Lore / Fluff in the current codex

INKS

Recently I just got my hands on the Adeptus Mechanics codex and the lore / fluff in it was a good read, all the littler tidbits were really fun. And in many ways I am far more into the story and the lore of 40k than actually playing the game. (I haven't played in a long time).

The Tyranids have always been interesting and scary. So the Question is how good is the Lore and the Fluff in the current Codex? Is it worth the buy? Are there particular books that are good reads, or possibly even better reads for the Nids?

Tiamet is a growing plot point for the tyranids.

What is tiamet?

Tiamet is a garden world, thats being cultivated by the tyranids....

Other planets in the system are treated as "crop" worlds where tyranids grow food.

Tyranids are making a massive tower on Tiamet, its purpose is unknown but cryptman and deathwatch are terrified.

Speculation ranges from Local hivemind server cluster, A tyranid beacon that calms the warp, and a world factory to produce something unseen as of yet for the tyranids (my own guess is a mix of all 3, with it producing a few "primarch" tier aspects of the hive mind.)

What is tiamet?

Other planets in the system are treated as "crop" worlds where tyranids grow food.

Tyranids are making a massive tower on Tiamet, its purpose is unknown but cryptman and deathwatch are terrified.

Speculation ranges from Local hivemind server cluster, A tyranid beacon that calms the warp, and a world factory to produce something unseen as of yet for the tyranids (my own guess is a mix of all 3, with it producing a few "primarch" tier aspects of the hive mind.)

Tiamat is fascinating and unsettling- the fact that the sheer power of the psychic emanations of the tower caused a Librarian's head to detonate just from the Thunderhawk he was embarked upon entering the atmosphere of the planet in question is peak "creepy awesome". My guesses on the purpose of Tiamat are:

1: Giant psychic beacon that projects the will of the Hive Mind over a truly enormous area of space, making Tyranids in its proximity even more dangerous than usual and also making the area borderline impenetrable to outsiders (especially psychic species like the Aeldari, and making Chaos incursions basically impossible due to the Shadow in the Warp being a giant "I don't think so" to the Ruinous Powers).

2: A sort of Tyranid "factory" that is spawning a new and terrible Hive Fleet of unprecedented size and power, possibly the next stage of Tyranid evolution.

3: Both of the above.

What is tiamet?

Tiamat is fascinating and unsettling- the fact that the sheer power of the psychic emanations of the tower caused a Librarian's head to detonate just from the Thunderhawk he was embarked upon entering the atmosphere of the planet in question is peak "creepy awesome". My guesses on the purpose of Tiamat are:

1: Giant psychic beacon that projects the will of the Hive Mind over a truly enormous area of space, making Tyranids in its proximity even more dangerous than usual and also making the area borderline impenetrable to outsiders (especially psychic species like the Aeldari, and making Chaos incursions basically impossible due to the Shadow in the Warp being a giant "I don't think so" to the Ruinous Powers).

2: A sort of Tyranid "factory" that is spawning a new and terrible Hive Fleet of unprecedented size and power, possibly the next stage of Tyranid evolution.

3: Both of the above.

Also the fact the hive mind is possibly calling GSC to the world to bond with it, it then allows them to leave so they can spread the good word of tiamet. 

Edited by Shinros