Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathshroud Terminators + Delivery

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts

Good Morning and a happy new year to everyone. 

So Death Shroud, I haven't really used them much before as they always tipped into a point bracket which I would have rather used elsewhere. However with a few more points off in CA2019 and all the marines currently floating about I have looked at them again. 

Being S5 with a +3 weapon you are nearly always wounding marnines on 2+ you also have a spell and Vets in the back pocket if you need it. 

So with hatefull assult a unit of 3 have 13 S8 attacks at -3 doing D3 damage. Thats some good damage output in my mind. 

I used them in a tournament over the Christmas break for thier first real outing and they performed well. I took Typhus to buff them which helped but Typhus was a liability over all so he is off the list. If he was S5 I would reconsider but thats for a different feed. 

3 Games, 3 deep strikes (turn 2), 1 suscessfull charge! This is the problem. To be fair they didn't die straight away as my opponents had other things to deal with and they couldn't get away so turn 3 I got the most out of them. They killed Ork HQ's, Marines and did a good amount of damage on a knight. 

One thing that really helped them was the Nugle Daemon Spell for -1T. I got that off against the knight so wounding on 3's before other spell's / strat. 

So since then I have been thinking of how I can get more out of them. 

Deep striking gives them a 50/50 chance with a re-roll of getting in. If they don't there is a high chance they will be come a libility / waste. 

This leads on to transport. Rhino is out which leaves us the classic Land Raider...... 277 points worth it? i'm not 100% sure. Although it does give some lascannon shots too. If it had DR then I would be all over it 

What have been your experiences with deathshoud and how can I improve my game with them? 

• Wolf Lord Loki likes this

Come visit my website for unit reviews, battle reports and army discussions

www.believeinheresy.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users