Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PA: Faith and Fury Alpha Legion story

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

"Psychic Awakening: Faith and Fury" story about the Alpha Legion (Apparently this info is only available in the Collector's Edition of the book).  The source - reddit via Natfka

MASSIVE SPOILERS!

Spoiler

• Brom MKIV and Excessus like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,591 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

I dislike the use of the word "fled"...

It was a tactical retreat with the original goal achieved!

• Brother-serpent Tylydox likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,090 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I dislike the use of the word "fled"...

It was a tactical retreat with the original goal achieved!

There must have been a lot of IH Levi dreads, which prompted the manifestation of boss music. I don't blame the AL for "retreating". ;)
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

I dislike the whole idea of how the Iron Hands come across about the Alpha Legion.  That shouldn't have happened at all.

Edited by Tylydox, 08 December 2019 - 12:13 PM.

• ChazSexington likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Well that is... about the level of writing I've come to expect from the Psychic Awakening books lately. On the bright side, that is literally the only Chaos "win" of all the events from our book, so that's nice? The other Legions just ended in stalemates/Imperium "wins" while at least our Legion forced the Exterminatus of a holy world, so that's cool. If only the story wasn't so... formulaic. Chaos shows up > wrecks the place > Imperium shows up > wrecks Chaos > things resolve. Too much Imperium plot armor going around... more than usual, it feels like. It'd be much nicer to have an actual story that was "Chaos showed up and just ruined us, guys, really... even the [insert Space Marine Chapter here] couldn't save us." Meh. Still neat, I guess... even if it locked behind the Collector's Edition 'paywall.'

But, I think that goes more into the general design philosophy of Psychic Awakening as a whole. So far, ever narrative has read as "we have this great idea, but the Marketing Department has capped us to a 20 page max for lore, so lets really cut down this neat story to the barest of bare bones." Meh. 

• Juggernut, Excessus and ChazSexington like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,591 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Well, lets just look at it like this:

The imperials needed to be deus-ex-machina:ed out of the situation the AL put them in, it was that severe. Always something. :)

• ChazSexington likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts

Well, lets just look at it like this:

The imperials needed to be deus-ex-machina:ed out of the situation the AL put them in, it was that severe. Always something. smile.png

or they'd lose an agri-world to the Alpha Legion? :D

Btw, what is it with the Alpha Legion and agri-worlds? We also took an out agri-world in our old Index Astartes article. 

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,501 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
It's hard to keep armies in the field if you can't feed them, and it's easier to provoke civilians to rebel if they can't feed themselves.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum, 09 December 2019 - 01:17 PM.

• Lucerne, Gederas and ChazSexington like this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

I would love to read a story where AL has a decisive force on force victory with no casualties because they are THAT smart and also they are Legionnaires.   This "spy masters" crap all the time is starting to get annoying.

• ChazSexington and Black Muse like this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,501 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
I understand where you're coming from, but that's like saying "I want to read a story where the Night Lords don't torture and terrify people." Spy stuff is our thing.
  • Zeke likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts

I understand where you're coming from, but that's like saying "I want to read a story where the Night Lords don't torture and terrify people." Spy stuff is our thing.

Judging by the books, I thought it was incompetence tongue.png

• Juggernut likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Actually last year I sent a suggestion to GW when they were asking for the ideas that it would be really cool if designed one character for every Undivided Legion that reflects the lore and one character that would be unorthodox.  For instance - a special Havocs Champ for the Night Lords, a special Raptors Champ for Word Bearers, a special Possessed Champ for the Iron Warriors and a special Terminator Champ for the Alpha Legion.

• Juggernut likes this

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

Actually last year I sent a suggestion to GW when they were asking for the ideas that it would be really cool if designed one character for every Undivided Legion that reflects the lore and one character that would be unorthodox.  For instance - a special Havocs Champ for the Night Lords, a special Raptors Champ for Word Bearers, a special Possessed Champ for the Iron Warriors and a special Terminator Champ for the Alpha Legion.

They can't even give us a stereotype character for each Legion, why would they be competent to give us an oddball character?

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

...Because they like moneyz?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users