Ship defence force, a small infantry project

Phubar

Hi, i want to have a small side project in order to have fun painting IG models in different colors from my main army.

I have a little lore for them, they are the infantry force that defends a space ship in case of enemy boarding and provides ground defence too in case of small ships when they land.

The models allowed are only infantry ones (including ogryns & Co) plus sentinels as the corridors and halls in a ship does not have room for larger vehicles.

They use only weapons that non rely on oxigen in order to work as the oxigen in ships is valuable (so no bolt weapons, flamers, missiles, etc etc).

Here is my test model, do you have any small painting suggestions for improving it?

gallery_87981_16058_30687.jpg

PS: i know that a respirator would be almost mandatory for soldiers that will figth in a potential low oxigen enviroment but i dont want to spend too much money in this fun project.

Edited by Phubar

Swap the nozzle on a flamer and it could be converted to some kind of flesh dissolving chem-sprayer. Paint the back tank to look like a glass tank full of caustic goop. It’s a maintenance tool converted for ship defense.

Grenade launchers could loaded with “hull friendly” grenade variants (electro-frags and “man-poppers”).

The new arbite looking guys from Necromunda would make nice veterans as elite ship’s security.

The Load Lifter variant of the sentinel could work if you assume the ship has any kind of cargo area.