Blood of Baal FAQ is out

toaae

Also no mention if BA and/or DA and SW and also Deathwatch can use the stuff from Faith and Fury.

There's no reason to assume they should. It's a supplement for Codex: Space Marines, not Codex: Blood Angels or Codex: Dark Angels etc.

Flesh Testers seem really lackluster. If their chapter tactic wasn't going to stack with the assault doctrine, they should have come up with a different chapter tactic, you know something useful the whole game that doesn't become moot as soon as you hit assault doctrine. As it stands an extra attack on a 6+ would've even been better, or even left the them with vanilla Red Thirst. Hell they could've done something really cool. Really, really cool. I would've actually liked to have seen Flesh Readers and Lamenters get some cool bespoke chapter tactic, and then a list of say six or so unique secondary chapter tactic, ranging fro Red Ultramarines, in the case of chapters like Blood Drinkers, to bat :cuss :cuss ing crazy for Flesh Eaters or Knights of Blood, that you could choose from. DA wouldn't need anything similar as they and their successors fight in very much the same way, maybe some bespoke bonus for DW and RW or DW/RW double wing, but they are unofficially the 1st Legion, with elements of the Inquisition accusing them of legion building. Space Wolves though could've gotten variences in chapter tactics based on the Great Companies. I like vanilla marines as much as the next guy, and aspire to collect that Salamanders army I've always dreamed about, but I get why some other armies *cough* Necrons *cough* and a few others get when it comes to this sort of thing. Not Aeldari though, they got plenty of faction options in PA 1. Also it worries me they're going to shoe horn some armies into the whole mono faction bonus paradigm. I think cheese soup is :cuss y, and anyone of fields the loyal thirty two to get CP for their Custodes or Knights sucks immensely, but some multi faction armies are fluffy and shouldn't be penalized. TS and DG, along with WE and EC when they get their standalones in 2035, should be able to ally with their chosen God's daemon units without hindrance, its fluffy and its flavorful. Long rant, basically just wanted to say I think the FT got the rough end of the stick.

Also thr Faith and Fury FAQ is out, but no mention of if Blood Angels can make use of its Rules.

And Chaplain Dreadnought from Forgeworld Imperial Armor is not updated to Allow for Blood Angels to use the New Litanies or Any Litanies for that matter with it.

There really doesnt need to be.  Page 32 says "The rules in this section supplement CODEX: SPACE MARINES..."  - its open and shut. 

Doesnt feel too bloated to me? 2 books isnt that bad, 3 if you want FW stuff too.

anyway. I put a comment on the FB post and its had quite a lot of likes (seems to be one of the most liked comments on the post actually).

They (the wh40k fb team) recommended i email again because it seemed like good feedback.

so i sent this:

Hi Guys,

There are still a few issues with BoB after the FAQ

- Stratagems are using old wording which makes things like taking relics incredibly CP intensive compared to Marines which doesn't make sense for a first founding chapter even if it were intentional.

- Mephiston has Artificer Armour, but no 5++, similarly Sanguinary Guard have Artificer Armour but no 5++ where apparently Artificer Armour comes with one now. (says so right in Blood of Baal).

- Blood Angels seem to not have the option to give special issue wargear to sergeants where other chapters do, this is odd because Blood Angels are the only chapter to have Artificer Armour on their sprue (muscle armour being the standard appearance of Artificer for Blood Angels). So of All chapters, it should be an option for them.

- Chapter Master reroll rule is the old wording, which is strictly worse, which is pretty poor for Dante who was already not stacking up too well to other chapter masters.

- Death Visions of Sanguinius should be opened up to primaris seeing as apparently they can succumb to the rage now.

- Still no clarity on if Blood Angels (or more importantly, their successors) can take the various character upgrade strats from faith and fury, really they should have the options because they're all things blood angels area meant to have too.

- Chaplain Dreadnaughts for Blood Angels still lack the ability to get litanies as the Codex Blood Angels FAQ didn’t get updated to allow them, which seems wrong.

- Can the double use of narthecium for Sanguinary Priests be used with primaris apothecary’s too?

The last couple are more of just a bit of a gripe honestly but still:

- Death Company Intercessors should really have an extra attack base, as an elite slot they don't stack up well currently, and its odd that a regular primaris marine has more attacks than a regular marine, but the same isn't true of death company.

- Considering all his lore, shouldn't Mephiston have gotten some benefit to actually casting Psychic powers? The events in BoB and also in the Dante and City of Light novels suggest (not even taking into account older stuff) have him as being incredibly powerful as a psyker compard to other librarians, so a rule like Tigarius' +1 to casting/deny would have been sensible.

However, thanks for fixing the typo in the book for lemartes and sanguinary priest.

Thanks

may be worth doing others. Wouldn't be the first time they've updated an FAQ.

Considering how many of us supposedly mailed them about BoB stuff and that they didn't address any of those things except for the stuff that was obviously a misprint so probably got caught after it got printed already I'm kinda losing faith in them actually reading our feedback mails. :sweat:

Yeah don’t think they’ll actually hand out more buffs with the relic stratagem, artificer armour on Meph and Sanguinary Guard (very good on a unit such as them! When you finally reach AP 4, that is) , and Primaris Sanguinary Priests. If they wanted to do that, they probably would have in the official book.

This was really more about the overlooked stuff, nothing got a power upgrade.

Also, the most use we could get out of PA2 would be the Techmarine? All the other characters are named for us I believe, so...yeah.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for it actually.

Personally I'm thinking that we'll have to wait for our 2.0 codex to get any of the stuff we're still "missing". I mean, why buy a codex if all it does is collect the rules you already own into one book? (I mean, I'd buy it just for the fluff and to piss off my wife, but I'm sure someone at GW made that argument...)

Yeah don’t think they’ll actually hand out more buffs with the relic stratagem, artificer armour on Meph and Sanguinary Guard (very good on a unit such as them! When you finally reach AP 4, that is) , and Primaris Sanguinary Priests. If they wanted to do that, they probably would have in the official book.

Also, the most use we could get out of PA2 would be the Techmarine? All the other characters are named for us I believe, so...yeah.

It's about successors. If I want to play my Carmine Blades as Carmine Blades I can't take any special characters.

Which only matters at GW sanctioned events. I can play my Carmine Blades as Blood Angels with different iconography anywhere else.

Semantics I know, but I can never play a true BA successor chapter. I'll just be worse at everything BA.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I'm disappointed about GW change on the Flesh Tearers Fury Within rule. It look completely, how to say it... well, dumb.

But it isn't without saying that i've been disappointed by Supplement as a whole. Not only the Fluff part was very light, with many errors of translation (i bought it in French^^) that have become so common unfortunately...but the Rules while being honest on the Blood Angels / Flesh Tearers side of the coin, were still full of holes, with some stratagems missings, and the noted absence of the Chapter Master / Master of Sanctity / Master of the Forges /Chief Librarian /....etc, Stratagems and Rules.

Personally, the supplement doesn't make it for the price i paid it, and it does not encourage me to buy any other supplement. No seriously 32,50 € for this, if it wasn't for Christmas i'm not certain i would have bought it.

(Also, regarding the number of stratagems that are "Primaris" oriented, if GW staff had use their brain a little further, they would have allow Primaris Captains to take Grenade Launcher. with their Bolter...you know...to use those special "relic" Grenades Blood Angels have.^^)

For my money, I’m betting Psychic Awakening is a test bed for 8.5/9th Edition.

They’re testing out what is popular/unpopular, what people protest about, what they don’t, etc...Units like Dante and the Baal Pred are deliberately going to suck so they can have selling points to yet another Codex. Like Gathering Storm, it’s a cash cow to milk us before the next major update which is supposedly coming this summer.

It's about successors. If I want to play my Carmine Blades as Carmine Blades I can't take any special characters.

Which only matters at GW sanctioned events. I can play my Carmine Blades as Blood Angels with different iconography anywhere else.

Semantics I know, but I can never play a true BA successor chapter. I'll just be worse at everything BA.

Makes sense, sometimes I don’t think about the successor chapters and overlook the problems created by the wording of GW rules/weird exclusion of rules. Fair enough.

They’re testing out what is popular/unpopular, what people protest about, what they don’t, etc...Units like Dante and the Baal Pred are deliberately going to suck so they can have selling points to yet another Codex. Like Gathering Storm, it’s a cash cow to milk us before the next major update which is supposedly coming this summer.

I wouldn't say so much that PA is a testbed but rather that it's a stopgap solution to give everyone something without having to give them a full Codex before the new edition comes around while also having the dual purpose of fleshing out the lacking background a little bit which they surely have gotten plenty complains about ever since Gathering Storm.

PA3 having such poor fluff content while the simultaneously released Dante and Mephiston novels have all the tasty fluff developments, the Dark Angels Primaris character being originally designed just as regular Primaris Captain for them and the super quick release schedule for PA1-3 (and probably the next ones as well once we get past the winter break) kinda supports the theory that they haven't originally planned to do something like that and are kinda winging it too. ^^

Edited by Panzer

I some what agree that P3 is a stopgap until the next rules iteration, but one thing that kind of bothered me was the reprinting of the Stratagem "Masterful Marksmanship". Comparing it to the codex version, it seems to be an update of the verbiage used in order to bring the strat inline with more current writing standards. With that in mind, it made me wonder why that strat in particular and none of the others from the V1 Codex  were reprinted. I don't really think its a copy pasta mistake, but more likely a sign that when a new codex is released for us, they want that strat in particular to carry over from the the original codex, along with those from PA3, but none of the rest of the V1 Codex strats, instead replacing them with whatever new abilities they want us to have. It is possible that we retain the good strats we currently have, so Visions, Forlorn, UWoF, etc..., but the reprinting of "Masterfull Marksmanship" makes me somewhat dubious.

I dont think it is, if 8.5/9th edition is going to be ready for summer this year, all the codex's will be done by now and and on the slow boat from China or at the printers ready to be shipped, it might be true if the next edition is a year or two away though.

I think PA is GW's way of trying to advance the story line (not something GW has a lot of experience with) with fluff while including something for the gamers to use so that everyone, fluff lover and gamer will buy it (that's just sound buisness sense tbh),

I think PA is GW's way of trying to advance the story line (not something GW has a lot of experience with) with fluff while including something for the gamers to use so that everyone, fluff lover and gamer will buy it (that's just sound buisness sense tbh),

PA isn't advancing the storyline though. We are already past the events of PA. PA is just fleshing out the timeskip.

PA isn't advancing the storyline though. We are already past the events of PA. PA is just fleshing out the timeskip.

So one might say, it's advancing the story in the systems the stories take place in? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...