Summoning daemons and key words question

UniWolf

If a unit of Daemons, lets say a unit of Bloodletters, are summoned what key words will they have? I understand they will have their respective mark of chaos, in this example Khorne, but will they have a legion key word? only asking because I like the idea of being able to summon something next to a greater possessed to get the +1S buff. 

Also while on the topic of the +1S buff, am I correct in thinking that obliterators weapon strength will be 6+D3+1 if within 6" of a greater possessed?

If a unit of Daemons, lets say a unit of Bloodletters, are summoned what key words will they have? I understand they will have their respective mark of chaos, in this example Khorne, but will they have a legion key word? only asking because I like the idea of being able to summon something next to a greater possessed to get the +1S buff. 

Also while on the topic of the +1S buff, am I correct in thinking that obliterators weapon strength will be 6+D3+1 if within 6" of a greater possessed?

You're incorrect on both counts. They don't gain a <LEGION> keyword just because they got summoned; in fact, summoned Daemons are WORSE than their Daemon detachment counterparts because they don't get Loci or Objective Secured for troops.

The Obliterators' base Strength characteristic is changed by the Greater Possessed buff. This would affect their Crushing Fists, not their Fleshmetal Guns, because (with the notable exception of the Venomcrawler) ranged weapons have their own Strength characteristic, separate from the user. The Greater Possessed does not affect the Strength characteristic of the user's weapons, it affects the Strength characteristic of the user. Unless the weapon's Strength characteristic reads as  "+n" instead of, for example, "n", or "n+Dn", it's unaffected by the buff because it doesn't use the user's Strength characteristic.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

It is worth noting, however, that in the Chaos Demons codex the Herald of Khorne give a similar buff that affects all Khorne demons, so those could be summoned or fielded as part of a Demon's detachment to buff your bloodletters.  Their benefit would also stack with the Greater Possessed's on squads that are able to benefit from both (such as Venomcrawlers and Possesseds).

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Summoned Daemons use the datasheet as is, no modifications are done unless the datasheet says explicitly that you can (ie: model count in the unit, banners, etc.) They are also not a part of any detachment, they are not even considered to be their own dettachment, and therefore receive no abilities based on detachment contents (ie: faction loci or objective secured rules for troops) nor do they grant access to strategems.

On one last note, I would like to point out that Daemons' faction loci (what you get for all units having the same god) are not a buff to all units the way legion traits are, it is actually an aura given to all characters in that detachment. Any unit with both the DAEMON keyword and the appropriate god keyword can benefit from the aura (including HERETIC ASTARTES if they have the matching keywords).

For example:

If you have an all KHORNE DAEMON patrol dettachment of a Bloodthirster, Flesh Hounds, and Bloodletters, the Bloodthirster will gain the Locus of Rage which is a 6" aura that Grant's charge re-rolls to all KHORNE DAEMON models. The other two units do not gain this ability, but can benefit from the aura if they are in range of the bloodthirster's aura. If you summon a new unit of Flesh Hounds or Bloodletters, they will still be able to benefit from the aura. If you were to summon another Bloodthirster, however, he would not gain the Locus of Rage ability because he is not from a detachment of all KHORNE DAEMONS, but again he can still benefit from the aura of the first Bloodthirster.

For example:

If you have an all KHORNE DAEMON patrol dettachment of a Bloodthirster, Flesh Hounds, and Bloodletters, the Bloodthirster will gain the Locus of Rage which is a 6" aura that Grant's charge re-rolls to all KHORNE DAEMON models. The other two units do not gain this ability, but can benefit from the aura if they are in range of the bloodthirster's aura. If you summon a new unit of Flesh Hounds or Bloodletters, they will still be able to benefit from the aura. If you were to summon another Bloodthirster, however, he would not gain the Locus of Rage ability because he is not from a detachment of all KHORNE DAEMONS, but again he can still benefit from the aura of the first Bloodthirster.

By the same token, a unit of Khorne Possessed or Obliterators would be able to benefit from a Locus of Rage aura as well, because they have the KHORNE and DAEMON keywords, despite not having the DAEMON faction keyword.