Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 5 - The Greater Good

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
My first impression upon seeing Shadowsun was that her reaction upon seeing Genestealers was “4 arms uh? Hey, I want two more! - But miss we... - Just do it!”
  • MaulerUK and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,557 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

I'd like to think the arms act independently if needed (like warmachine's rear arm in the vid)  i.e. shadowsun could pick up a wounded TA'U warrior in her arms and run with them whilst her "upper arms" keep pointing and shooting at targets chosen by her H.U.D ... ,perhaps GW just modelled her with her arms in sync with the upper ones for aesthetic reasons or just a lazy designer ermm.gif ...

anyways no matter what people think ...we have a "NEW" Plastic model  and every TA'U Faction (army) can take her wub.gif .... 

Something for the Greater Good happy.png 

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

The death guard sounded so menacing in this until their weapons fire was described as sounding "wet".

That notwithstanding I'm looking forward to the narrative of this book moreso than any other PA so far.

To be fair "wet" covers a whole range of sounds.  To me that could be the bark of an ordinary boltgun followed by a rather off-putting splattering sound as whatever pus or fluid is excreted by the Marine or weapon itself dribbles out of the barrel in the wake of the bolt round.  Sometimes if someone wants something to be horrific they need to nudge it in that direction teehee.gif sick.gif

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,398 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Edit: nevermind

Edited by DuskRaider, 15 January 2020 - 01:29 PM.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts

can someone fill me in on which expansion ended up on the Baal side of Nhilus? IF PA 5 is a 3 faction book of T'au, DG and GSC, could one section be T'au vs DG nearish Ultramar and the other T'au vs GSC's involved with Hive Fllet Leviathan?

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts

waait.. before that becomes a rumor, thats just my speculation/theorising etc. no inside knowledge.. made up names for the last 3

edit; I really should have put a disclaimer in the image.

Edited by TheMawr, 15 January 2020 - 01:31 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,459 posts
Well we'll know in 2~ weeks if it is accurate.

Already disproven!

Edited by Triszin, 15 January 2020 - 01:30 PM.

banana

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,398 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

waait.. before that becomes a rumor, thats just my speculation/theorising etc. no inside knowledge.. made up names for the last 3

You've wrecked my hopes and dreams. Thanks for nothing, pal.

I saw it posted on Facebook.
  • TheMawr likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts

Im sorry for that busted hope, damn internet moves fast with things.

Honestly the reality cant be that far off though. ( it could be that harlequins dont get any coverage anymore and are considered part of book 1 for example)

Because for any other combinations you can make sense off, you are left off with combinations that do not. (for example deathwatch vs daemons, harlequins vs chaos knights are extremely unlikely matchups.)

However the rumors of greater good being a 3way battle featuring 2 antagonists kind of destroys the 9 books for 9 antagonists theory wich my entire list is based on.

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

can someone fill me in on which expansion ended up on the Baal side of Nhilus? IF PA 5 is a 3 faction book of T'au, DG and GSC, could one section be T'au vs DG nearish Ultramar and the other T'au vs GSC's involved with Hive Fllet Leviathan?

The 4th SE I do believe.

Aias

Aias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts
  • Faction: Legion XX - Alpha Legion

Yeah, the 4th Sphere got pulled into the warp when the Cicatrix Maledictum erupted, and they were scattered across the galaxy. A majority of them ended up near where the Startide Nexus terminates in Imperium Nihilus, but others went elsewhere including the group near Baal itself.

gallery_48988_16053_12222.pnggallery_48988_15465_15917.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_3115.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pnggallery_29004_10383_3079.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,697 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Yeah, the 4th Sphere got pulled into the warp when the Cicatrix Maledictum erupted, and they were scattered across the galaxy. A majority of them ended up near where the Startide Nexus terminates in Imperium Nihilus, but others went elsewhere including the group near Baal itself.

There's no mention of them being scattered through the galaxy. The group "near Baal" is the group at the Startide Nexus. It's in the red scar.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,614 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

I will not start chaos corrupted tau auxiliaries. I will not start chaos corrupted tau auxiliaries. I will not start chaos corrupted tau auxiliaries.

Really though cool short, very 40k. As others have said I really like that you can use tau as an audience surrogate to the horrors of the universe, it’s really effective here.

I'm looking forward to seeing what background material they come up with, as the backstory for my Traitor Guard involves them being formerly under the sway of the Tau. 
As you said, the Tau really bring an effective canvas to remind of why the 40k universe is such an awful place. Tolerance of minorities like witches and mutants can have some (un)expected consequences!

But I'm a bit confused about the new Shadowsun model? At first I though book 5 would have some sort of 'hybrid' theme, with the postergirl being a Tau with a nose and 4 arms, but now it doesn't seem like that. She just has a nose, and 2 extra arms (of questionable utility)?

Still, kinda neat model, though I don't expect to see the half-helm on any table anywhere. :P

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users