IA: Imperial Consuls

Sugarlessllama

It's not often I see a new spin on a Cursed Founding chapter's "flaw", but I really do like this one!

The idea of being blind and relying on bionics and their superior senses is a fun one, do they echo-locate to help with sight too (yes, there are regular humans who can do this today) if they are conducting void combat etc?

Now on the Warp Sight front, if you wanted to add that extra dollop of grim dark and add further to the horrors of the 21st Founding's ill fated brethren, you could make it that the development of the Warp Sight eventually drives the Imperial Consul mad as they are borne witness to the Warp's power and entropy. Only those who are supremely highly disciplined can survive for more than a Century etc. As a result most Astartes when they reach this level of affliction, voluntarily choose to go out with an honourable bang in combat, very much akin to the Death Companies of the Blood Angels?

Cambrius

I think super senses would fail in void because there is no sound in a vacuum. But your take on Warp Sight is... AWESOME! Oh man, I really like it. I might use it with my First Company Veterans. Maybe the Vanguard Veterans are seeking their doom in battle? 

Edited by Sugarlessllama

*snip!*

I think super senses would fail in void because there is no sound in a vacuum. But your take on Warp Sight is... AWESOME! Oh man, I really like it. I might use it with my First Company Veterans. Maybe the Vanguard Veterans are seeking their doom in battle? 

Ahh that's a good point on void-combat. Glad you like the idea of the warp-sight affliction, the idea of the 1st Company doing that would be in interesting one, but could be counter productive on keeping experience etc. I think possibly having it run akin to the Black Rage, where it could affect any of the Astartes at any time, but is increased in risk during and after combat? Naturally, this is all down to you as these boys are your Chapter to play with and grow. :) :tu:

Looking forwards to more.

Cambrius

*snip!*

Ahh that's a good point on void-combat. Glad you like the idea of the warp-sight affliction, the idea of the 1st Company doing that would be in interesting one, but could be counter productive on keeping experience etc. I think possibly having it run akin to the Black Rage, where it could affect any of the Astartes at any time, but is increased in risk during and after combat? Naturally, this is all down to you as these boys are your Chapter to play with and grow. :smile.::thumbsup:

Looking forwards to more.

Cambrius

The only problem I see with that, is that it I think it starts to run a little too close to the Black Rage. I really don't want to venture into Founding Chapter territory. You know, it might be fun to limit warp sight and the madness associated with it to the Librarius. 

Maybe there is something about the curse that grants those with psychic potential warp sight. And as those gifted individuals explore more and more of the emperyean, they slowly start to become insane. And that sometimes that psychotic break happens in the middle of combat. And so as a result, the chapter has a larger than normal number of Chaplains. And it is the duty of the Chaplains to keep an eye out for this madness, and to cull it when it does eventually happen. 

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

The only problem I see with that, is that it I think it starts to run a little too close to the Black Rage. I really don't want to venture into Founding Chapter territory. You know, it might be fun to limit warp sight and the madness associated with it to the Librarius. 

I wouldn't be too concerned about running "too close" to the Black Rage. The psychic characteristics of your Chapter's warp site and the Blood Angels' Black Rage are different enough. However, limiting the madness aspect to the Chapter Librarians is a good idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Sugarlessllama

Sorry for the slow response to your pic (especially when I'd asked to see it - very rude of me!). I like the colour scheme - simple is better 99% of the time I think. Bone and blue goes well together, better than I'd have guessed in fact.

Oh! You're cool! With everything going on, I'm just glad that people have enough bandwidth to check in on this thread. Thank you! I'm glad that you like it. As I have been nearing the end of this project, I have been spending a little more time on the fluff aspect of this chapter, and less on the painting.