Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - A new dawn

Alternate Universe Alternate Heresy Special Project

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

Greetings brothers and sisters,

you might have heard or read that the majority of the Broterhood of the Lost project, which covered an entire alternate universe, left the group including some well known legions like the Wardens of Light or the Berserkers of Uran. Just yesterday did I post a related declaration of severance, which you can read within the BotL section.

Due to creative differences, etc. we no longer felt that we could remain in this project. I don't want to dive into that too much as this is our past and not our future.

Instead we want to move on and create something entirely new with the factions and storylines we spent the last four years creating.

As such, a new project is assuming a form apart from the bolterandchainsword. Nonetheless do we feel deeply connected with this board, which is still our home and birthplace of manifold ideas, concepts and discussions. Because of that, we decided that we don't want to severe our ties with this board and further, you, the community.

This thread shall act as a first contact point between us to get into contact with each other.

So what's the current status?

- We are revising ideas for both, legions and the overall setting in order to start something completely new. That means, if you are interested in joining, don't hesitate to drop a note. Even if the legion set up might be done, there are still numerous ways of participating.

- We are restructuring the group and project on a seperate discord server. Already do we have several "newcomers" joining the fray, adding to the great discussions we alread have over there.

- The term "Alternate Legions" is just a placeholder until we've decided upon setting, legions, etc. Most of the time, finishing those automatically give birth to project names.

- If you've never heard of the idea of an alternate universe / alternate Horus Heresy scenarios, then you might want to browse through the related "Alternate Legions - XY" threads I moved over here. They might give you a good insight of what this is all about.

- Nothing's written in stone yet. Even said legions might be revised and changed. Maybe the Wardens of Light become the new archtraitor? Maybe the Gravestalkers (a legion of hideous pariah marines) change sides, as well?

Long speech short:

A new project with an experienced team working in the background, will be announced sooner than later. The Dornian Heresy is the most prominent one out there. We want to follow in its footsteps and go even beyond.

Let's do this together, shall we? msn-wink.gif

Cheers,

Kelborn

Edited by Kelborn, 12 February 2020 - 03:41 PM.

• Brother Tholath, Doctor Perils, TheAshenCrow and 2 others like this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

The Pariah

The Pariah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts
  • Faction: Deciding on a new path...

So, out of curiosity, what kind of work are you looking for? More just a show of interest or stuff we might have already in the works for this? I will admit, I am interested in taking part and working in a bigger project. It just seems a bit vague on what is available to write about for this new project.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.png

Click here to see my WIP log.

New Blog coming soon.

Formerly Dizzyeye

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
  • Location:The Darkest Depths of the Eye etc Cheshire, United Kingdom

I`m definitely interested :) just pm me with what you need ^^

Blood Angels 3rd Company 8th Edition - Won /Draw /Loss : 2/1/3

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
We need your soul
  • Captain_Krash likes this

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

TheSpeckledTrout

TheSpeckledTrout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Faction: Aeronautica Imperialis

Hey, let me know how I can help - I can lend some writing towards whatever projects need work.

gallery_172111_16142_14675.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
That is cool. Want to join our discord?

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts
We're currently in a phase to gather ideas, thoughts, concepts, etc.
Then, we'll have a look on what we want to go with, what legions might fit, etc.

We don't want to force legions into a finished setting and the other way around.

So we're open minded for any creative thought. :)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

The Pariah

The Pariah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts
  • Faction: Deciding on a new path...
Cool, sounds good to me. I'd be more than happy to share some ideas and see how I can help :)

gallery_48988_15465_38466.png

Click here to see my WIP log.

New Blog coming soon.

Formerly Dizzyeye

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
@Pariah: Your input will be welcomed

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

I am interested, though I have a question as to how much familiarity with the number crunching of the tabletop, itself.  I know some other alternate heresy projects attempt to propose hypothetical army lists and assign points and stat lines to the things they come up with, but while I follow the 30K and 40K lore, I haven't delved into Tabletop.  Will that be an issue?  

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts

Not at all, because neither did I.
Never played or painted miniatures and I've come up with a Legion and with support managed to work out rules, etc.

Edited by Kelborn, 11 January 2020 - 08:44 AM.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

That is pretty relieving.  Can I join the discord and take a look around?

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts

Link's send. Enjoy the madness. ;)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Welcome to the fractured imperium

Lazarus Primus

Lazarus Primus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

I would like to put forward my interest in joining the group. While I have done some smaller story-pieces I feel like contributing to a larger narrative with my own work would be very rewarding for both myself and your group. Is there any space or are you full for now?

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts
Greetings,

There's always a chance to join. :)

Though we got all Legion slots covered, there are numerous factions and such to write upon. Knights, mortal regiments and so on.

Any preferences? Do you have discord?

We'll announcing our official start and transition unto BnC in the next couple of days.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Lazarus Primus

Lazarus Primus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Personally I enjoy writing smaller stories rather than more sweeping elements and a lot of mechanicus branches such as titan leigons, but I could easily expand my scope to accommodate whatever's necessary. I do have discord as well, though I don't use it very often if I'm honest. Hopefully I can join before the big announcement then! :) 

• Doctor Perils likes this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Trying to keep track of our Loyalist factions (here meaning those who stand with the Emperor), starting with the Space Marines:

Legions
Astral Griffons

Blackshield Forces
Shepherds of Eden
Storm Claws

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts

And the Legions in numerical order:

I- Warbringers
II- Lightning Bearers
III- Crimson Lions
IV- Void Eagles
V- Anvil Bearers
VI- Iron Bears
VII- Berserkers of Uran
VIII- Monarchs of Denaus
IX- Grave Stalkers
X- Devourers of Irithon
XI- Wardens of Light
XII- Astral Griffons
XIII- Eagle Warriors
XIV- Thunder Talons
XV- Sons of Solstice
XVI- Tyrant's Fists
XVII- Dreamwalkers
XVIII- Steel Legion
XIX- Cardinal Guard
XX- Predators

Edited by bluntblade, 11 April 2020 - 09:17 PM.

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts

A brief update to our development discussions, the Legions that will be the scions of the Chaos Gods have been decided-

Nurgle-Devourers of Irithion

Tzeentch-Monarchs of Denaus

Khorne-Predators

Slaanesh-Dreamwalkers

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,005 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran
Malal - Berserkers of Uran.

Yeah boi, we’re cool enough to bring Malal back.
  • Kelborn likes this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts

Should we pin this thread and make it our General Discussion?

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts

We could, but I'd suggest creating an actual intro summary thread as well in that case.

• Kelborn likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alternate Universe, Alternate Heresy, Special Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users