Tips on painting the Alpha Legion?

nusphigor

Hello guys

I was looking for some tips on how to paint alpha legion but all i found is the metallic light blue version. Do you guys know which paints to use with a non metallic version?

A deep blue or a light one and then add green?

Cheers

You can do the Heresy era Alpha Legion (like there's just one lol) which is dark blue and silver trim with white Hydra symbols on the shoulder pad. Use Macragge Blue and shade it down with Drakenhof Nightshade. White Scar for the Hydra Symbols and a light silver for trim (Leadbelcher works if you're careful).

Hello guys

I was looking for some tips on how to paint alpha legion but all i found is the metallic light blue version. Do you guys know which paints to use with a non metallic version?

Cheers

I've used Stegadon Scale Green with a Coelia Green Shade for non-metallic Alpha Legion, and still do for my Cultists. You can check out Excessus' cracking stuff for non-metallic Alpha Legion.

I've never tried it personally, but I feel like GW's recipe for the Thousand Sons could look quite nice: Thousand Sons Blue shaded with Nuln Oil or Drakenhof Nightshade, then highlighted with Ahriman Blue and Fenrisian Grey.

Thank you guys.

I will give it a shot and see what happens

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/alphalegionforums/how-to-paint-alpha-legion-pre-post-anti-meh-style-t2092.html#p23137951

Here's a link to someone with the same name as you doing what you want to do.

Welcome to the Alpha Legion.

Thank you, brother.

Yes, that was me but i got so sick of that scheme i ended up selling the whole army.

Yet, the hydra is strong i suppose...

Thank you guys.

I will give it a shot and see what happens

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/alphalegionforums/how-to-paint-alpha-legion-pre-post-anti-meh-style-t2092.html#p23137951

Here's a link to someone with the same name as you doing what you want to do.

Welcome to the Alpha Legion.

Thank you, brother.

Yes, that was me but i got so sick of that scheme i ended up selling the whole army.

Yet, the hydra is strong i suppose...

I actually remember copying your scheme for a while! It's really nice, but I'm guessing you want to paint something different now?

Controversial Opinion - you can always do the tried and true method of painting whatever colors you want and say it's Alpha Legion .

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: I guess that is true, but the in end up again in the loop of changing colour schemes every month or so 

I have been trying to paint some mkIII marines which you can see in here if you want to :)

Hey Nus!

I use a base of Stegadon Green with highlight of Sotek Green and tip it off with Sybarite Green in my latest colour scheme (colour scheme 6.0...probably not the last one...) if you need inspiration. Are you looking for a dark or light blue?

Though I often use an airbrush nowadays, at least for my heresy stuff...

gallery_61265_13297_105500.jpg

I know the focus was on darker schemes, but now seemed like a good time to share this link for a non-metallic pre-heresy style scheme: 

Though I haven't personally used this style, I really like it.

But for me, I am and always will be a sucker for the color shifting metallic style. Been addicted to it ever since I found my recipe. 

FwxqDdMm.jpg?1

Hey Nus!

I use a base of Stegadon Green with highlight of Sotek Green and tip it off with Sybarite Green in my latest colour scheme (colour scheme 6.0...probably not the last one...) if you need inspiration. Are you looking for a dark or light blue?

Though I often use an airbrush nowadays, at least for my heresy stuff...

gallery_61265_13297_105500.jpg

Hey there mate! Long time no see.

Thats a really neat mini there!

Lets see, stegadon green, check

Sotek green, check

Need to get that sybarite green though...

I kinda want to start from a darker blue. I've been toying with macragge blue (the irony, i know...) shaded with druchii violet, but i got one kantor blue tonight, so i'll do more tests and maybe highlight it towards sotek green with moot green in some places (trying to not get overvoard with it this time).

I know the focus was on darker schemes, but now seemed like a good time to share this link for a non-metallic pre-heresy style scheme:

Though I haven't personally used this style, I really like it.

But for me, I am and always will be a sucker for the color shifting metallic style. Been addicted to it ever since I found my recipe.

FwxqDdMm.jpg?1

Really cool tutorial. That green glaze makes it feel kinda seabound. Like if the marine was a lot in the sea and mould would start to hang on to the armour. It certainly ties up to the hydra theme really well.

Thats a nice metallic scheme, reqlly well applied and eye catching.

Though not for me really

• 2 months later...

Hello guys

Cheers

ive been using Sotek Green with a Corelia Greenshade wash anc P3 Cold Steel for trim.

Archived