2020 Hobby Resolutions

Jarl Caldersson

1. Paint Mephiston by the end of the month as part of painting thing with someone else on Twitter

2. Paint a Keeper of Secrets for Everchosen

3. Plan/paint at least one entry for 2021's Golden Demon

4. Pick and paint a 2k army by the end of the year (currently looking at AoS, but haven't picked something just yet)

Mine are:

1. Finish painting my DG before buying anything else. I'm really loving painting these guys, they're a lot of fun to play too

2. Learn how to sculpt with GS, I have the perfect models to attempt this on with some AoS Crypt ghouls that I need to Nurgle up to make Pox Walkers

3. Sell off an downsize the armies I don't use/won't be using anytime soon.

4. Play in at least 3 tournaments, at least 1 of those with a melee focused DG list. Melee DG are hilariously fun and not at all competitive but I really don't mind

5. Complete an Armies on Parade board, giving myself more than 4 days to complete it in :whistling:

Finish the core of my Guard army - still have 15 to paint to reach my standard 60 for mid points games and I need to sort another 30 on top of that for the 90 I'd like to run for 2k. 

probably means I'll need to do a bunch of weapon teams as well as I want the option of putting missile launchers in each squad. 

On my side:

1. Finish my Wordbearers army: still one Spartan, a Dark Apostle and two Acolytes to achieve this; DONE

2. Finish my Emperor's Children army: still six bikers, Fabius Bile, one Contemptor and six Chosen to go;

3. Finish buying my Thousand Sons: twenty Rubricae, thirty Tzaangors, two Predators;

4. Reach a total of 1000 painted infantry models for all my CSM armies: only 49 guys to go.

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

As I finished one (yes one!) mini last year, I'm on a roll.

So, my hobby resolutions this year are:

At least 2 of the following:

1. Complete one of my 'special' models; 12" Abaddon; 9" Marine; Vulkan figure; Trygon/marine diorama; 

2.  Paint any two of my many character figures; librarian; marine captain; a dragon I bought for my 30th birthday (I'm 40 this year... yeah...) and whatever other character I have.

3. Paint a load of troops etc; couple case loads of troops for my own chapter that are at various stages; space hulk figures; figures from other games etc.

Here's hoping :biggrin.:  

• 1 month later...

Loving those models Celtic_Cauldron! The Spartan looks great, the transfers look fantastic and you've done some weathering I see. :)

I'm not doing too bad at the year's resolutions. I'm on the second of three Blood Bowl teams, which I can't show on the forum but I've found time to paint a Primaris Chaplain in a gap between teams and I will either paint something Orky or the new Adeptus Mechanicus wave depending on how well I'm doing for time. It feels a bit weird not being able to upload stuff to B&C since I usually only paint 40k stuff normally with the odd Age of Sigmar model to practice on.

Thanks Magos Takatus!!

I hope I'll be able to complete my Emperor's Children as well but if Good Ol'GW release new Kakophony and a Codex: EC, then it will be harder.

Congrats on you BB teams and I guess you should post your Chaplain here so that our other Brothers remember that resolutions can be transformed into achievements!!

Celtic_Cauldron

As requested, random Chaplain. Sadly I haven't got any transfers commissioned yet.

IMG 20200216 111222

IMG 20200216 111308

Click on images for larger pics!

He's technically not one of my hobby resolutions, I'd consider him a bonus objective! :biggrin.:

Good luck with the EC force, they have been waiting for reinforcements for ages, will you expand your army if new models arrive or have you worked out a specific list that's set in stone? I'm looking forward to that Contemptor on your resolution list. :smile.:

Edited by Magos Takatus

This Chaplain is brilliant even though he's a Loyalist. ^^

As for my Emperor's Children: the current list is set in stone or should be... Now everything will depend on what GW is intending about the 3rd Legion in 40K. A new Codex should have me add two or three more units including new Noise Marines.

Celtic_Cauldron

To actually paint something...

same here! 

And to actually try and grasp the rules instead of relying on my opponents

Well I painted a couple of Genestealers and an abberant so far this year oh and a Primaris ancient too. I’ve started on the Deathwatch now.

No closer to learning the rules properly yet :whistling:

Complete my hobby backlog before I start buying anything new. So afaik that is... 

Finish building/painting Necromunda scenery. 

Finish painting my Wolves. 

Finish painting my Slaanesh army. 

Buy three metal Eldar Guardians so I can finish off my squad.

Actually decide on what I am doing with all my spare loyalists (Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Templars. Or a homebrew army so I can use with whatever codex takes my fancy). Then paint said army. 

Once all this is done then I can start buying new stuff.  

Im leaning towards an Ork army (Bloodaxe/Freebooters). 

Buy a Chaos Knight.

Increase my Guard army, I need ALL the tanks!!!! PEW PEW PEW

Do something Khorne related.