Rogue Trader C100 Marines - a small platoon in progress.

Xanthier

Lately it's all been about Adeptus Titanicus for me, so for a small palette cleanser, and admittedly because I've basically run out of new stuff to paint, I recently I painted a Brother Craig, or 'Johnny' as he's sometimes known, and it was great fun.

So, I decided to dig through my older stuff and rustle up a small platoon for him to go along with. As it turns out I had just about enough C100 marines to give it a go.  I now have another regular C100, a Techmarine and a Medic in the post. Just need to sort a force weapon, and acquire a communications marine and I'm good to go in terms of bodies, though some spare marine crew too wouldn't go amiss.

I'm thinking of converting up a Contemptor Dreadnought to go with them, plus some little scout vehicles using the new GW ridgerunners as I like the aesthetic.

7AUoF1O.jpg
82WGMsd.jpg
TrtDBYW.jpg

hitMj9U.jpg

Cheers! I painted the first C100 marine this evening and I'm enjoying how he came out. The bigger lenses mean the green pops more and he fits pretty well on a 32mm base.

YRZGzKD.jpg
I5LGqCf.jpg
9OY3eka.jpg

Over the weekend I'm aiming to paint 4 more to get the first squad of 5 finished up.

Thanks everyone! The comments are really motivating, cheers! The models are older than me too.

I managed to finish the next 4, so the first squad of 5 are done. That brings me up to 6 total infantry finished, with 14 left to go.

W9ctFUZ.jpg
kXc2lSG.jpg
bqMMWdY.jpg

I'm still trying to source a Communications Marine and some of the upper torsos from bike riders to add to the scout vehicle(s). I think I've worked out what I'll make the 'big thing' to add to the army, should be pretty fun.

Glad to hear it guys!

I finished up the sarge for the second squad, on the right. Chopped his head and arm off to repose them a bit just to at least make it slightly different and only had to use a small amount of green stuff to change the central hose.

lT69iBd.jpg

Also managed to get reasonably far on these next 4. Mostly metal/armour highlights left plus lenses and foliage to finish them up.

tlIXxSl.jpg

It's really cool to see old RT era models, specially a full squad so nicely painted! When I went through my aunts garage and got all my old 40k models I found a RT Leman Russ model, I never had the wolves that went with it. Actually got it in a horse trade for some other models, was for some fantasy models I never played with so it worked out for me.

Cheers Mandragola! The old Leman Russ is pretty nice, did you ever paint him up Kolgrim?

I got the next batch finished quicker than anticipated. For the second sarge, on the right, I wanted a bit of variation to lopped off his head and arm for a bit of a pose change, then redid the central hose with a bit of greenstuff so it matched up.

Ueq4qtb.jpg
mASIJNy.jpg
V0fphZl.jpg

A group shot so far -
2aQeNOa.jpg

I've had some luck sourcing models to help round out this army, so there's only a few things left to get if all goes well. Up next will probably be yet more infantry for now with the C100 captain among them.

He was actually already painted when I got him in the trade so I just kept him as is cause it was better painted than what I could do. I just keep him on my computer desk like a mini statue, the only touch up to it I could see would be the rim on the base just touching it up with white, other than that he's pretty good where he is. Here's a pic,

Leman Russ (Rogue Trader era)

I think that you have done a wonderful job on these. As an old timer who remembers these from the first time around I think you have really done these justice and it's fantastic how you have breathed fresh life into these ancient models. :tu:

Thanks guys! It's great hearing that from you Doghouse, I remember back when you helped pioneer true scaling and I followed along botching my own attempts at it!

Only one more done today, but not counting LE2 who I don't own, it's the last unique C100 sculpt - the Captain.

dWhIaiD.jpg

wWyiPaM.jpg

DT1dk3P.jpg

This guy has an impressively detailed face, fantastic model.

Thanks, the hand was a bit of a weird one in that bizarre kinda way.

Been soldiering on here and there and got 4 more basic dudes painted and also the (likely) leader of the force itself, the Librarian. I've not painted a power sword in a while, so I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Does make me want to go buy an airbrush though, would have been quicker.

I also thought it'd be interesting taking pics of the painting process for the troopers during one session.

YnhtvzH.jpg

3gxQKoF.jpg

SDRqs6l.jpg

8QP5Ucs.jpg

vzagXkP.jpg

i94tqL0.jpg

Cheers Midnightmare - the sword was painted Warpstone Glow and I just used lots of layers of very thin black or Moot Green, depending on which end, to gradually build up the colour. Then just edge highlighting and scratches in white.

I've been busy and managed to complete up the next part of the project, the first scout vehicle -

z71avg1.jpg

iUkO4yJ.jpg

0eWTJ6H.jpg

The plan is to have 4 of these total, as well as another 2 quad bikes to join the first one, though now I need to find more crew and riders. Haven't had much luck on the trading groups yet, but finger's crossed.

All that's left to paint now, from the initial plan, is 3 more Ridgerunners (which arrived this morning), 2 more Wolfquads (which are in the post), a Techmarine and a Medic, both of whom are on the painting block next.

If anyone sees some RT space marine bike riders around, let me know!

I have to admit that those old Marines always looked a bit too goofy to me from a modern perspective, but oh boy have you managed to sell them to me! The gritty, realistic paintjob really does wonders for their overall look, and that tank conversion is totally Rogue Trader while still seeming pleasantly modern. Fantastic job all around! :)