Sons of Horus test mini

sarabando

I like it very much, the weathering and I really like the Imperial eagle on the chest, the old and worn metal is brilliant. The only thing that might need a touch-up, it also might be the light, is the "brass/gold", compared to the rest it looks clean. But otherwise it is brilliant.

I like it very much, the weathering and I really like the Imperial eagle on the chest, the old and worn metal is brilliant. The only thing that might need a touch-up, it also might be the light, is the "brass/gold", compared to the rest it looks clean. But otherwise it is brilliant.

Yeah the oil wash didn't stand out on the gold as well as agrax normally does

That looks brilliant - gorgeous armour tone and weathering. How did you create that effect?

I would also finish the rim of the base - I understand it’s a test model, but I find bases play a huge role in checking colour schemes so I would tidy it up to see what the final look is.

Green was done as kabalite > sybarite > Gauss blaster. The base and scratches/sponging is word bearers red with Gauss blaster edges. The oil wash was burnt umber. Hope this helps

That looks brilliant - gorgeous armour tone and weathering. How did you create that effect?

I would also finish the rim of the base - I understand it’s a test model, but I find bases play a huge role in checking colour schemes so I would tidy it up to see what the final look is.

Green was done as kabalite > sybarite > Gauss blaster. The base and scratches/sponging is word bearers red with Gauss blaster edges. The oil wash was burnt umber. Hope this helps

Thank you kindly!