Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Year Open Day Reveals - Shadowsun leak, Pg.1

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,985 posts

80900007_2510871475900143_62592418254296

TOMORROW, we're bringing you a preview that's both great and good – join us at 9:30 GMT to make sure you don't miss it!

Let us know what you're hoping to see in the comments...

Gosh, I think it might be something Tau related.

EDIT:

And here's the leaked Shadowsun.

image0.jpg

uIHpBUr.png

Edited by Joe, 03 January 2020 - 06:44 PM.

• Noserenda, Aothaine, Borbarad and 4 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts
The new plastic Shadowsun looks cool. Definitely beefier wrists like Crisis but she still looks sleek. The armor is a nice balance of tough and feminine. Paintjob has the black parts "pop" more. Maybe they will show the pic I saw.
  • Triszin likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Good old GW, previewing PA book 5 before PA book 4 is up for preorder

In any case, it will be good to have confirmation of what faction(s) are opposing the Tau (presumably/hopefully DG). A plastic Shadowsun, if the above post is correct, would also be nice to see.

• mydrum, Juggernut, Archaeinox and 2 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

The new plastic Shadowsun looks cool. Definitely beefier wrists like Crisis but she still looks sleek. The armor is a nice balance of tough and feminine. Paintjob has the black parts "pop" more. Maybe they will show the pic I saw.

Sounds awesome.

I'm hoping she also builds a generic hq choice now

Edited by Triszin, 03 January 2020 - 04:07 PM.

• Dracos likes this
banana

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

More than one month waiting and we still have no leaked rules for PA4, it's going to piss me off if they don't preview something this week end.

• Juggernut and Kervin40k like this

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
The PA books have largely been niche so I dont mind them doing 5 already, 4 fell victim to Christmas a bit

Didnt they say before PA5 was February or was that just us assuming it was one a month?

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts

What pic and where?...

I'd have guessed plastic shadowsun or farsight.

Be awesome to see cc suits/ kroot/ auxillaries but I'll hold my breath.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

I saw a thing and I cannot share it. There was also a sisters mortifier with iron maiden sarcophagus front. I suspect this image will show up for reveals on the site. 

I know it sucks but if the img got out I probably wouldn't get any more info in the future.

Edited by Archaeinox, 03 January 2020 - 04:32 PM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts

I saw a thing and I cannot share it. There was also a sisters mortifier with iron maiden sarcophagus front. I suspect this image will show up for reveals on the site.

I know it sucks but if the img got out I probably wouldn't get any more info in the future.

No worries.

Just Shadowsun I assume? Same style suit or summats new?

Anything new is good :) (or old updated!)
Hidden Content

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

That makes sense. Any word on who the T'au are facing in PA5? 

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

We’ve seen the Mortifier already, or was it different to this one?

49322974307_a9d56c3e98_b.jpg

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Sure, it's the same thing, but what I saw in the picture had a really feminine iron maiden sarcophagus on the front. :)

That makes sense. Any word on who the T'au are facing in PA5? 

Sorry nothing like that yet. 

Edited by Archaeinox, 03 January 2020 - 04:39 PM.

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

I don't know if there is more coming, or if it is even for the Psychic Awakening book. I'm just going off the mini in a pic and how it is apparently connected to Open Day reveals on the site. Maybe that last part is wrong, but it makes sense now with the tau symbol they showed so that's what I'm rolling with. The armor has aesthetic similarities to the current sculpt, but it is much more in line with Ghostkeel/Coldstar as far as updated sleekness goes. If you like Tau you will probably like this. She's Thicc.

Edited by Archaeinox, 03 January 2020 - 04:45 PM.

• Focslain and 01RTB01 like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Did anyone actually see shadowsun or is this another case of 'Rogal Dorn with Machine Gun hand is coming'

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

It's definitely real. I also had the two recent Ritual of the Damned short stories on .pdf and shared tidbits around B&C days before GW uploaded them.

Edited by Archaeinox, 03 January 2020 - 04:48 PM.

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts

In any case, it will be good to have confirmation of what faction(s) are opposing the Tau (presumably/hopefully DG). A plastic Shadowsun, if the above post is correct, would also be nice to see.

Makes sense they've already shown off the model for PA4, and the people that care about it are already invested now they got to build up the Tau hype.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts

I don't know if there is more coming, or if it is even for the Psychic Awakening book. I'm just going off the mini in a pic and how it is apparently connected to Open Day reveals on the site. Maybe that last part is wrong, but it makes sense now with the tau symbol they showed so that's what I'm rolling with. The armor has aesthetic similarities to the current sculpt, but it is much more in line with Ghostkeel/Coldstar as far as updated sleekness goes. If you like Tau you will probably like this. She's Thicc.

Cheers dude
  • Archaeinox likes this
Hidden Content

andes

andes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Evil Suns, Imp. Fists, T'au

There's something particularly organic going on behind the T'au icon in the promo picture above. You can see bits of it around the edges and through the glitches. They look Tyranid-esque to my eye, but I could be persuaded to see them as Nurgly bits given recent rumors...

Commander Dawnstar

Commander Dawnstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,152 posts
  • Faction: Ksi'm'yen.

Honestly ... kinda don't want a new Shadowsun. I'll absolutely take it, but I'd much rather have a new character/unit entirely - preferably not from T'au Sept.

Still excited.

• Panzer, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and quasistellar like this

gallery_48988_15465_42927.pnggallery_48988_15465_1202.pnggallery_48988_15465_21744.png

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,666 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

This sounds like the XV9 suit, or a modification there of. Either way I'm going to hold off on mine until this reveal as I might have to get me half a dozen for my current project.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,985 posts

Aha, there she is.

image0.jpg

• Noserenda, DeadFingers and Aztek like this

mkbKIlr.png

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Very cool for Shadowsun fans! I do hope we get to see something of Lazarus's rules though. Oh wow she's quite beefy.

Edited by Aztek, 03 January 2020 - 05:26 PM.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The same happened for PA2 and PA3 actually. You can tell from those which books are "fillers" and which are more "important" i guess.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Pretty cool redesign. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I like it - restrained and faithful to the old design. The added heft is a welcome addition

• Lucerne likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users