Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with dating some models I've found

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ultionis Lupus

Ultionis Lupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
Hey, I've recently come across a few sealed box sets of blood claws, grey hunters and long fangs. They look like they're from the 90's, got white metal written on the front of the boxes. Any idea when they were released?

Also I'm not sure how to post photos or I would share them. They're all in perfect condition and bringing back so many memories!

Any help on dating them would be great

Ultionis Lupus

Ultionis Lupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
Hope this works...

http://imgur.com/a/w5d3CFh

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,783 posts
I remember those boys! The models are the original metal Space Wolves that appeared at the very end of 1st edition (circa 1992).

However, these are a later release of these models. They dated from after GW stopped using lead (hence the "Whitemetal" logo). That happened in 1997. In late 1998, GW switched to using the 3rd edition Warhammer logo which was in green rather than yellow. This dates this box fairly tightly to 1997-1998.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Ultionis Lupus

Ultionis Lupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
That's brilliant! Thank you, I had a feeling they were late 90's but didn't actually know. So do you think the other blood claws set could be the earlier type? There's a warning on one side of the box saying it contains lead? That'll be the pre 1997 release I guess?

Edited by Ultionis Lupus, 10 January 2020 - 09:39 AM.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,783 posts
Seems likely. A box with the lead warning could be anywhere from 1992 - 1997.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,824 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Well, start by approaching them and being honest. Flowers and a nice dinner usually helps too. Be yourself and...

...oh. Riiiiiight. 

• PeteySödes, Huggtand, Ultionis Lupus and 9 others like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

mactire

mactire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,215 posts
  • Faction: vlka fenryka
Lucky boy, they were fantastic models. You going to paint them up for us?

I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it
gallery_24878_5332_50483.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gifgallery_29004_6198_8099.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_29004_10383_1937.pnggallery_29004_10383_927.pnggallery_29004_10383_4142.pngsml_gallery_69091_12729_9262.pnggallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gifgallery_17224_3068_874.pnggallery_17224_3068_108.gifgallery_24878_5332_150.gif

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
These are the first Wolves I used when I started the hobby. Great models. I sold off most of my mini Wolves when Primaris came out as I like the scale better but I kept all my old metals because of how great they are. Nice find!
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Ultionis Lupus

Ultionis Lupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

Lucky boy, they were fantastic models. You going to paint them up for us?

I doubt it, I'm really not very good at painting and the fact they're still sealed makes me not want to open them!

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Dating models might be quite stressful, I heard they're high maintenance...

Yeah, charming, I think I actually have the same terminator seargant myself.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

greysquigg

greysquigg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Never works. Find someone your own size ;)

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts

You can also check the citadel catalogues from the "Stuff of Legends" website http://www.solegends...el/catindex.htm

• Ultionis Lupus likes this

One Two Wolf

One Two Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
Wow, those pics take me back... Great stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users