Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 5 - The Greater Good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
372 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,589 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Short Stories
- Beyond The Startide Nexus
- Oppressor's End

Shadowsun reveal trailer:

5ef6a423.jpg

qoB9pxO.png

Shadowsun drops in alongside the release of book 5 of Psychic Awakening, titled “The Greater Good”, but we’ll have to wait a little bit longer before we find out who the T’au will be up against.

1Ezeisq.png?1

ucvnPTV.png

Whoops.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 20 January 2020 - 01:06 PM.

• Silas7 likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,804 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Yea, I dunno why they don’t just say it’s GSC when you can see them in the photos. 

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Love that she can be part of any T'au force now. That means two things for me:

1. she'll completely replace my Quadfusion Commander with Iridium Suit and Dynamic Mirror Field
  2. the Dynamic Mirror Field can go back to my Coldstar Commander (no fusion blasters there, don't worry ;) ), however that means I regret having him as my painting project right now because it means I'm going to change his colour scheme (all kinds of stealth suits get a special paintjob in my army) sweat.gif

Anyway, I'm glad to hear she got upgunned as well. Nobody took her for her weapons etc these days. She was all about the second Kauyon and the Command-link Drones. With special Fusion Blasters she hopefully becomes a decent choice for that alone already. I don't think the Flechette Launcher or the Light Missile Pod will be worth mentioning though. So far Flechette weapons have always sucked and a single light version of a Missile Pod won't put a dent into anything.

Only negative things I have to say about her is:

• they waste a LOT of posing potential by having the second pair of arms be exactly parallel to the regular arms
  • the half-helmet head looks dumb as hell AND makes no sense.

• Triszin, Bryan Blaire, 01RTB01 and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,682 posts
Chance of Tau-hybrids??

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

Very unlikely.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

<p>

[*]they waste a LOT of posing potential by having the second pair of arms be exactly parallel to the regular arms
[/list]

Looking at her a bit more I don't think she had a separate, second pair of arms. Plus unless she is going to be corrupted by GSC the 4 arm look is not really a tau thing.

It looks like what we have been calling the second pair of arms are attached to her normal ones like an exo suit to support additional weight from the weapons so are just part of her normal arms rather than a second pair.

It does not help that the housing for the flechette barrels is the same as the on protecting her hand, it would be better if they were different.

Edit: photos on Facebook show I'm wrong about this. :(

Edited by klisof, 04 January 2020 - 11:34 AM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

<p>

[*]they waste a LOT of posing potential by having the second pair of arms be exactly parallel to the regular arms
[/list]

Looking at her a bit more I don't think she had a separate, second pair of arms. Plus unless she is going to be corrupted by GSC the 4 arm look is not really a tau thing.

It looks like what we have been calling the second pair of arms are attached to her normal ones like an exo suit to support additional weight from the weapons so are just part of her normal arms rather than a second pair.

It does not help that the housing for the flechette barrels is the same as the on protecting her hand, it would be better if they were different.

T'au are all about innovation and moving forward, so if they think a second pair of arms is the new :cuss they will do it, GSC or not. ;) 

Also I don't agree. It looks very much like a second pair of arms attached to her back with their own shoulderpads and everything. From the text the Flechette Launcher sounds more like something you can take instead of the light Missile Pod, so it would the on top of her right Fusion Blaster, not something on the arms.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,682 posts

Very unlikely.

I don’t want to derail the thread but is that a “fluffwise unlikely” or....?
I don’t even know if the question is derailing, as if it’s GSC vs Tau then presumably they are having to deal with infiltration during the events of PA5...?

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Tau-sun.jpg

Tau-sun-1.jpg

Tau-sun-2.jpg

Edited by Brother-serpent Tylydox, 04 January 2020 - 11:24 AM.

• Panzer likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,589 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Chance of Tau-hybrids??

Most likely a planet(s?) with a very heavy Gue'vesa presence. Might see Tau-hybrids talked about in the fluff, but not shown.
  • MaulerUK likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,317 posts
Awesome.

Love the fact they've taken her as supreme commander further. That's superb.

I don't play tau any more (in theory
...) But I'll be grabbing o'shassera for painting and it'd be rude to not get her some friends. (I adore ghostkeels!)

Stunning model

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

<p>

[/list]

T'au are all about innovation and moving forward, so if they think a second pair of arms is the new :cuss they will do it, GSC or not. ;)
Also I don't agree. It looks very much like a second pair of arms attached to her back with their own shoulderpads and everything. From the text the Flechette Launcher sounds more like something you can take instead of the light Missile Pod, so it would the on top of her right Fusion Blaster, not something on the arms.

I'm totally wrong about the arms, just seen photos on Facebook from a different angle and it exactly like you said. They are a completely separate pair.
  • Panzer likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

Very unlikely.

I don’t want to derail the thread but is that a “fluffwise unlikely” or....?
I don’t even know if the question is derailing, as if it’s GSC vs Tau then presumably they are having to deal with infiltration during the events of PA5...?

Fluff-wise it would be perfectly fine. They have been experimenting with GSC on one planet which then they've lost contact to for some reason after all. However I don't think GW will be going into that direction. It would be like having a chaos corrupted version of everything and having a full model line for each of the AM homeworlds etc.

Lots of things they can do but probably won't for one reason or another. Some things are better left for converters and kitbashers I guess. sweat.gif

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,374 posts

Oh wow so she's not one but two Rumour Engines.

RumourEngine-Aug6-Content2jvhwg.jpg

First previously established character/character with a previous model to have more than one Rumour Engine. Cypher and Drazhar only got one each.

Chance of Tau-hybrids??

I'd like to see that even if it's just a passing mention in the lore. It should be interesting.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,317 posts
Garro has shared box and sprue on Facebook.

She clearly has two DIFFERENT weapons, one on each arm plus the light missile pod on one arm.

The two fusion weapons are different in both aesthetic and function.

(Would put pics here, don't know how :( ) plus it's 5am local time and I want sleep :(

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,317 posts
Drones:

MV37 advanced guardian drone
MV62 command link drone

Right arm - high energy fusion blaster
Left arm - dispersed fusion blaster

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Deathwatch second novel involves collaboration between imperial and tau to produce a tau hybrid.

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Don't know how to post a direct image either, as it always says I don't have permission. But here's Valrak's twitter with the sprues for Shadowsun and Lazarus.

https://twitter.com/...405655257767939

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,804 posts

She clearly has two DIFFERENT weapons, one on each arm plus the light missile pod on one arm.

(Would put pics here, don't know how sad.png ) plus it's 5am local time and I want sleep sad.png

The sprue has 2 of each type of fusion weapon (the backs are the different part, and there’s 2 of each back). 

• Aztek likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

(Would put pics here, don't know how sad.png ) plus it's 5am local time and I want sleep sad.png

Drones:

MV62 command link drone

Interesting. So you can't double down on either anti-tank or anti-heavy infantry since it's not just a different mode for her Fusion Blasters. Somewhat meh but I guess it depends on the actual profile of her new weapons.

The advanced guardian drone is a nice addition. So I guess she now has a 5++ or even a 4++ in addition to the hit modifier as long as the Drone is around. This will make her a lot more durable but has a similar problem as the Ghostkeel and their Stealth Drones.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,804 posts

Drones:

MV62 command link drone

Interesting. So you can't double down on either anti-tank or anti-heavy infantry since it's not just a different mode for her Fusion Blasters. Somewhat meh but I guess it depends on the actual profile of her new weapons.

The advanced guardian drone is a nice addition. So I guess she now has a 5++ or even a 4++ in addition to the hit modifier as long as the Drone is around. This will make her a lot more durable but has a similar problem as the Ghostkeel and their Stealth Drones.

I think the box is just showing the two options, they aren’t actually on the same model. The 360 in the video has her with 2 of the same type (the Dispersed one). And there’s 2 of each in the kit. Whether you can mix and match, I’m not sure, but you can definitely double down on one. 

• Panzer likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

Drones:

MV62 command link drone

I think the box is just showing the two options, they aren’t actually on the same model. The 360 in the video has her with 2 of the same type (the Dispersed one). And there’s 2 of each in the kit. Whether you can mix and match, I’m not sure, but you can definitely double down on one. 

Just saw the picture. Very nice!

Though now I don't know whether I want to build her as anti-tank or as anti-heavy infantry. :D 

Also I think it's pretty much the first named character with options? Interesting approach of GW.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,845 posts

Also for the people who were concerned about how she could fit into the suit since the legs are pretty far apart ... GW has anticipated that concern. It appears her new suit is a lot bigger than a regular Stealth Suit and is halfway to a Crisis Suit already.

81310011_2774241129263132_61488774910931

• Noserenda, Battybattybats, Kelborn and 3 others like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,317 posts
It's the back ends of them that determines the weapon. Are there two sets of cannisters

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,091 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.

Why does she have a "nose"? huh.png

• totgeboren likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)