So, Astral_Jackal posted the rules for the AL from PA2. We'll probably have to wait for the specific wordings and the descriptions...but here's the gist of it.
Alpha Legion Rules:
1. From Codex
2. -1 to hit rolls against this Warlord.
3. Warlord can target characters. Unmodified Hit rolls of 6 inflict 1 mortal wound in addition to normal damage
4. at the start of the first battle round, before the turn begins. select up to 3 other AL units on the battlefield. redeploy them in your deployment zone
5. Profile on Community Page
6. once per battle, at the end of your Movement phase, you can remove your warlord and redeploy him within 3" of an AL unit and 9" from enemy units.
1CP: Forward Operatives
- From Codex
- use at start of opponents shooting phase. Select one AL infantry unit. cannot be targeted unless it's the closest visible unit.
1CP: Sabotaged Armoury
- profile on Community website
1CP: Scrambled Coordinates
- use in enemy movement phase, enemy units deploying as reinforcements have to be more than 12" away instead of 9"
1CP: Renascent Infiltration
- Use at the end of the Movement phase. Select one AL Infantry unit more than 3" from enemy models (cannot select units that arrived from reserve). remove that unit and set them up more than 9" from enemy models
- use in opponents Movement phase, after your opponent has set up reinforcements, select one AL unit from your army within 18". they can shoot that unit as if it where your shooting phase.
1CP: Feigned Retreat
- Use in movement phase, select one AL unit, they can shoot after they fell back.
1CP: We are Alpharius
- Use before the battle, after nominating your Warlord, select another AL Character and generate a trait for them. can only use once per battle.
Darkscale Plate: Infantry only. 2+ armour save, 5+ "feel no pain"
Mindveil: start of movement phase, while on the battlefield, roll 3D6. until the end of the phase, that models move characteristic is that result. this model can move over other models as if they weren't there (in the movement and charge phase). this model can charge after it fell back.
Hydra's Wail: once per battle, at the start of the turn. for the remainder of the turn, when your opponent uses a stratagem roll a D6, on a 4+ your opponent must spend an additional CP to use that stratagem or it has no effect and the CP spent are lost.
Viper's Wail: Combi-bolter only
- R24", RF2, S5, ap -3, D 2
Hydra's Teeth: Bolt weapon only, Grants the following abilities:
auto hits, wounds on a 2+ unless its a vehicle or titanic in which case it wounds on a 6+, ignores cover.
Shadeblade: Power sword or Force Sword only
- S +1, ap -3, D d3, abilites: -1 to hit against the bearer
onto the Iron warriors!
I kinda suddenly converted a sniper lord using the warlord trait.
...but the strange thing is, since the Viper's Wail isn't a bolter you don't get bolter discipline/drill/whatever for it so you have half as many shots but more potent ones. The Hydra's Teeth autohits so can't roll 6:es for those extra MWs...so a regular combi-bolter it is then...cheap and cheerful.