Mini of the year 2019

Aramis K

4 years, 4 glorious victories for Chaos. Now GW just need to release models this year worthy of continuing the trend.

Yeah, noticed the same. Chaos seems hold GWs most popular single models, for some reason.

Anyway; I voted for Abbadon, so I'm happy about the outcome.

Congratulations Abaddon on a well-earned victory! Hopefully his future endeavours as Warmaster continue this spell of good luck.

Also I'll echo the sentiment from sfpanzer that between the other three big flashy models (all brilliant FWIW) having the Noise Marine win 2018 was both unexpected and cool. He's just an awesome model that transcends his relatively small size. I like the idea that he's not just a Noise Marine, he's The Noise Marine, either the first of their kind or some kind of one-man Legion of the Damned, an avatar of all fallen Noise Marines who can never be truly killed, so long as mankind still yearns to rock.

But anyway, Abaddon. As luck would have it, here's the big guy himself with a victory speech!

Thank you, thank you very much! I couldn't have done it without your support, as well as the fine talents of the mortal artisans of Games Workshop! Surely Daemonhood awaits them for giving me such a fine model. Now, if my fellows-in-arms against the Corpse Emperor, Huron Blackheart, Lucius the Eternal and...sigh...Fabius Bile would be next in line, that would be wonderful! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go and mock Creed for getting Cadia blown up.

Well, that was remarkably humble of the Warmaster if I do say so myself!

Abaddon clinched it though for the attention to the underlying physique of the armour, instead of the usual "floating limbs" that plague the Terminator models.

Huh? He still has floating limbs (arms are too high and the shoulder joint only works when he does T-pose, he can't lower his arms at all) with shoulder pads that make no sense whatsoever unless they are welded to his torso because they are certainly not attached to his arms. Add to this the fact he still has pelvis twice the width of normal human if you look at how far apart his legs are (the designer even had to add random rag to try and mask this), he has nothing between his pelvis and rib cage, his head is so big in comparison to his body he has proportions of five year old kid, talon of Horus has a gun that only works if his arm is upside down, and you get one bad mini that only won because it looks flashy. Armless wasn't even best looking mini on chaos side (new daemons, Chaos Knights, and Slaves to Darkness SC are all far superior to him, IMO), but given he is big, expensive, and come out early in the year, there was no way he could lose, which is a shame, really :down:

Unless you assume his shoulder-pads are attached to pistons that can raise and lower, moving the shoulder-pad around as required, which makes sense for how bulky they are, and fits how the model looks under the armour. I've seen the model constructed without the torso armour on, and he's definitely got stuff between his pelvis and rib cage, arms are in a workable position if you assume they don't take up the entirety of the armour but instead have "extra padding" around the deltoid, and his head isn't that big? I'll give you the wonky ammo feeds on the gun, but nonsensical weaponry is kinda Warhammers thing.

[

I'm surprised that Celestine never won, she was a much better model than Magnus.

Morty and Magnus are in no way the best models released in their respective years. But lots of kids do love the Chaos stuff...

It seems like the majority of people disagree with you and think that Magnus and Mortarion are great models, and in fact the best of their respective years. Personal opinion do not always match the masses opinion.

I never planned on making a chaos force and Mortarion was THE model that pushed me to make a DG army. The model was fantastic and though the moth wings were a surprise from the normal bat wings he was seen with in art, they fit the model very well. Their is so many little details that unless you have the physical model you would glance over in pictures.

Abaddon clinched it though for the attention to the underlying physique of the armour, instead of the usual "floating limbs" that plague the Terminator models.

Huh? He still has floating limbs (arms are too high and the shoulder joint only works when he does T-pose, he can't lower his arms at all) with shoulder pads that make no sense whatsoever unless they are welded to his torso because they are certainly not attached to his arms. Add to this the fact he still has pelvis twice the width of normal human if you look at how far apart his legs are (the designer even had to add random rag to try and mask this), he has nothing between his pelvis and rib cage, his head is so big in comparison to his body he has proportions of five year old kid, talon of Horus has a gun that only works if his arm is upside down, and you get one bad mini that only won because it looks flashy. Armless wasn't even best looking mini on chaos side (new daemons, Chaos Knights, and Slaves to Darkness SC are all far superior to him, IMO), but given he is big, expensive, and come out early in the year, there was no way he could lose, which is a shame, really :down:

Unless you assume his shoulder-pads are attached to pistons that can raise and lower, moving the shoulder-pad around as required, which makes sense for how bulky they are, and fits how the model looks under the armour. I've seen the model constructed without the torso armour on, and he's definitely got stuff between his pelvis and rib cage, arms are in a workable position if you assume they don't take up the entirety of the armour but instead have "extra padding" around the deltoid, and his head isn't that big? I'll give you the wonky ammo feeds on the gun, but nonsensical weaponry is kinda Warhammers thing.

https://i.imgur.com/7HoPDne.jpg

This is the instructions on abaddon, it should clarify his model and how Terminator armor shoulder pads are connected to arms and his chest armor connects to make it physically possible and look biologically normal.

The top 10 has been revealed, with the Gloomspite Gits getting 10, 9, and 7 respectively, with the Squig Hoppers, Mangler Squigs, and Gobbapalooza.

List as follows:

10: Squig Hoppers/Boingrot Bounderz

9: Mangler Squigs

8: Chaos Knight

7: Gobbapalooza

6: Mephiston

5: Keeper of Secrets (surprised this wasn't higher)

4: Lord Discordant (not a particular fan of this model)

3: Sister Amalia Novena

2: Katakros

1: Abbadon

The top 10 has been revealed, with the Gloomspite Gits getting 10, 9, and 7 respectively, with the Squig Hoppers, Mangler Squigs, and Gobbapalooza.

List as follows:

10: Squig Hoppers/Boingrot Bounderz

9: Mangler Squigs

8: Chaos Knight

7: Gobbapalooza

6: Mephiston

5: Keeper of Secrets (surprised this wasn't higher)

4: Lord Discordant (not a particular fan of this model)

3: Sister Amalia Novena

2: Katakros

1: Abbadon

I am surprised the Keeper didn't get a higher spot, but I'm pleased it made it on. Also I have to be honest, the Gobbapalooza definitely deserved its spot on the list, those goblins are wonderfully characterful.