Representing Alpha Legion Using Loyalist Rules

Harrowmaster

For those of you running AL as loyalists in 40k what do you use to represent them rules wise (DW are cool and have tactical flexibility but SM have a wide range of chapter tactics and access to more toys)?

I'm just going to move this post over to the Raven Guard forums....

;-)

For those of you running AL as loyalists in 40k what do you use to represent them rules wise (DW are cool and have tactical flexibility but SM have a wide range of chapter tactics and access to more toys)?

I'm just going to move this post over to the Raven Guard forums....

;-)

I mean, I was considering RG to how similar it is but UM could also be a good shout and DW have the flexibility. 

Deathwatch has a lot of toys to play with and Banestrike Rounds just like the Alpha Legion.

I know they do but the SM codex gives me more units that I can use to emulate my 30k force (Seekers as sternguard, different types of termis, stolen locutarus as vanguard, quad mortars) plus it means I don't need to buy another codex

I run my Alpha Legion as Space Wolves. No particular reason, i simply had SW Battleforce at the time of reading Legion and one thing led to another.

Though i have to say that the Lone Wolf stratagem if quite fitting for AL as you can suddenky exclaim that your one remaining terminator was in fact Alpharius and give hin two more wounds and Character keyword.

Archived