some nice new shields

ranulf the revenant

Did a quick job on the Wolf Helm (not my best work):

20200323 191720

20200323 191655

20200323 184521

20200323 184453

I like it a bit more with paint on it.

I've figured out what makes them seem a bit small, it's the neck, it is very thin, so just some green-stuff to plump it up and I think they will look good.

For me I think I will use the Wolf-Skull on a whole unit but the Wolf Helm seems more for characters, maybe painted up in Bronze.

I've started to paint up one of the shields so hopefully bring the detail out a bit more.  Pics to follow.
Edited by sbarnby71

• 1 month later...

Those new shields look great.

The thing with Puppetswar, and I've covered this before as I've ordered TONS of 3rd party stuff from all over. Previous to a year or so ago, their stuff was on the small side for marines, especially the heads/helmets. Then that changed and it's more in the proper scale, but for people using the heads for Guard which they worked great for, those smaller versions of the same exact sculpt are now gone completely, which is a bummer as I feel like some of their stuff makes for great looking alternate guard regiments.

Weapons wise they have always skewed closer to marine scale, Im ordering some shields and such today, good to see how those look all painted up.

Those new shields look great.

The thing with Puppetswar, and I've covered this before as I've ordered TONS of 3rd party stuff from all over. Previous to a year or so ago, their stuff was on the small side for marines, especially the heads/helmets. Then that changed and it's more in the proper scale, but for people using the heads for Guard which they worked great for, those smaller versions of the same exact sculpt are now gone completely, which is a bummer as I feel like some of their stuff makes for great looking alternate guard regiments.

Weapons wise they have always skewed closer to marine scale, Im ordering some shields and such today, good to see how those look all painted up.

I got caught out a couple of years ago with the head sizes, ordered 30+ heads of different types, but they were too small to be used for old Space Marines.  The new size is just right.

I really like the shields, the detail is very crisp and the runes are nice and deep so very easy to paint.

Yeah, I did the same, not in that quantity though. Got away with using some on Heresy marines as some of those sculpts lean towards being smaller. The rest I just repurposed to guard so I wasnt too upset, though I do have some f their early spartam/thermpylae helmets that I wish were useful for... well anything with their small size. :/

• 2 months later...

There's also some new stuff from the KF Studio guys coming, btw...  helmets and shields...

https://www.facebook.com/LiberDaemonica/posts/3172171579530937

https://www.facebook.com/LiberDaemonica/posts/3169826573098771

https://www.facebook.com/LiberDaemonica/posts/3123148334433262

personally especially hoping for the Viking looking helmets...

Edited by ranulf the revenant

Is there not a way to order them except through Facebook?

He also has an eBay store, but not sure you can get these through there yet.