader out of the Blackstone fortress escalation set.

But so many good models this year!

Personally I like all the Slaves to Darkness, traitor Commissar, and Abaddon. Was definitely the year of chaos to me. That said my vote went to a Abaddon, he is just how I thought he would be when they announced him. The model is new but the pose is so iconic in artwork. The frame of Terminator and how the designer made it biologically correct by lifting the pauldrons off the shoulders makes Terminator armor make sense. So many little details had so much thought and effort put into. I would say more love and passion from the designer went into Abaddon than previous winners like Magnus. The video of him talking a out a lifetime goal (starting when he was a kid arguing with his brother about termie armor) to make Terminator armor make sense showed how much he cared about it.

He deserves his model to be praised.

There were some solid contenders for me. Abaddon, the Lord Discordant, Adrax Agatone and the new Squigs are all great. But in the end I had to go with the new Keeper of Secrets, I just love the sense of grace and imposing danger it gives off.