Changes in Primaris

sturguard

Hey folks,

I was wondering if any of you know of the rules changes in the latest SM codex regarding Primaris and what we might see. I am modelling a few select minis and just wanted to know if any of the lords/lieutenants/etc can equip radically different weapons?

Also, what is the change to drop pods that everyone is talking about?

Thanks!

Not really any major changes to primaris loadouts. Main change is intercessors can take hand flamers and thunder hammers. New dark angel may allow for a bolt carbine power fist build for primaris captains.

Drop pods and the embarked are exempt from the tactical reserve rule in matched play (they can drop turn one).

Edited by Black_Star

So all drop pods can drop turn 1?

I believe that's how it reads.

Primaris still can't get in Drop Pods though. I guess the harnesses won't fit and no one has gotten around to installing an expander and lowering the seat tops.

So would we be able to utilize those new drop pod rules or do we need to wait for our own codex to come out?

Drop pod rules are in faq/errata so you can use now

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/warhammer_40000_space_wolves_en-1.pdf

Edited by TiguriusX

And it's only Drop Pods as in the Drop Pod unit that's printed in the codex.

Deathstorm Drop Pods and Dreadnought Drop Pods do not get that rule (because GW either forgot or decided that they shouldn't get it?)

Thank you. So what were the overall changes to the SM codex that made it so good? It looks like the bolt rifles got an extra shot on all of them, it also looks like most of the primaris got an extra wound and an extra attack. Other changes?

Thank you. So what were the overall changes to the SM codex that made it so good? It looks like the bolt rifles got an extra shot on all of them, it also looks like most of the primaris got an extra wound and an extra attack. Other changes?

Doctrines dude....and super doctrines

Plus new and updated stratagems