In a hypothetical future...

Dragonlover

Updated army wide traits for all 9 chaos space marine Legions with a mono bonus and a secondary mono bonus based on the legion. Each also getting their own psychic discipline would not hurt, while still having access to the basic ones. I feel like that's not asking for a lot considering, you know, loyalist got all that.

Pretty much just asking for some balance that doesn't involve souping against loyalist. I've yet to read a book with abbadon surrounded by cultist fighting with a ranged alpha legion gun line and some thousand sons sorcerers screened by nurgle demons, or Mortarion and Magnus hanging out together.

Edited by Putrid Choir

Guard sergeants with lasguns. 

Scions sergeants with hellguns. 

Also heavy Stubber heavy weapon teams.

Basically i'm really, really boring. 

That's okay. I'll be able to supply you with a few heavy stubbers left over from my earlier post! :D

Guard sergeants with lasguns. 

Scions sergeants with hellguns. 

Also heavy Stubber heavy weapon teams.

Basically i'm really, really boring. 

That's okay. I'll be able to supply you with a few heavy stubbers left over from my earlier post! :biggrin.:

You're right though, .50 cal machine guns just don't seem like a very Admech weapon. 

Oh! Sanguinary Priest in terminator armour.

That model could look so damned cool. 

Crew-served multilasers for Guard heavy weapon teams. Maybe not very effective but would look cool. (I think, had GW been designing the IG/AM range nowadays, we’d probably have seen multilasers as infantry weapons for Guard and left the heavy bolters as Marine weapons. Then again, it’d probably have been heavy stubbers all the way...!)

... where every unit in your codex has access to all the wargear in your codex, limited only by rule of cool and assuming that your opponent can take a 100% veto against anything too egregious if they want to (e.g battlecannons on guardsmen), what units do you build?

It's and interesting topic and reminds me of a guy I met that played Orks during, must have been 1st edition. In 97 or 98 we got together at his place for a game of second edition and he lost. It was his first game of that edition and likely his only game of that edition. He was kinda salty about not winning but had a good story of winning the first Jax Con with Orks. Seems he was able to loot the enemy models he had slain each game and that equipment would carry over to the next game. He eventually won, protecting his now better units with units that were essentially naked in front. The further forward the unit was the more expendable. I have no idea if this was true or not having never played first edition and nearly no understanding of the rules in that book. No one I knew was playing it by the time I got my hands on a copy so I just flipped through the pages and put it away as a novelty. 

But instead of building a unit I'd like to be able to loot every opponents dead in the same way. 

Failing that ... Shoota boys mobs with Kustom Mega Blastas.  Or slugga boys....but with Kill Saws! Actually no. I would need to see what the "best" weapon I could stick on boys was with a zero points cost. That's more like it.

Gravis captains making all gravis models troops, complete weapon compatibility between all gravis units (Aggressors having access to both Inceptor guns with the ability to fire them twice, gravis sergeants having access to melee weapons, 1 in 3 gravis being able to take a cyclone or assault cannon, plus new gravis support squad with ability to take power maul + multilaser/lasfusil loadout). Really, slot swaps with appropriate HQ should come back...

Berserker raptors, berserker terminators (like with base 5 strength, +1 attack) raptors with chain axes, berserker warp talons. Berserker hqs

If I could just give my berserkers jump packs and sprinkle in a few power weapons I'd be cool.

Grey knight terminators with two storm Bolters and nemesis force weapon of choice (or two of their special weapons plus nfw of choice).

Primaris squads where entire units have the grenade launcher.

Edit: regarding the world eaters, if I ever got into 30k, I would straight up make jump pack World Eaters legion. If they ever make 30k compatible with 8th, I'm going to make Jump Pack world eaters legion (and not in that candy ass "narrative, no points mode", that might as well be useless, I want to show up with this and be able to play).

Tau stealth suits with two weapon systems and able to take all weapon systems (missile pods, flamers, burst cannons, fusion blasters etc)

Edited by Trevak Dal

Primaris squads where entire units have the grenade launcher.

That would be pretty useless considering it only increases the range of the grenades you throw but doesn't allow you to throw more than one grenade per unit. Hence why nobody takes the second grenade launcher in their unit (also because combat squading is useless). ;) 

To hell with restrictions. If someone wants to spend 40 points giving every guardsman a lascannon with his t-shirt save and 4+ BS, I'd welcome it. This could make a fun little homebrew game-mode actually...

Lore friendly Marine list: Every Marine using either the Lieutenant or Captain statline. Give them all master crafted boltguns and/or power weapons... You'd have about 20 guys in your entire army, but they'd play like Marines are supposed to. Or, yknow. How Custodes kinda already do... :verymad:

Man, I really miss when things like artificer armour and bionics etc cost points, and you could customise HQ's to your heart's content.

Lore friendly Marine list: Every Marine using either the Lieutenant or Captain statline. Give them all master crafted boltguns and/or power weapons... You'd have about 20 guys in your entire army, but they'd play like Marines are supposed to. Or, yknow. How Custodes kinda already do... :verymad:

It seems you'd like to play Deathwatch or Grey Knights. :D