Wishlisting for Guard Updates

Most of what I'd like to see has been mentioned by other posters so I'll say models and rules for Canid units, preferably in the fast attack slot. Ever since that Regimental Standard article I've been in love with the idea of dogs in the Guard.

I really would like to see Canids as well.  I can't handle it when (friendly) animals die in movies though, I am not really sure how that would translate to the tabletop......Hopefully more of a John Wick style reaction instead of a depressed and sad one though.

With that said I would have to agree with some of the others here.  A DIY regiment system would be nice (Lucifer Blacks or a merc company for me).  Also to agree with the OP, an expanded or more flexible order system would be amazing.

It goes quite a bit outside the scope of the thread, but when considering the toughness of our super heavies, I want GW to actually use a much wider range of toughness values for vehicles and monsters.  Instead of T6-T8, go up to about T12 with things like Land Raiders and Baneblade getting T12.  Plasma would still be effective against the light stuff, but falls off, while things like lascannons and melta would be adjusted to higher strength values.  For example, Melta could be S11, but at half range could be S12 (in addition to other benefits).  Essentially,  GW has this design space, they should use it.

Another change, which is compatible with the one above, would be to tone down the amount of invulnerable saves in the game.  When it comes to BaneBlades, I actually don't want them to get invuln saves and would rather they had a 2+ armor save and more wounds.