Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Assistance on semi competitive custodes list.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MiniB1084

MiniB1084

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Imperial Fists
Hello, I'm planning out a custodes list that I can buy models to complete like a army roadmap of sorts. I currently own 7 Wardens, 5 Aquilons, a vexilla and a shield captain.
This is the list I was thinking but it doesn't include my Wardens. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve the list? Do I need the 2 caladius grav tanks? Or could I use my Wardens instead?

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [108 PL, 8CP, 1,995pts] ++

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike 163pts: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia, Superior Creation, Warlord
. Auric Aquilis

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike 163pts: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Troops

Custodian Guard Squad 150pts
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
. Custodian: Guardian Spear

Elites

Aquilon Custodians 405pts
. Aquilon Custodian: Lastrum Storm Bolter, Misericordia, Solarite power Gauntlet
. Aquilon Custodian: Lastrum Storm Bolter, Misericordia, Solarite power Gauntlet

Vexillus Praetor 124pts
Castellan Axe, Misericordia, Vexilla Magnifica

Fast Attack

Vertus Praetors 270pts
. Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter

Heavy Support

Caladius Grav-tank 210pts

Caladius Grav-tank 210pts

thanks very much
  • librisrouge and MustertheCustards like this

MustertheCustards

MustertheCustards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
In my opinion the grav tanks with the other turret option are the only ones worth it without Valroris' reroll 1s bubble. You could replace them for the Wardens and another banner to give you some flexibility with the teleport strategem. If you have imperial guard, the list runs so much smoother with a loyal 32, without being oppressive.

MiniB1084

MiniB1084

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Imperial Fists

Hello, thanks for the advice! with dropping the Grav tanks and replacing with wardens, I'm a bit uneasy with the lack of anti tank firepower. With the loyal 32 is their job to hold objectives and bolster numbers? Ive yet to play with my Custodes as Im still building the army and have been told they are best at point denial. What would be a good ally to bring for anti armour? my list currently consists of:

2x SC on Jetbike

3x 3-man Custodian Guard Squads

1x Vexillas Praetor

2x 3-man Aquilon Terminator Squads

1x 4-man Vertus Praetors

Total 1722 points

I also have 7-man Squad of Wardens that aren't on the list as mentioned previously along with 2 on foot SC's

Thanks very much     

• MustertheCustards likes this

MustertheCustards

MustertheCustards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
Here's my list.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [94 PL, 4CP, 1,761pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [5CP]

Open the Vaults (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 180pts]

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 165pts]: Salvo Launcher
. Auric Aquilis

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Elites +

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 123pts]: Misericordia, Storm Shield, Vexilla Magnifica

Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 123pts]: Misericordia, Storm Shield, Vexilla Magnifica

+ Fast Attack +

Pallas Grav-Attack [5 PL, 100pts]: Twin Arachnus Blaze Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Caladius Grav-tank [12 PL, 210pts]: Twin Illiastus Accelerator Cannon, Twin Lastrum Bolt Cannon

Caladius Grav-tank [12 PL, 210pts]: Twin Illiastus Accelerator Cannon, Twin Lastrum Bolt Cannon

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [13 PL, 8CP, 180pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Vostroyan

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Grand Strategist, Laspistol, Relic: The Laurels of Command, Warlord

Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 40pts]
. 9x Guardsman
. Sergeant: Laspistol

. 9x Guardsman

. 9x Guardsman

++ Reinforcements (Imperium - Inquisition) [4 PL, -1CP, 59pts] ++

+ HQ +

Inquisitor [4 PL, -1CP, 59pts]: Blade of the Ordo, Bolt pistol, Malleus - Psychic Mastery, Ordo Malleus, Power sword, Psyker, Stratagem: Inquisitorial Mandate

++ Total: [111 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

I deal with T8 by keeping important units out of range, or just riding hard on my saves. I use the the guard to screen for deepstrikers on my calladius tanks and for CP. If I don't need to worry about units getting close to my tanks I use the guardsman to take hits. I run the tanks with a banner and Valoris and try to capitalise on their 60 inch range. I also try to not to engage any unit that I can't bully. My list definitely has some weaknesses, but unless I'm dealing a ton of T8 it's usually got a shot at winning. I don't play ITC or ETC which plays vastly different from core 40k rules. Hope this helps.

Edited by MustertheCustards, 11 February 2020 - 12:50 PM.

MustertheCustards

MustertheCustards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Hello, thanks for the advice! with dropping the Grav tanks and replacing with wardens, I'm a bit uneasy with the lack of anti tank firepower. With the loyal 32 is their job to hold objectives and bolster numbers? Ive yet to play with my Custodes as Im still building the army and have been told they are best at point denial. What would be a good ally to bring for anti armour? my list currently consists of:

2x SC on Jetbike

3x 3-man Custodian Guard Squads

1x Vexillas Praetor
2x 3-man Aquilon Terminator Squads

1x 4-man Vertus Praetors

Total 1722 points

I also have 7-man Squad of Wardens that aren't on the list as mentioned previously along with 2 on foot SC's

Thanks very much

That's not a bad list, the aquilons, while making 9 imch charges out of deepstrike isn't consistent, can definitely mess up some high toughness units and sounds pretty fun. Running an Imperial Guard guard battalion will give you the CP to pop some of your good strategems. Such as swooping dive with a bike captain/ bike squad, and the teleport homer for your aquilons. It may be worth making one 6 man with the aquilons to make better use of teleport homer, running two three man squads for more versatility. Playing will give you a feel for what feels good to you. The army is very punishing for misplaying and isn't always the strongest, but it does well enough for me to have a good time. Your list doesn't look bad, just know some matchups will be really hard. If you don't play in a cut-throat meta/ aren't trying to win tournaments it should be a good time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users