MD jawdrop moments and your use of them

Atrus

So even those without the fancy dex have access to battlescribe, so I imagine that quite a few people have gotten a few games in.

What have been your experiences with MD? What are some moments that have surprised or frustrated your opponent? What Miraculous things have happened? What has been your main use of MD?

As an aside, what interpretation of the MD quantity usage have you used in games (single die only or multi dice)? I am quite curious to see what difference the two reading make in game.

In a 750 pt game my retributors used 4 miracle dice and 4 command pts to storm of retribution a Swarmlord into Oblivion in turn 3, using the miracle dice to guarantee hits and wounds

Turn 4 -- My canoness then 12" charged a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf and tore him asunder

Saved them all for late game

Edited by MoshJason

Retributors fired on a Executioner with a full salvo, 3 wounds went through.

First one was a MD for 6+1 (storm of retribution)

Second was a MD for 6+1 from a squad's simulacrum

Third was a 1 because that's how it always goes, but 1+1+7+7=slag where the tank once was.

I play with single dice, no leniency for fast rolling. It makes each use feel more significant without totally throwing shade on the moment.

So even those without the fancy dex have access to battlescribe, so I imagine that quite a few people have gotten a few games in.

What have been your experiences with MD? What are some moments that have surprised or frustrated your opponent? What Miraculous things have happened? What has been your main use of MD?

As an aside, what interpretation of the MD quantity usage have you used in games (single die only or multi dice)? I am quite curious to see what difference the two reading make in game.

Basic BSS squads lighting up 5 to 6 damage each with a Simulacrum and the cherub (literally using a token to proxy for cherubs lol)

I love them. They're powerful and thematic. 

I'm going to assume you mean multiple dice as in multiple acts of faith in one turn? I follow the rules on that. Only time it can replace is when the roll itself is multiple dice. And in my circles a roll is defined in the rules as each action taking place one at a time. So no multiple damage or saves or whatever random rolls people like to clump together for expediency. 

the first game i played I dropped Seraphim 9" away from a friends unit, some big armored thing, dont know what it is called, used the strategem that adds 6" to your range the turn you deep strike, then proceeded to melt his thing with 4 inferno pistol shots (perxying stuff)

it was good times.

another one his Chaos leader (dont know its name, some Tzeench guy) charged my penitent engine, I rolled 12 on the H flaimers, then rolled 12 wounds and he proceeded to save one of them, throwing ashes at the feet of my penitent engine... so good... the fury of the emperor is strong 

• 4 weeks later...

the first game i played I dropped Seraphim 9" away from a friends unit, some big armored thing, dont know what it is called, used the strategem that adds 6" to your range the turn you deep strike, then proceeded to melt his thing with 4 inferno pistol shots (perxying stuff)

I did the same thing to a friend's Krieg cavalry unit, just with 4 hand flamers, they didn't take that well :D

Also, made a 10 inch Penitent Engine charge with two "5" MDs (it's an inherent 2d6, so you can use two!).

Also, Advanced a Melta Dominion squad 6+6 (MD) after getting 3" out of a Repressor and lit up his HQ Leman Russ. Good times :3

Penitent Engines don’t have Acts of Faith and so cannot use miracle dice. Unless I am wrong, which wouldn’t surprise me. :)

You are correct. Only Adepta Sororitas units (with the exception of Mortifiers) have Acts of Faith. None of the non sororitas ecclesiastical units have it.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a doubles game today that had my opponents calling MD "op cheese bs."

Clearly they had never gone up against sisters before, yet alone the new rendition of AoF.

Had a low wound immolator charge a unit of landspeeders. Landspeeders multi melta managed to hit and wound which got them excited, but being first turn and playing Ebon Chalice with the warlord trait, my first turn automatic 6 saved and took the wind out their sails.

Used a 2 on a Cannoness to auto hit with an overcharged plasma to take out the last of a primaris squad that freed up exos to target character behind.

Finally got to use MD to guarantee an 9" charge on a Cannoness into a grey knight chaplain.