Starting Alpha Legion

With the new models coming I will be starting an alpha legion army coming next month. I will be embroiled in a 1000 pts army challenge in another community starting the 15.03.

My plan for a paint scheme is turqoise armour with dark purple cloaks and loincloths and dark metal trim on normal troops, bronze or gold on hqs and maybe some more elite units. I bought the turqoise and purple warcolours Sets for this, as well as metallic turqoise and emerald for accents. I want to go into zenithal higlighting and inks and glazes with this project.

What I still need is a good basing scheme. I am kind of stuck between Red desert and normal dessert but not really happy with either.

I am picking the alpha legion because I liked them in the heresy and in shroud of might and sons of the Hydra.

In terms of army composition I will take what will be in the shadow spear box and go from there, as I am unsure as to whats good in Chaos right now and what isnt. I had the idea of maybe deepstriking 2-3 Berserker squads with the alpha legion stratagems and letting the rest of the army go for ranged combat. Maybe ally in a questor traitors down the line. Definitely a sorceror or two, as my other army, Black templars are a decidedly nonpsychic melee focussed force.

So yeah this is me saying hi and maybe posting some testmodels when colours from crete have come to my doorstep ;)

I will have to Look at the boxes full contents and then see, what goes into my templars and what goes into the alpha legion.

How do you use 30k units like the Headhunters and exodus in 40k?

In general I have to remind myself to be patient till I know whats in the box to plan for 1k.

But propably it will be something like:

Lord with Plasma pistol and Power maul (obsidious mallex)

Sorcerer

3*5 csm heavy Bolter combiplasma

2*3 obliterators Mark of slaanesh

Tick daemonengine thingie

Going of that I might add in some deepstriking khorne daemon, a defiler and 1-3 plas/missile hellbrutes with a buffing sorcerer. Then see how many points are left and what I want to do with them.

Archived