Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How would you make AL competitive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Vorroth

Vorroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

How would you guys go about making an alpha legion competitive list? Cultists or CSM? Havocs or oblits? 

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts

How would you guys go about making an alpha legion competitive list? Cultists or CSM? Havocs or oblits? 

Cultists don't get Legion traits, so I'd steer clear of them.

I've been playing around with a Possessed bomb. With Dark Apostle, you can get another -1 to hit, so you're at -2. Use Forward Operatives to launch 20 of them 9" forward, move 6," Warptime them for another 6, then charge. 

It's too reminiscent of the old Deathstars for me in addition to being hyper swingy in some match ups, but there you go. 

3 Lords of the Disco is also something that could work. Contemptor Dreads aren't bad, and there might be some mileage in Havocs and Oblits. 

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,504 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Alternate take: they're cheap fodder to fill out a battalion and they make for a cheap screen to keep enemies away from your main gunline of Havocs and Helbrutes.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum, 28 August 2019 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users