Best weapon for Master Swordsman

thecapn226

Master Swordsman simply gives you 20% more hits with either weapon, so it's just a question of which weapon is better in the first place. For most purposes, I'd lean towards the Teeth there, unless you really want to hunt things with 3 wounds. (If you're going for vehicles/monsters, SoJ is better, but in that case why aren't you using a hammer?)

I forget who, but somebody suggested putting the Sword of Judgement on a Company Champion with "Champion of Humanity" to make a Knight-killer: hit on 2s and wound on 4s with full rerolls, 6 attacks when charging, D3. Not bad for 47 points.

Our special sword is very good for a Characters with WL-Trait Champion of Humanity. A Company Champion for example with this sword would get 6 Attacks on charge and +1 to hit and +1 to wound plus complete rerolls for hits and woundrolls. Like I said earlier in another thread that for his 46 points and 5 CPs he kills a Knight !!!

Unless my math is wrong somehow, for vehicle hunting (specifically knights) the SOJ has identical results to a hammer for a fraction of the points. (It also gets a bigger boost from Suffer Not on a Captain)

Hit on 3s, wound on 4s means one in three attacks gets through. Hit on 2s, wound on 5s means 5/18 attacks get through, which is worse but only slightly, at a 36-point savings. Hm, that's not so bad, really. If you take Imperium's Sword, the hammer starts wounding on 3s and looks a lot better.

The sword does cost an extra CP though, which you could otherwise spend on master-crafting the thunder hammer (...assuming we retain that option from IF? Still up in the air, I guess) and then it really stops being a contest.

Champion of Humanity is only a +1 to hit against characters, which not all knights are, so that doesn't really apply?

Against knights you will normally be facing off against 3 knight characters. Usually a gallant with land strider, a crusader with endless fury and ion bulwark, and another crusader with either the Taranis super melta or the Krast headmans mark.

@ Sgt. Blaster - thats not correct. its a +1 to hit AND to wound too. In Addition all ( good ) Knights are characters because of relics and so on... If they dont have not - they are not as good and dangerous as they could be...

Edited by Medjugorje