Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A viable tactic to protect Possessed?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 945 posts

I just had a quick idea. Using Conceal and Forward Operatives to protect a unit of 20 Possessed with 2 30-man squads of Cultists (Alternatively 5-man CSMs you can hide). Add a Dark Apostle to buff the screen unit with a Benediction of Darkness for a -1 to hit. 

• Iron Father Ferrum likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
I want to like it, but I'm not quite sold. But it my just be my own playstyle flavoring my opinions. I think one 30 man blob and one 5 marine squad, as you mention, is the better way (instead of 2 blobs). Or just two marine squads, if you have the terrain available to play hide and seek.
  • ChazSexington likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Dallas Drake

Dallas Drake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,089 posts

I just had a quick idea. Using Conceal and Forward Operatives to protect a unit of 20 Possessed with 2 30-man squads of Cultists (Alternatively 5-man CSMs you can hide). Add a Dark Apostle to buff the screen unit with a Benediction of Darkness for a -1 to hit.

This was done recently (and won a GT) by TJ Lanigan but he used PBC and Nurglings to stop the Possessed being shot. Alpha Legion Nurgle should be trying to rock -3 to hit too. If it was my list I’d stick with the PBCs but add Blightlords or something else. His list runs Ahriman & 2 DPs which is a bit much for my gaming group.

https://spikeybits.c...-christmas.html

Edited by Dallas Drake, 25 December 2019 - 10:10 AM.

• ChazSexington likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users