2020 Imperial Backlog Clearance Project

Cleon

A little lack of focus over the last couple of weeks causes a few things to complete at once, bringing to a finsih the Dark Angels project (for now), The Banner will get a revisit to add some of the decals from the KS one of the members here is currently working on delivering, but otherwise the darker colours of thee sons of the Lion have shown up I need to sort out a proper light area for pictures.

DA Inter

DA Di

DA cchar

Also have made some decent progress on the three Space Wolf characters and the other squad of Sisters.

Sister of Silence Flamer squad finished:

FLSisters

FLSisters3

Now got some more ad mech (last robots and the Katphrons) built along with the wolf guard, but constant wind/rain has delayed undercoating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the Sisrters were fun to paint, the only issue is I have with them is the models are too posed and there are only 5 scuplts, putting a hard cap on the number I'd ever want - even a second five of either type would start to look samey and with the double handed weapons there just isn't the room for easy reposes.

We had a few weeks of pretty poor weather (too windy or continuous drizzle when still) so I couldn't undercoat for a while, so I picked something off the 'sprayed' pile - traitor guard from Blackstone Fortress:

traitors

Now got my spraying done, the final robots and the Wolf guard Terminators in progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll have the 5th done this year - although I might shift their remaining intercessor squad to another company if heavy Intercessors come out in time...

Got the Kataphrons done, but my pictures came out rubbish and i's too hot for me to want to try again, so I'll take better ones when I get the Assault intercessors who somehow snuck into the queue done...

Kataphrons

Ass Int

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I'm enjoying the space wolves, as a bit of a clean slate - They don't have to fit in with any existing models so I'm more free to try out new things on them.

On that note, the other 5 Blood Caws sort of done.... I can't find the Space Wolves decal sheet I bought and I've used all the ones from the DrakeSlayers ones fro the Stormclaw set. I know I put the envelope somewhere safe so it wouldn't get bent before I needed them... I just wish I'd noted where.

I'll retake the picture once I find the decals as it's a bit dark.

Claws2

• 2 weeks later...

It continues to rain, so progress is pretty good as there isn't much else to do...

The new Melta chaps (Eradicators, Eradicaters, not quite sure?)

Er

And the last of the Wolf Packs (still can't find my other Krom decals...)

Gh

Edited by Cleon

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

More delays, but more progress. Apparently I'm an idiot - putting the Space Wolf decals with My HH Blood Angels sheet made perfect sense apart from when looking for it I saw the BA sheet and moved on to the next box, d'oh...

Anyway,,,

ThunderWolves:

Thunderwolves

The other Dominus and Datasmith:

Mech chars

And The other Inceptors (to be attached to the bases when I next open a new superglue (plastic glue does not work, stupid stupid bases)

Inceps

A little more progress, the other five Blood Angel Hellblasters done. Progress is a bit random at the moment, I've got more batches on the go than I normally would and I'm just painting whatever of those takes my fancy.

I know primaris space marines are big, but I can't help feeling these are a little bit out of scale with those guardsmen behind them. ;)

Impressive work getting through your backlog like this!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my first experient with the impulse purchase lightbox are an absolute failure, I need to rethink how the angles of the light, camera and models interact, but I was working at 5am this morning and I really can't be bothered this evening, so the dark pictures ill have to do for now.

Space wolf Project complete (for my declared backlog, I did pick up some more cheap pack marines recently and want to scrape together enough spare Heavy weapons from my Blood Angels to knock together some Long Fangs.) with the 5 Intercessors:

Swp

And finished off the BA squad, so that's the last of my Phobos armour done.

bainf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You really should photograph the models under better lighting, so we can see them as the results of your efforts, instead of reddish blurs in a gray background. (I know you set them against a white background, to provide contrast- good job on your part- but the poor lighting darkens it and blurs details on your models.)