Mini of the year 2019

Aramis K

Its Abaddon and I'll 1v1 anyone in the Thunderdome who says otherwise.

Come at me and Gotrek Gurnisson! :P

Alright, square the heck up then,son!

*Begins wrapping The Observer's fists and slips in some razorblade covered in nightshade* alright remember there is a shank in the corner post a quick jab to the side and he's going down. The razors are packed tight so judges won't find them, so you'll need to wiggle them out. Go get them champ, for chaos.

My personal favorite of the year is the Master of Possession, which I think they just nailed. The pose, amount of details and even sculpted flames all just mesh.

Winner will probably be either Mephiston or Abaddon, both really great sculpts that also tickle the nostalgia feels by adhering close to old art.

Do they have popcorn in the 41st millennium?

Probably, but I expect it takes the form of tiny crunchy skulls.
Hmmm

gallery_94113_16055_63139.jpg

My personal favorite of the year is the Master of Possession, which I think they just nailed. The pose, amount of details and even sculpted flames all just mesh.

Winner will probably be either Mephiston or Abaddon, both really great sculpts that also tickle the nostalgia feels by adhering close to old art.

Bringing this back on track. I feel as though some people will vote for their favorite chapter or character no matter what. BA and mephiston are widly popular and this will get a fair few votes simply because "BA". However I find Mephiston lacking something and I just can't out my finger on it. The Master of Possession was another great model though.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

This one was really hard, so many great contenders. I ended up voting for Abaddon, but the Keeper of Secrets is also practically perfect, Kataphros is very impressive and a welcome change from faction leaders just being combat powerhouses, and the Gobbapalooza are just amazing miniatures dripping with character. Even if they split it into 40k and AoS, it'd be a hard choice.

Abaddon clinched it though for the attention to the underlying physique of the armour, instead of the usual "floating limbs" that plague the Terminator models.

Glad that Abaddon won, I hope the designer is happy about the news. So that's every Primarch (yes I'm considering abaddons Primarch) has won each year?

Four years, four Chaos models. That's honestly kinda impressive, but also not that shocking, since they're all very good, popular, flashy models. Kinda sad they didn't do second and third place, I would've liked to see which models almost made it.

Now GeeDubs, how about World Eaters or Emperor's Children this year? :D

Abaddon clinched it though for the attention to the underlying physique of the armour, instead of the usual "floating limbs" that plague the Terminator models.

Huh? He still has floating limbs (arms are too high and the shoulder joint only works when he does T-pose, he can't lower his arms at all) with shoulder pads that make no sense whatsoever unless they are welded to his torso because they are certainly not attached to his arms. Add to this the fact he still has pelvis twice the width of normal human if you look at how far apart his legs are (the designer even had to add random rag to try and mask this), he has nothing between his pelvis and rib cage, his head is so big in comparison to his body he has proportions of five year old kid, talon of Horus has a gun that only works if his arm is upside down, and you get one bad mini that only won because it looks flashy. Armless wasn't even best looking mini on chaos side (new daemons, Chaos Knights, and Slaves to Darkness SC are all far superior to him, IMO), but given he is big, expensive, and come out early in the year, there was no way he could lose, which is a shame, really :down:

4 years, 4 glorious victories for Chaos. Now GW just need to release models this year worthy of continuing the trend.

Glad that Abaddon won, I hope the designer is happy about the news. So that's every Primarch (yes I'm considering abaddons Primarch) has won each year?

Guilliman lost out to Mortarion

I'm surprised that Celestine never won, she was a much better model than Magnus.

Morty and Magnus are in no way the best models released in their respective years. But lots of people do love Chaos stuff...

Abaddon is fantastic however, no doubt about that.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson
Please be respectful to your fellow hobbyist, even if they play a separate faction.