Bloodletter or Daemonette summon bomb?

Zephaniah Adriyen

So, here's the deal. I own a bit of Daemons now, who I'm rocking summons for with my Word Bearers. I've got three Flamers and a box each of Bloodletters and Daemonettes, each with icon and instrument. I'm trying to decide which one gets to play summon bomb more often. My semi-dedicated summoner is my Master of Possession, pretty much, and he's Undivided, so he can summon either, no problem.

Bloodletters. Banner of blood strat is vital to the bomb. 30 deamonettes picking their noses with lobster claws 9" in front of the foe are not gonna last long. Even if they make the charge you will not get wraps and bad touches off like the letters and their 3d6+1 charge. PS you need 21+ models in the unit to make this tactic shine

Bloodletters. Banner of blood strat is vital to the bomb.

Can't use Banner of Blood on summoned bloodletters, sadly. Easy solution is to just run them in a Patrol detachment instead (which will also give you a character for the all-important Locus reroll for charges).

Can't use Banner of Blood on summoned bloodletters, sadly. Easy solution is to just run them in a Patrol detachment instead (which will also give you a character for the all-important Locus reroll for charges).

One of the reasons why nobody seriously uses the summoning rules. They are crap. Just take the daemons you want in a separate detachment.

One of the reasons why nobody seriously uses the summoning rules. They are crap. Just take the daemons you want in a separate detachment.

But... summoning's fluffy, especially for Word Bearers.

I'd like to add that I'm playing Word Bearers. Thus, summoning being bad isn't a concern, I'm already running the worst Legion Trait.

But... summoning's fluffy, especially for Word Bearers.

I'd like to add that I'm playing Word Bearers. Thus, summoning being bad isn't a concern, I'm already running the worst Legion Trait.

Not less fluffy than having a detachment of daemons arrive via deep strike Stratagem. Fluff-wise it's pretty much exactly the same even.

I find it odd when folks who ask for advice on rules insist on fluff or some other excuse to discount it. If you just have to be a hipster snowflake why ask for advice? Feels like I got trolled.

Idea was to summon one or the other. It was a simple question - Bloodletters or Daemonettes - and I've gotten an answer - Bloodletters are better for dropping in mid-game to snag an objective. The idea of summoning is to have a pool of points and not be locked into anything; I've taken the advice here, and am considering what's been said. I'm not writing it off, or discounting it. I don't have a Daemons HQ right now to run a Patrol; I have loose plans to run a Daemons Battalion at some point in the future to generate CP for my Chaos, however, and will consider dropping in by stratagem once I have a detachment besides an Auxiliary Support.