Event: Loyalty & Treachery 2020

I, too, was motivated. I doubt they'll be available in time for the event, but still.

Dark Angels

"Loyalty is its own reward."

Contemptor-Dreadnought

Some form of Praetor or Consul; can't decide yet. Is it okay to Rule of Cool the model and then pick what sort of HQ it is?

Veteran Tactical Squad

I have land raider that I have started to work on just before you declared that fantastic event. It is in pieces with everything inside almost painted but bare plastic from tge outside. Would it be ok to declare vehicle that has alread painted interior? From events/tournaments perspective painted/unpainted interior doesn't really matter so maybe there is a chance? I will also declare rhino, Orth, and maybe vindicator.

I was really excited with the DA previews too! Maybe I’ll also participate with the mighty First of course! 

Some form of Praetor or Consul; can't decide yet. Is it okay to Rule of Cool the model and then pick what sort of HQ it is?

Totally fine! In the end of the day you may nominally say it is one or the other - point values do not come into play in L&T. Just do not equip it with something incompatible... :)

Alright, I have to jump in, since this doesn’t require too much from me, and would be great encouragement to get that army I’ve been dreaming of for ages now.

I’ll start easy though, and simply pledge the characters of the not-really-shattered Legions army I have in mind:

- a V Legion Librarian

- a VII Legion Champion/Praetor

- a IX Legion jump pack Chaplain

Siege loyalists, obviously...

This should be good inspiration to finally getsomething painted again! It's been way too long.

I have 3 units, one for each of my accumulated legions, I am pledging.

A unit of  10 Plasma gun tactical support for my Raven Guard

A unit of  10 breachers for the Imperial Fists

A unit of 10 Tactical Marines for my Salamanders

This will be a good start to my Goal of having an actual painted, 3,000 point, Heresy army.

I'm gunning for that Forgelord trophy. Can someone tell me if two Vindicators and a Contemptor-Mortis dreadnought can reach the required HP value or do I need another chunky box?

Looks like another chunky box in your future, Gederas. The Vindicators and the Contemptor-Mortis are 3 points each. But hey, you know you needed another tank or dread, right? ;)

I'm gunning for that Forgelord trophy. Can someone tell me if two Vindicators and a Contemptor-Mortis dreadnought can reach the required HP value or do I need another chunky box?

Looks like another chunky box in your future, Gederas. The Vindicators and the Contemptor-Mortis are 3 points each. But hey, you know you needed another tank or dread, right? :wink:

Was always intending on getting a third Vindicator, good to know I'll need it then :lol:

Looks like another chunky box in your future, Gederas. The Vindicators and the Contemptor-Mortis are 3 points each. But hey, you know you needed another tank or dread, right? :wink:
Was always intending on getting a third Vindicator, good to know I'll need it then :lol:

A friend of mine is selling Off a bunch of heresy and 40k stuff. And thats how I got my vindicator squadron that I was sure I wanted all along anyways.

Wont be a content for this eventuell though. Got enough stuff still lying around to paint here.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

So apparently when I ordered five extra Mk IV missile launchers just over two years ago they forgot to send me the right shoulder pad and main housing of the launcher, so I'm now having to cut down my heavy support squad by five. However due to fuel expenses from work going in I've splashed out on some Volkite Calivers (and a Mk III command upgrade set) instead which a five man support squad with them will make up the 125pts hole the five heavy support guys left.

@Captain Semper is it possible to pledge command squad if standart bearer is fully painted and other members even not assembled yet?

The idea is to paint full game-legal squads. It would not be fair to get the same badge with someone that actually did the entire squad in the duration of the event. Having said that, I really want this event to provide the motivation for you to paint the entire squad and as such I'll happily allow this but it won't count towards the minimum three units.

I'll tell you what, if you paint an extra model, even if it is not a standard bearer, then it'll be fine. Will that work for you? 

@Captain Semper is it possible to pledge command squad if standart bearer is fully painted and other members even not assembled yet?

The idea is to paint full game-legal squads. It would not be fair to get the same badge with someone that actually did the entire squad in the duration of the event. Having said that, I really want this event to provide the motivation for you to paint the entire squad and as such I'll happily allow this but it won't count towards the minimum three units.

I'll tell you what, if you paint an extra model, even if it is not a standard bearer, then it'll be fine. Will that work for you? 

No problem. I'll figure out what I can do instead, and command squad would be out-of-pledge extra :)

I have been pondering, my 1k list runs 7 units and 33 models. Now I could kitbash a Master of Signals to give my heavy support squad an option of him or my Siegebreaker then I could do another unit or two to make it 9 or 10 total.... Hmmm dangerous thoughts.

Also Semper, are we ok to prime our models or does it need to be bare plastic?

I know the feeling, No Foes. My days off are Mon-Wed (work two 8s and two 12s), so hopefully I'll be ready to start airbrushing on Wednesday, but at least I can get up to the primer stage if nothing else!